SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:21 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:56 am 

Matthew 15:29  ¶And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.
30  And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
31  Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.
32  Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.
33  And his disciples say unto him, Whence should we have so much bread in the wilderness, as to fill so great a multitude?
34  And Jesus saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.
35  And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground.
36  And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
37  And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.
38  And they that did eat were four thousand men, beside women and children.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:05 am 

Hebrews 1:1  ¶God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2  Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3  Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4  ¶Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5  For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6  And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7  And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:49 am 

1 Thessalonians 4:3  For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4  That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5  Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6  That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7  For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8  He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
9  ¶But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
10  And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;
11  And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
12  That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:10 am 

Proverbs 23:10  ¶Remove not the old landmark; and enter not into the fields of the fatherless:
11  For their redeemer is mighty; he shall plead their cause with thee.
12  ¶Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
13  Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
14  Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine.
16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things.
17  ¶Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.
18  For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:11 am 

Psalms 37:19  They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
20  But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
21  ¶The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.
22  For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
24  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
25  I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
26  He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
27  Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.
28  For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
29  The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:20 am 

Matthew 16:1  ¶The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
2  He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
3  And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
4  A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
5  ¶And when his disciples were come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.
6  Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
7  And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread.
8  Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?
9  Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
10  Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
11  How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:04 am 

Hebrews 1:9  Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10  And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11  They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12  And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
13  But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14  Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Hebrews 2:1  ¶Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
2  For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
3  How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
4  God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:56 am 

Proverbs 23:19  ¶Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way.
20  Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh:
21  For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.
22  Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.
23  Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
24  The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
25  Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.
26  My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

Proverbs 24:1  ¶Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them.
2  For their heart studieth destruction, and their lips talk of mischief.
3  ¶Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:
4  And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:16 am 

Psalms 37:30  The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
31  The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
32  The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.
33  The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
34  ¶Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
35  I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
36  Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
37  Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
38  But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.
39  But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
40  And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:28 am 

Matthew 16:14  And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15  He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
20  Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
21  ¶From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
22  Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23  But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
24  ¶Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26  For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:59 am 

Hebrews 2:5  ¶For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
6  But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
7  Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
8  Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
9  But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10  ¶For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11  For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
12  Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
13  And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
14  ¶Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15  And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:54 am 

Proverbs 24:5  A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.
6  For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.
7  ¶Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.
8  He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a mischievous person.
9  The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.
10  ¶If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.
11  ¶If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain;
12  If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?
13  ¶My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste:
14  So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:00 am 

Psalms 38:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David, to bring to remembrance.>> O LORD, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2  For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.
3  There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
4  For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
5  My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.
6  I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
7  For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.
8  I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
9  Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.
10  My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
11  My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.
12  ¶They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.
13  But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.
14  Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.
15  For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:51 am 

Matthew 16:27  For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28  Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 17:1  ¶And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2  And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3  And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4  Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5  While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:09 am 

1 Thessalonians 4:13  ¶But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Thessalonians 5:1  ¶But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2  For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3  For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next