SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:35 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:15 am 

Psalms 14:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
2  The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3  They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4  ¶Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.
5  There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.
6  Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge.
7  Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:25 am 

Matthew 5:38  ¶Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39  But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40  And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
41  And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42  Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43  ¶Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47  And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48  Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:23 am 

2 Corinthians 4:1  ¶Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2  But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
5  For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
6  For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
8  ¶We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9  Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
10  Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11  For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
12  So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
13  We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
14  Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
15  For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
16  For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:18 am 

Proverbs 11:1  ¶A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.
2  ¶When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
3  ¶The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
4  ¶Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
5  ¶The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.
6  The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them: but transgressors shall be taken in their own naughtiness.
7  ¶When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of unjust men perisheth.
8  ¶The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead.
9  ¶An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
10  ¶When it goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth: and when the wicked perish, there is shouting.
11  By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:40 am 

Psalms 15:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
2  He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
3  He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
4  In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
5  He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:13 am 

Matthew 6:1  ¶Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2  Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3  But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
4  That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
5  ¶And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6  But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7  But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8  Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 am 

2 Corinthians 5:1  ¶For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2  For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3  If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4  For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
5  Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6  Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9  Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:21 am 

Proverbs 11:12  ¶He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.
13  A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
14  ¶Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
15  ¶He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it: and he that hateth suretiship is sure.
16  ¶A gracious woman retaineth honour: and strong men retain riches.
17  ¶The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh.
18  ¶The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward.
19  ¶As righteousness tendeth to life: so he that pursueth evil pursueth it to his own death.
20  ¶They that are of a froward heart are abomination to the LORD: but such as are upright in their way are his delight.
21  ¶Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:12 am 

Psalms 16:1  ¶<<Michtam of David.>> Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
2  O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee;
3  But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.
4  Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.
5  The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.
6  The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
7  I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
8  ¶I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9  Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10  For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11  Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:26 am 

Matthew 6:9  ¶After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10  Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11  Give us this day our daily bread.
12  And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
14  For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15  But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
16  ¶Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
17  But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
18  That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:23 am 

2 Corinthians 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
11  Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
12  ¶For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.
13  For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.
14  For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15  And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16  ¶Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20  Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:31 am 

Proverbs 11:22  ¶As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
23  ¶The desire of the righteous is only good: but the expectation of the wicked is wrath.
24  ¶There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.
25  ¶The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.
26  ¶He that withholdeth corn, the people shall curse him: but blessing shall be upon the head of him that selleth it.
27  ¶He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.
28  ¶He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.
29  ¶He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.
30  ¶The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
31  ¶Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:37 am 

Psalms 17:1  ¶<<A Prayer of David.>> Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
2  Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.
3  Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
4  Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.
5  Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.
6  I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
7  Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.
8  ¶Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
9  From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.
10  They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.
11  They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;
12  Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
13  Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
14  From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
15  As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:33 am 

Matthew 6:19  ¶Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
22  The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
23  But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
25  ¶Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26  Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:41 am 

2 Corinthians 6:1  ¶We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2  (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
3  Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4  But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5  In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6  By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7  By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8  By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9  As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10  As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next