SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:10 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:05 am 

Psalms 20:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
2  Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;
3  Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.
4  Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.
5  We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions.
6  ¶Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.
7  Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
8  They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.
9  Save, LORD: let the king hear us when we call.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:12 am 

Matthew 8:28  ¶And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
29  And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
30  And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
31  So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
32  And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
33  And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils.
34  And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:37 am 

Galatians 3:20  Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21  Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22  But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23  But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24  Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25  But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26  For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27  For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:24 am 

Proverbs 14:22  ¶Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.
23  ¶In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.
24  ¶The crown of the wise is their riches: but the foolishness of fools is folly.
25  ¶A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.
26  ¶In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
27  The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
28  ¶In the multitude of people is the king's honour: but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince.
29  ¶He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.
30  ¶A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.
31  ¶He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.
32  ¶The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.
33  ¶Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.
34  ¶Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.
35  ¶The king's favour is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:31 am 

Psalms 21:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
2  Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.
3  For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.
4  He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.
5  His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him.
6  For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance.
7  ¶For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.
8  Thine hand shall find out all thine enemies: thy right hand shall find out those that hate thee.
9  Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
10  Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth, and their seed from among the children of men.
11  For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.
12  Therefore shalt thou make them turn their back, when thou shalt make ready thine arrows upon thy strings against the face of them.
13  Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:09 am 

Matthew 9:1  ¶And he entered into a ship, and passed over, and came into his own city.
2  And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
3  And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.
4  And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
5  For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
6  But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
7  And he arose, and departed to his house.
8  But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:13 am 

Galatians 4:1  ¶Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2  But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
3  Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5  To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6  And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7  Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:13 am 

Proverbs 15:1  ¶A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
2  ¶The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
3  ¶The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
4  ¶A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
5  ¶A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.
6  ¶In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.
7  ¶The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
8  ¶The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
9  ¶The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:20 am 

Psalms 22:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.>> My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
2  O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
3  But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
4  Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
5  They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
6  But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
7  All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8  He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
9  But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.
10  I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.
11  ¶Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:22 am 

Matthew 9:9  ¶And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.
10  And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
11  And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
12  But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
13  But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
14  ¶Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?
15  And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.
16  No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
17  Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:58 am 

Galatians 4:8  ¶Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
9  But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10  Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11  I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
Galatians 5:1  ¶Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2  Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3  For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4  Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5  For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6  For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 am 

Proverbs 15:10  ¶Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
11  ¶Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?
12  ¶A scorner loveth not one that reproveth him: neither will he go unto the wise.
13  ¶A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
14  ¶The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.
15  ¶All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.
16  ¶Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.
17  Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
18  ¶A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.
19  ¶The way of the slothful man is as an hedge of thorns: but the way of the righteous is made plain.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:05 am 

Psalms 22:12  Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.
13  They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.
14  I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
15  My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
16  For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
17  I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
18  They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
19  But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.
20  Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.
21  Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.
22  ¶I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:12 am 

Matthew 9:18  ¶While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
19  And Jesus arose, and followed him, and so did his disciples.
20  And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
21  For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
22  But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
23  And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise,
24  He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.
25  But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.
26  And the fame hereof went abroad into all that land.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:38 am 

Galatians 4:7  Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
8  ¶Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
9  But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10  Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11  I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Galatians 4:21  ¶Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22  For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23  But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24  Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25  For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 68  Next