Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:04 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post subject: Articles
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:57 am 

I recieved this report from Icj news in Israel but was worried wether it was correct so asked a friend whom I considered knew the real story as to the truth or not as there are too many false versions out there . Please cosider each version carefully and objectively .

This is the Icej report .

Egypt, the great antagonist of Israel

A response to the unrest in Cairo

-by Rev. Malcolm Hedding

ICEJ Executive Director

Egypt, but for brief moments in history, has always been a great antagonist of the people of Israel. This saga really began some 1700 years before Christ when Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers, was wrongly accused and left to rot in an Egyptian jail. If it were not for God's supernatural deliverance he would have perished there! His rise to power was phenomenal as was his leadership skills. He not only saved Egypt from starvation but he delivered his family and the known world as well and thereby guaranteed the existence of the Jewish people and the Messianic line of descent. If it were not for God's supernatural deliverance, Israel would have perished!

As time went by a Pharaoh arose "who knew not Joseph" and literally enslaved the Jewish people, murdered their babies, and threatened the nation with extinction. God went before them and provided a deliverer in the person of Moses. He brought Israel out of Egypt with great signs and wonders by his hands. If it were not for God's supernatural deliverance, Israel would have perished!

When the children of Israel got to the Red Sea, the Egyptians had them cornered. There was nowhere to go and so, once again, by a miracle, in response to Moses' outstretched arm, the sea parted and Israel escaped unharmed on dry land. If it were not for God's supernatural deliverance, Israel would have perished at the hands of the Egyptians!

Throughout history, up until the present day, Egypt has resolutely set itself against the purpose of God concerning the Jews and has tried, time and time again, to destroy them. In June 1967, the now famous Six Day War broke out. Gamel Abdul Nasser of Egypt, with overwhelming military strength and backed by the Soviet Union, sought again to destroy Israel and the Jewish people. Once again, a miracle of God happened and Nasser's army was not just defeated but it was humiliated by the Israeli Defense Forces, as were the other Arab armies which attacked Israel. Israel's victory was breathtaking and stunning. Yet actually, if it were not for God's supernatural deliverance, Israel would have perished!

The same was true in October 1973 when, emboldened by Russia again, and by its various allies in the Middle East, Egypt attacked Israel on the holiest day of the Hebrew calendar - Yom Kippur or the great Day of Atonement. The surprise factor was complete and devastating. Even some of Golda Meir's top generals and closest advisors thought that the "game was over." But they were wrong. Israel snatched victory from the jaws of defeat and survived. If it were not for God's supernatural deliverance, Israel would have perished!

Egypt and Israel sign their historic peace treaty in 1978

Since 1978 and the Camp David Accords, Israel and Egypt have enjoyed a rare season of peace between the two nations. Ambassadors have been exchanged and even tourism has flourished between the two countries, albeit mainly because Israelis have gone to visit Egypt! This peace, although it initially shook the Arab world, broadened out in time to include Jordan. Sadly though, neither Arab nation is under democratic rule, thus leaving room for discontent and anger to arise and boil over. They are military-backed dictatorships and thus have required a stern hand to suppress resistance and opposition. This in turn breeds radicals and these have mushroomed in the form of the

Mubarak
Muslim Brotherhood and other groups opposed to the regime. The "street" is now filled with anger. The fact that Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has kept the peace treaty with Israel is being fully exploited, thereby turning him into a traitor for some and increasing public resentment against him.

Now this anger against the regime has erupted and threatens to engulf Jordan and possibly even Lebanon. Even though the opposition to Mubarak's government is driven, to some degree, by a more secular segment of society, it does increasingly include the Muslim Brotherhood, whose leaders applauded Osama bin Laden when his al-Qaida cells attacked New York on 9/11. Sadly, all the reports coming out of Egypt confirm our worst fears and that is, that many demonstrators are filled with rage against Israel and agree with the goals and vision of the Muslim Brotherhood at least on this one question. Like Iran, they too desire the total destruction of Israel.

Protestors accuse Mubarak of collaborating with Israel (AP)
It is now a matter of time before Mubarak falls from power and he will be replaced with populist leaders and a regime that, more than likely, will be more democratic but undoubtedly more hostile to Israel. With the passing of time we could see Cairo's Embassy closed in Tel Aviv and Egypt returning to its age-old position of hostility and antagonism. This in turn means that Israel could truly be encircled by a state-sponsored terror network that will have the means to engulf it. If it were not for God's supernatural deliverance, Israel will perish!

Though biblical scholars are pondering what all this upheaval means, it is true that the God we serve "watches over Israel day and night". However, the Prophet Ezekiel envisages a day that has yet to arrive, when an alliance of Middle East nations will attempt, one last time, to destroy Israel and remove the Jews finally and forever from the land of promise (see Ezekiel 36-39). Egypt will be among them! In Ezekiel's time, nation-states were not so well defined as we have them today and so, when the Prophet speaks of Ethiopia, Put and Libya he is talking about the whole region of North Africa. This region, in concert with many other nations, will swoop down upon Israel to destroy her. Israel will be overwhelmed and helpless! But the God of Israel will step in again and deliver her by amazing judgments that will leave the world astonished. If it were not for God's supernatural deliverance, Israel will perish!

All this is to say that we must pray, yes as never before, because the picture rapidly developing in the Middle East today is approximating more and more to the picture painted by Ezekiel and indeed the other Hebrew Prophets, including Daniel and Zechariah. At the very least the stage is being set and those who know their God will see it and "do exploits." But, it will take commitment and determination because following after the heart of God will always cost everything. Prayer, Paul reminds us, is hard work (Colossians 4:12).

Actually, if it were not for God's supernatural deliverance we would all perish because Jesus said, "Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man." (Luke 21:36) Makes one think, doesn't it?

However, this is not the end of the story. Egypt is destined for glory! She gave shelter to the Christ child and thus preserved his life (Matthew 2:13-15). She historically attacked the Messianic line but in the end gave protection to the Messiah. God has not forgotten this and thus, in the end, in the Messianic age, she will be united gloriously with Israel and Assyria and become a highway of blessing! (Isaiah 19:18-25) If it were not for the grace of God, we would all perish!

This is my friends response .

However I have had time to mull over with Father's guidance, your request for some feedback on the ICEJ news item and respond accordingly in 2 parts.

[1]
Taking the item on 'face value' it would suggest that things are getting a little interesting over there and the folk at the Christian Embassy have responded with
the best they have citing a little of the history of Israel in Egypt and finishing with a quote from Isaiah 19. Of interest the news media, while covering the situation
in Egypt have also been into Isaiah with this piece I found on CNN last week;
Several passages from the Holy Bible are closely related to the events that are taking place in Egypt today. The Prophets Ezekiel and Isaiah described visions oddly parallel to the ‘Islamic Revolution’ anno 2011.

Ezekiel wrote about the destiny of Egypt during ‘the first month of the eleventh year’.

In the eleventh year, in the first month, on the seventh of the month, the word of the LORD came to me saying, “Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and, behold, it has not been bound up for healing or wrapped with a bandage, that it may be strong to hold the sword. “Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt and will break his arms, both the strong and the broken; and I will make the sword fall from his hand. ‘I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them among the lands. ‘For I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon and put My sword in his hand; and I will break the arms of Pharaoh, so that he will groan before him with the groanings of a wounded man. ‘Thus I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, but the arms of Pharaoh will fall. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I put My sword into the hand of the king of Babylon and he stretches it out against the land of Egypt. ‘When I scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them among the lands, then they will know that I am the LORD.’” (Ezekiel 30:20)

Prophet Isaiah predicted the rapid deterioration of events in Egypt with civil unrest causing Egyptians to fight against each other. The clashes spread from household to household and grow into a kingdom war.

The burden against Egypt. Behold, the Lord rides on a swift cloud, and will come into Egypt; the idols of Egypt will totter at His presence, and the heart of Egypt will melt in its midst. “I will set Egyptians against Egyptians; everyone will fight against his brother, and everyone against his neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom. The spirit of Egypt will fail in its midst; I will destroy their counsel, and they will consult the idols and the charmers, the mediums and the sorcerers. And the Egyptians I will give into the hand of a cruel master, and a fierce king will rule over them,” says the Lord, the Lord of hosts. (Isaiah 19:1-4)

So far January 2011 has seen the governments of Egypt, Tunesia and Lebanon become gravely challenged while tensions are brewing in other Islamic nations.

Sadly [for them] the Scripture quoted, later verses also quoted in the ICEJ article, happened some time ago, well a little more than some time ago, a long time ago during
the Babylonian captivity of Judah and Benjamin - one of the reasons they were freed by their Chaldean captors, who had the growing problem of Egypt to deal with.
Les, it is an example of 'grabbing some Scripture out of a hat' in order to put some 'weight' into the news, most Bible students [no amend that to 'some'] will spot the error
pretty quickly. Your good folk at the Embassy have fallen into the same 'ravine' but I understand why they have made such an error. It is the same error the Churches make
each end every day when referring to Israel. Now let's have a look at a piece of 'relevant' Scripture; Romans 11:25 - "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in." This leads me to part 2...

[2]
I have dropped a few bits on the site regarding Israel. You have also been exposed to a little of the post-captivity period concerning Israel and their wanderings from a
British/Israel perspective, a good place to start this journey. Firstly not all Israel is Israel, an odd statement you might think but true and extremely relevant today. When Paul
wrote to the Romans he went on to say, "...and so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:" Jacob was one of the collective terms, for not only the 10 tribed House of Israel but the former 12-tribed Kingdom before the split; it being Jacob whose name was changed by the LORD to Israel. Paul is right - all Israel will be saved [praise the Lord] but the VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION IS, who and where are they and how will they be saved ?

Psalm 83:4 states; They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance. Think on this one Les as it
is the hub of where this is going. When the LORD used the Assyrians to carry away Israel out of their land of Samaria, to a captivity 1200 miles away to the north-east, the
name of Israel ceased in the region, they became no more in remembrance in the mind of not only the Assyrians but surrounding nations - in essence Israel disappeared. The
only connection with them was their estranged neighbours to the south in Jerusalem; Judah. During Judah's captivity in Babylon they acquired the name 'Jews' a slang term
given them by the Chaldean soldiers. A Jew was anyone living in or from the region of Judea; just think of 'poms' or 'yanks' it is really that simple. When they were sent back
to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple the zealots among them [the Pharisees] adopted the name, Israel as they believed [wrongly] that as they had returned to the Mosaic Law
as their guiding principle that the name of Israel must go along with it; Abraham also their guiding light. Also many surrounding nations began to [for similar reasons] call them Israel. The true Israel was now living to the North [near Turkey] and later moved to the West under new names ...in Isaac shall they seed be called, in fulfillment of prophesy.

Today, Christian supporters of the modern Israeli State are misguided and not informed by either secular history and more especially the Word of the LORD as to where true
Israel is - they are certainly not in Palestine! The LORD'S people would certainly NOT behave as these impostors (mostly) do, their lineage can be clearly traced to the Khazar Empire that adopted the 'Jews religion' [see Paul] as a matter of expediency in the 10th Century.

There is a growing movement worldwide of Christians supporting the Israeli State the folk at TBN (Trinity Broadcasting) Hinn, Crouch [the founder] and most of the other
'pastors of the electronic age' being a case in point. Sadly they have been deceived by the wicked one. We know that our Hope will gather HIS people when HE is ready;
the Israeli State is an abomination being a man-made country built on claims of a Scriptural inheritance and ancestry that no Ashkenazim [Jew] can rightly claim being 10th
century 'adopters' and not true descendants. The irony is that most of those good folk who believe they are supporting 'Gods People' by supporting Israel are in fact
themselves God's people; Israelites by ancestry! Getting back to Paul, all Israel will be saved, who call on Jesus Christ, their One Lord savior and redeemer. A great many Christians today are Israelites - descendants of the House of Israel taken by Assyria. So Paul is right [as always] also when he said that ...blindness in part has happened to
Israel we can see today - true Israel being blind to their true identity. But NOT for much longer!!

So what do I think of the ICEJ article? Quite frankly Les a misguided waste of space. Christians who support the Israeli State are blind to the truth of not only secular
history but Father's Word. HE WILL DO THE GATHERING OF ISRAEL, not a bunch of 'men' posing as the chosen people!! And besides we are to get A NEW JERUSALEM so
quite frankly, who is his right mind would want the old one...?

Post subject: Re: Articles
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:45 am 

The Inmates Are Running the Asylum
Libya's tenure on the U.N. Human Rights Council is just the latest example of how the international system has been hijacked by the world's most repressive regimes.
BY DANIEL AYALON | MARCH 2, 2011

The recent unrest in parts of the Arab world has not only exposed the appalling lack of development in these countries, but also a number of fundamental deficiencies in the international system. The United Nations, which began its life with a plurality of democratic nations, now allows for an automatic majority of nondemocratic nations. The international system dictates that Arab and Islamic nations, and their knee-jerk defenders, have a majority in almost all of its bodies. This is amply demonstrated by the disproportionate amount of time spent condemning Israel.

If there were ever an example of the inmates running the asylum, it is the U.N. Human Rights Council. This body has whitewashed the human rights record of some of the world's most repressive regimes, while also providing them with a forum to ruminate on and condemn the actions of a free and open nation, Israel.

The Libyan regime, which is currently massacring its citizens in a desperate bid to remain in power, successfully sought a place on the Human Rights Council only last year. U.N. General Assembly Resolution 60/251, which created the council, stated that when electing members of the council, U.N. member states "shall take into account the contribution of candidates to the promotion and protection of human rights." Only through an Orwellian flight of fancy could Libya's contribution to the promotion and protection of human rights ever have been considered positive. Recent events have made it more akin to a sick joke.

Nevertheless, in a secret ballot, 155 states voted in favor of granting Libya a coveted place on the council. These votes were given to a country that was known to be involved in extrajudicial and summary executions, brutal torture, and aiding and abetting international terrorism.

Even now, the United Nations has dithered on its responsibility to the Libyan people. It only recently decided to suspend the Libyan delegation from the council, after many days and hundreds of Libyans murdered. Even the Arab League moved quicker than the United Nations to suspend Libya in light of the violence meted out by Muammar al-Qaddafi and his regime.

Until recent events shook the Qaddafi regime's grip on power, the Human Rights Council had proved more than willing to overlook its egregious human rights abuses. The council recently released a lengthy report partly praising Libya's human rights record, with many on the council commending the Libyan regime for such things as its "democracy" and "the importance that the country attached to human rights." What a joke.

The recent human rights outrages in Libya are only the latest example of how repressive dictatorships have perverted the mission of this ostensibly august body. The international human rights organization Freedom House's September 2010 "report card" on the council found that its "membership has become increasingly populated by authoritarian countries" -- including Saudi Arabia and Cuba -- and "continues to earn failing grades on its ability to respond to the world's most pressing human rights issues."

The report further lambasted the council for its "disproportionate focus on Israel" and for becoming "appallingly politicized and dominated by some of the world's most aggressive opponents of universal standards on human rights."

Indeed, Qaddafi's regime is far from the first repressive autocracy to serve on the Human Rights Council. In fact, the majority of nations currently sitting on the council are not even considered "free" by Freedom House's extensive and detailed ranking system. Israel, on the other hand, is consistently rated as "free."

Many government officials and commentators have questioned Israel's noncompliance with the Human Rights Council, particularly in its inquiries into our defensive operations. These have included the infamous Goldstone Commission and the so-called "independent international fact-finding mission on the incident of the humanitarian flotilla," which examined Israel's attempt to prevent a breaking of its legal sea blockade by hostile and violent activists.

In light of recent events and the wretched human rights record of many of the council's members, it should be considered a badge of honor to be condemned by such a body. If Qaddafi is the judge of what constitutes respect for human rights, then consider us -- and all democracies -- guilty.

The people of our region are speaking in great numbers about the need for freedom, transparency, and accountability. Too many countries in the world have allowed political or financial expediency to color their judgment on international cooperation. It is time that all decent nations advance policies to coincide with a just human rights agenda, rather than being caught in embarrassing collusion with murderous dictators.

The U.N. Human Rights Council has once again proved itself outside the evolution and progress of history. The people of our region deserve better -- and are hopefully slowly moving the Middle East to a better place. Let's hope the council does not continue to serve as a barrier to their hopes and expectations.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:11 pm 

Greetings Les,
Re: The Inmates Are Running the Asylum, above - a good piece, Daniel Ayalon has a good understanding of the situation especially his understanding of the internecine conflicts of the middle east. But as the saying goes the Devil is in the detail, which is the case here as well. This is not a metaphor but a reality, the Devil really is in the detail and especially today! Sooner or later the world is going to wake up and face the truth in this statement. Where there is conflict, like the conflicts we are now seeing in the Middle East, you can bet your bottom dollar that he is there tucked away, hidden from view, quietly orchestrating events. It is his planet after all...

When Yahshua-Messiah [Jesus, if you will] was tempted by Satan as recorded by both Matthew and Luke, a remarkable exchange took place. We have all read it 100 times and most of us have an understanding of what took place; but did we actually see what was written on the page? There is a subtle difference in the accounts the revelation is found in Luke. In chapter 4 verse 6 we read these words utterer by Lucifer; "All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it." He was plainly telling Yahshua that he was in charge, this this was his planet, that he had the power to give and take; the same powers reserved to the Lord. Lucifer not only boasted of his power but demonstrated it by taking Yahshua to the high mountains then to roof of the temple in Jerusalem, quite a feat to transport someone in this way; a feat none of us can replicate!

This remarkable exchange is worth reading again, so why don't we;

Luke 4:3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
Notice the use of 'if' the same device he used on Eve.
Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
The 'WORD' is the bread of Everlasting Life
Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
Luke 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
Here it is; Lucifer stating and claiming authority. The key word here is, 'delivered.' His power and authority over the Earth was given to him...!
Luke 4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
Luke 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Luke 4:9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:
Luke 4:10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
Luke 4:11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Lucifer knows his Scripture better than most...
Luke 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
The Mother-load is right here! Read it again. Who was being tempted AND what was His reply? When the Father shows you, lets you see what is written on the page, it is YeeHaa time! And Praise the LORD!!
Luke 4:13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.
He has the power to come and go at his choosing.

Yes folks, this is Satan's Planet - not yours or mine, we just live here for the time being. And with pretty exorbitant rent and conditions I might add. It certainly ain't Paradise. But soon will be... again.

Blessings in the Name of the One Lord, Yahshua-Messiah.

Peace and Grace to you all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 pm 

It is very difficult to talk about the ‘Jews’ without creating much strong emotion and accusation from some quarters. Fear of being labelled anti-Semite, a heretic or made to feel guilty for simply raising the topic is probably why most avoid this important subject. Unfortunately, in the absence of any genuine open discussion, mainstream media, politicians and church leaders have been free to promote and repeat many views completely unchallenged. As a result, few now understand who the ‘Jews’ are, where they come from, what they believe or what the future holds for them. For most Christians, the ‘Jews’ represent the biblical Israelites and hold them to be exclusively God’s people and therefore never to be challenged.

However, how do we know whether these common beliefs are true or not unless we do some investigations for ourselves?

Accordingly, it's important to review the background and history of both Israel and the ‘Jews’, including what these two terms actually mean. Wherever possible using quotes from ‘Jewish’ authorities themselves to avoid any labelling.

If you are interested in learning the answers to these questions, please continue reading by visiting my website at:

http://revealingthetruth.weebly.com/who ... -jews.html

There are also other interesting topics covered, including The True Gospel, Who and Where is Israel Today and What is the State Dead.

God Bless

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:45 pm 

Nadia Mohammed Ali and her seven children were all sentenced to 15 years
in prison by a court in Beni Suef recently, after being convicted of apostasy.
Nadia had converted from Christianity to Islam 23 years ago to marry a
Muslim man. But when he died in 1991, Nadia returned to Christianity and
gave her children Christian names.
With the help of seven registry officials, Nadia also changed the religion on
her ID card and her children's ID cards to Christianity. The registry officials
all received five-year prison sentences for facilitating the change of religion
on the family's ID cards.
The names of Nadia's children are Mohab, Maged, Sherrif, Amira, Amir,
Nancy and Ahmed. The registry officials' names are Nabil, Ayyad, Hany,
Amgad, Shehata, Mohammed and Dr. Abd El Fattah.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:37 am 

Interview: The Palestinian Authority Incites Children to Hate Jews
In an interview with Jerusalem Online News, Palestinian Media Watch founder and director Itamar Marcus discussed how the Palestinian Authority media and educational system cynically exploit children by teaching them to hate Jews. To learn more about incitement within the Palestinian Authority, visit palwatch.org. May 01, 2014, 06:31PM | Rachel Avraham
Palestinian Media Watch reported today that PA TV broadcast a poem written by a little girl who called for “a war that will smash the oppression and destroy the Zionist souls.” This is only the most recent case of the Palestinian Authority exploiting children in order to promote violence against Israel. In an interview with Jerusalem Online News, Itamar Marcus, founder and director of Palestinian Media Watch, stressed that even when peace talks were ongoing between Israelis and Palestinians, these violent messages targeting children didn't come to a halt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:08 am 

Carol Hunt: Killing children is always wrong, so why do we blame Israel more?
Our insistence on holding Israel to a higher set of standards than we do her neighbours is anti-Semitic, writes Carol Hunt
Published 27/07/2014|00:00

Who can argue against the evidence of dead children? Who can watch four little boys playing soccer on a beach mown down, shrug and say, "well, all fair in wartime"?

Few can. Very, very few. Yesterday, my skinny, tanned, happy little 10-year-old played football with his friends in the street beside our house. He saw some of the evening news on Gaza, complained of a tummy ache and I insisted on staying the night beside him. As I watched his little chest rise and fall, I wondered how on earth the parents of those four beautiful boys - and so many more - could ever come to terms with their loss. And then there are the 9,092 children who have been killed so far in the nearby Syrian civil war and the 2,072 Palestinians also recently killed there. Where are the marches and protests for them? What is the difference between them and their Gazan victims? "Israel" would seem to be the answer.

We in the West hold Israel to a higher standard than we do her neighbours. Israel should know better, we say. Does this mean we hold her Arab neighbours to a lesser standard? Is this not basic racism? But Israel is the Goliath to Palestine's David, we insist. And in a narrow sense this is true. Yet in the broader sense Israel - smaller than Leinster - is a tiny Jewish, yet secular, democracy in a sea of warmongering, and increasingly dangerously anti-Semitic (and Christian) enemies. Israel is not the arrogant monolith we believe it to be, though it must try to give that impression in order to survive.

As Israeli novelist Amos Oz noted in Dublin recently, Jewish Israel is still a "refugee camp" - where millions who fled from persecution in Europe or were expelled from Islamic countries live in daily fear of their neighbours.

Gaza also is a refugee camp, an open-air horror of desperation, fear and poverty and a breeding ground for terrorists and fundamentalism. There are no good guys here - just dead children and terrified, traumatised civilians. And yet last week, our new foreign minister Charlie Flanagan was roundly excoriated for abstaining from a UN resolution to solely investigate Israel's military actions. In doing so, he was in line with our European neighbours, including the UK, France and Germany. Flanagan said: 
". . . we had problems with the text, we wanted it to include all violent acts on all sides, including Hamas and other militant groups in the region". And yet the consensus from the chattering classes in Ireland was that Israel, and only Israel, be investigated.

When Navi Pillay, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights spoke to the UN last Wednesday, she condemned both Israel and Hamas for their actions, accusing both of indiscriminate attacks against civilians. The difference in death tolls? As Jon Snow said last week, it's the fact that "Hamas's random human targets are protected by America's brilliant Iron Dome shield". Bluntly, Israel is better at protecting its citizens. "Why doesn't the US buy a similar shield for Gaza?" Snow asked. Well, I suspect that wouldn't suit the PR battle Hamas is currently waging - and winning. Even if they are committing war crimes by hiding arms and terrorists in schools and hospitals, they know the liberal West will still blame Israel for all deaths. Every dead body is a win for Hamas. It's a strike against Israel's "disproportionate response" to Hamas' aim, which is to wipe every Jew off the face of the earth. In short, Hamas want another Jewish Holocaust.

But if the evidence of that is right under our noses, why do so many want to believe that Hamas is some sort of Middle Eastern Freedom Fighting Force, dedicated to bringing its people out of misery and degradation? Any self-respecting liberal, feminist or human rights supporter should run screaming from their tenets. Hamas was "elected" in 2006. Since then they have intimidated, terrorised and pauperised the people of Gaza.

advertisementUnable to play media source: Embed video Dimensions: 320x240 480x320 1280x720 Advertisement 00:00Blue Billywig Video Player
In April, the (illegal) Gazan parliament announced that it was replacing the 1936 criminal code with Sharia Law -this includes honour killings, female genital mutilation, the stoning of adulterers, the imprisonment of LGBT people and the beating and lashing of women who dress immodestly or refuse to act like the inferior beings Hamas's ideology tells them that they are.

We don't want to believe this of course, in much the same way as civilised Europeans in the 1930s didn't want to believe that Hitler meant every word he wrote in Mein Kampf. Instead, we blame the Jews. Or the Israelis if we insist we're not anti-Semitic. Currently the hashtag #HitlerWasRight is trending on Twitter. I have seen what I would call ordinary decent Irish people write slogans like "Zionist Filth" on Facebook. All over Europe, anti-Semitic attacks have increased horrifically since the current war in Gaza began - because paranoid Israel is not reacting to the threats against her "proportionately".

Dan Hodges (ex UK Labour party and GMB trade official) wrote last week that Israel's critics don't want a proportionate response in Gaza. They want no response at all".

He asks reasonably, "what do you think the death toll would be if Hamas had Israel's military capability - including its nuclear capability? Because I think in those circumstances we would see with horrifying clarity what a disproportionate use of military force really looks like." Bottom line? What we would see is what Hamas and their supporters and financiers want: the annihilation of Israel.

Amos Oz believes the only solution for Israel and Palestine to live peacefully is the oft proffered two-state-solution. This is a beautiful dream, but one impossible to make reality while Western liberals offer succour to the fundamentalists of Hamas while solely demonising Israel.

Every killing of a child is deeply, morally wrong. But one has to ask: What is the difference between our outrage at the children killed in Gaza and those being killed in Syria? It would be seem to be the people killing them. And if we insist that our disproportionate reaction to those killed by Israel is not anti-Semitic, then what is it?

Sunday Independent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:13 am 

It is currently Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:33 am

And at that very moment, its Saturday, 1:10 PM 08/23/2014 where I am now.

Les, am I seeing into the future or just always one day behind-?

(:- :?:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:48 am 

Les Keane wrote:
Carol Hunt: Killing children is always wrong, so why do we blame Israel more?

Because IDF snipers pick out children to murder, that’s why (:-

Les Keane wrote:
Our insistence on holding Israel to a higher set of standards than we do her neighbours is anti-Semitic, writes Carol Hunt

Carol is wrong (:-

Les Keane wrote:
Carol Hunt: Who can argue against the evidence of dead children? Who can watch four little boys playing soccer on a beach mown down, shrug and say, "well, all fair in wartime"?

I have never before watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport."

http://www.israel-state-terrorism.org/children.html

http://tinyurl.com/8rmn2g3

Les Keane wrote:
Gaza also is a refugee camp, an open-air horror of desperation, fear and poverty and a breeding ground for terrorists and fundamentalism. There are no good guys here - just dead children and terrified, traumatised civilians.

Thank you for saying it like it is "just dead children and terrified, traumatised civilians

And you can thank the Zionists for this. Notice I did not say "Jews", there is a difference.

Do you know what that is-? (:-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:03 am 

Vocatus wrote:
Yes folks, this is Satan's Planet - not yours or mine, we just live here for the time being.

NO this is NOT Satan's Planet. Satan is a figment of your imagination. He/It does not exist in the real world unless you conjure it up yourself and even then it only exists in your imaginings.

You have the power to put it away, just never more use the term and it will fade away to never more exist in our world.

Now look you've got me using the term too (:-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:13 am 

Les Keane wrote:
Interview: The Palestinian Authority Incites Children to Hate Jews

We are not talking about "Jews", we are talking about Zionists and/or Israeli's.

As an American I can tell you there is a difference.

(:- :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:53 am 

Les Keane wrote:
Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers, was wrongly accused and left to rot in an Egyptian jail.

Somebody has told you wrong. Best you read the OT yourself my friend

(Gen 41:39 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath showed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:

(Gen 41:40 KJV) Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

(Gen 41:41 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.

(Gen 41:42 KJV) And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;

(Gen 41:43 KJV) ,.,.,.,.,.,and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.

(Gen 41:46 KJV) And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.

(Gen 42:1 KJV) Now when Jacob saw that there was corn in Egypt, Jacob said unto his sons, Why do ye look one upon another?

(Gen 42:5 KJV) And the sons of Israel came to buy corn among those that came: for the famine was in the land of Canaan.

(Gen 42:25 KJV) Then Joseph commanded to fill their sacks with corn, and to restore every man's money into his sack, and to give them provision for the way:

(Gen 45:21 KJV) And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.
(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.
(Gen 47:5 KJV) And Pharaoh spake unto Joseph, saying, Thy father [ISRAEL] and thy brethren are come unto thee:
(Gen 47:6 KJV) The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle.
(Gen 47:11 KJV) And Joseph placed his father [ISRAEL] and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.
NOTE: The Israelites pack up everything and move to Egypt leaving everything behind and live in Egypt for 400+ years

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:07 am 

Les Keane wrote:
The recent unrest in parts of the Arab world has not only exposed the appalling lack of development in these countries,

appalling lack of development ~~~~~~~?

I have seen little children playing on a dirt floor laughing with broad smiles loving every minute of the day.

& I have read about millionairs jumping out a ten story window.

The latter is what I call appalling, the former gives me a good feeling inside (:-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:58 pm 

Les Keane wrote:
This is the Icej report .

Egypt, the great antagonist of Israel

A response to the unrest in Cairo

Egypt, but for brief moments in history, has always been a great antagonist of the people of Israel.

Oh really-?

(:-