SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:39 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:33 am 

1 Corinthians 14:1  ¶Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
2  For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
3  But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
4  He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
5  I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
6  ¶Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
7  And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?
8  For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?
9  So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:29 am 

Proverbs 6:12  ¶A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.
13  He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;
14  Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.
15  Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.
16  These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17  A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18  An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19  A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:20 am 

Psalms 7:10  ¶My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
11  God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
12  If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
13  He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
14  Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
15  He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
16  His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
17  I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:18 am 

Matthew 3:1  ¶In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
2  And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3  For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4  And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
5  Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6  And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
7  ¶But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8  Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9  And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
10  And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
11  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12  Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:17 am 

1 Corinthians 14:10  There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.
11  Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.
12  Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
13  Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
14  For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15  ¶What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
16  Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?
17  For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.
18  I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
19  Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:32 am 

Proverbs 6:20  ¶My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
21  Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
22  When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
23  For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
24  To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.
25  Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
26  For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life.
27  Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
28  Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
29  So he that goeth in to his neighbour's wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.
30  Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry;
31  But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.
32  But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
33  A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.
34  For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
35  He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:23 am 

Psalms 8:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm of David.>> O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
2  Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3  ¶When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6  Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7  All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8  The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9  O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:10 am 

Matthew 3:13  ¶Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
14  But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15  And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
16  And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:42 am 

1 Corinthians 15:1  ¶Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5  And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6  After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7  After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8  And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
9  For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10  But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:18 am 

Proverbs 7:1  ¶My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
2  Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
3  Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
4  Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:20 am 

Psalms 9:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician upon Muthlabben, A Psalm of David.>> I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
2  I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
3  When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence.
4  For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right.
5  Thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked, thou hast put out their name for ever and ever.
6  O thou enemy, destructions are come to a perpetual end: and thou hast destroyed cities; their memorial is perished with them.
7  But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment.
8  And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.
9  The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
10  And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:15 am 

Matthew 4:1  ¶Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2  And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3  And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4  But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5  Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6  And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7  Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8  Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9  And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11  Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:35 am 

1 Corinthians 15:12  ¶Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13  But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14  And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15  Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16  For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17  And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18  Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20  ¶But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:30 am 

Proverbs 8:1  ¶Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?
2  She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.
3  She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.
4  Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
5  O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
6  Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
7  For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
8  All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
9  They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
10  Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
11  For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:24 am 

Psalms 9:11  ¶Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.
12  When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble.
13  Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death:
14  That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation.
15  The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made: in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
16  The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
17  The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
18  For the needy shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.
19  Arise, O LORD; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight.
20  Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next