SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:21 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:00 am 

Colossians 2:1  ¶For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;
2  That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
3  In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4  ¶And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
5  For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
6  As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7  Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:59 am 

Proverbs 22:1  ¶A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
2  ¶The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
3  ¶A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
4  ¶By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
5  ¶Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.
6  ¶Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
7  ¶The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
8  ¶He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.
9  ¶He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.
10  ¶Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:01 am 

Psalms 35:19  Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.
20  For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.
21  Yea, they opened their mouth wide against me, and said, Aha, aha, our eye hath seen it.
22  This thou hast seen, O LORD: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me.
23  Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.
24  Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.
25  Let them not say in their hearts, Ah, so would we have it: let them not say, We have swallowed him up.
26  Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify themselves against me.
27  Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
28  And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:40 am 

Matthew 14:34  ¶And when they were gone over, they came into the land of Gennesaret.
35  And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto him all that were diseased;
36  And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.

Matthew 15:1  ¶Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
2  Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3  But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
4  For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
5  But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
6  And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
7  Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8  This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9  But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:01 am 

Colossians 2:13  ¶And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15  And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16  ¶Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18  Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19  And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
20  Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21  (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22  Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23  Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 am 

Proverbs 22:11  ¶He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend.
12  ¶The eyes of the LORD preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor.
13  ¶The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.
14  ¶The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.
15  ¶Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
16  ¶He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.
17  ¶Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
18  For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips.
19  That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.
20  Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:03 am 

Psalms 36:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD.>> The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
2  For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.
3  The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.
4  He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.
5  ¶Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
6  Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast.
7  How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
8  They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.
9  For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
10  O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.
11  Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me.
12  There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:54 am 

Matthew 15:10  ¶And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
11  Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
12  Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
13  But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14  Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
15  Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
16  And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
17  Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19  For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20  These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:58 am 

Colossians 3:1  ¶If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2  Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3  For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5  ¶Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6  For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7  In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8  ¶But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9  Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10  And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:07 am 

Proverbs 22:21  That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?
22  ¶Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate:
23  For the LORD will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them.
24  ¶Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:
25  Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.
26  ¶Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts.
27  If thou hast nothing to pay, why should he take away thy bed from under thee?
28  ¶Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.
29  ¶Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:09 am 

Psalms 37:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
2  For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
3  Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4  Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5  Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
6  And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
7  ¶Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
8  Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
9  For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:23 am 

Matthew 15:21  ¶Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22  And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23  But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24  But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25  Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26  But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27  And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
28  Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:00 am 

Colossians 3:12  ¶Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17  And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:02 am 

Proverbs 23:1  ¶When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee:
2  And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.
3  Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.
4  ¶Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.
5  Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.
6  ¶Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:
7  For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
8  The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words.
9  ¶Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:56 am 

Psalms 37:10  For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11  But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
12  The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
13  The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
14  The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.
15  Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
16  A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
17  For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
18  The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next