SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: busting biblical
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:29 pm 

Was there only one creation of man or was there a new one after God had rested on the seventh day ?

Genesis 1:26  ¶And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29  ¶And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30  And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31  ¶And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Genesis 2:1  ¶Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2  And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
- -----------------------------------------------------
Here we can clearly see that man was CREATED on the 6th day .
( A day with God is as a thousand years to us .)

Psalms 90:4  For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
2 Peter 3:8  ¶But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Genesis 2:3  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
4  ¶These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
5  And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6  But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8  ¶And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Here we can see that God FORMED man after the 7th day so we have 2 lots of people living on the earth thus providing the Son's of men that Cain and Abel married outside the Garden of Eden . Adam and Eve were a special forming of a spiritual line to enable God's plan of redemption to be fulfilled .

Now we have another of the atheists arguements destroyed when they ask where Cains wife came from .
The Giants that are spoken of later in the bible came from the first creation .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 am 

I,ve got Joe Kovacs book now and it confirms some things I knew plus gives the scriptures and timelines , which I had never really studied just accepting what is written .
Some myths busted are .

There were not three wise men at Jesus birth in a manger . It says there were 3 gifts but not how many givers . They visited him in " a house " any time up to two years later .
Jesus could not have been born in December as it is too coold for shepherds to be on the hills at night at that time of year .

Jesus was not crucified on Friday and did not rise on Sunday . He was crucified on Wednesday , the day before the yearly "high Sabbath " , WAS in the grave 3 days and 3 nights and rose by the end of the weekly sabbath .
Time lines from the gospels prove this .

That is all I can think of for now and I am not going to quote the book . It can be bought on fishpond.co.nz.
I must say though that even Joe has missed some from what I have seen so far .

Last edited by Les Keane on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:25 pm 

Do we go to heaven when we die ?

The bible doesn't say we do . It says we sleep and then believers are caught up to be with our Lord and join Him in His Kingdom when He returns .
once again Joe Kovac explains it simply and scripturally .

Post subject: busting
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:36 pm 

There is absolutely nowhere in the Bible that says to observe Sunday as our Sabbath or for any reason whatsoever . The main arguement used to perpertrate this theory is that Jesus Christ rose from the grave on Sunday . However this is an impossibilty , He rose before it was dawning to the first day of the week .

Last edited by Les Keane on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: busting
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:32 am 

Easter . A remembrance of our Lord's death and resurrection but these days mixed up with a lot of pagan ideas and celebrations .
Once again we come to the timing . The three days and nights in the grave as Jonah spent 3 days and nights in the fishes belly cannot be fulfilled from Friday evening till Sunday morning . That particular week there were 2 sabbaths . The yearly ' High Sabbath ' and the weekly Saturday Sabbath . Jesus was crucified on the Wednesday before the High Sabbath and rose on the Saturday Sabbath .
Our official remembrance period is a lie and a sham and Sunday worship a mockery .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:44 pm 

I haven't been on this thread since we did a clean upand it looks like all the posts have dissapeared because of the time constraints so we will have to start all over again .
The reason I visited this time is because a friend was telling me about an in depth study someone had don e on Peter one of the first 12 apostles of Christ .
Aparently the Catholic religion is based somewhat on Peter being buried in Rome but He wasn't . Peter the sorcerer was so that makes their religion based on a demon possesed person . I'm hoping my friend will post it on here , if not I will when I get a copy .

I'll have to go back and redo the other myth busting when I can unless some of you others can remember and post them .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:49 pm 

Hello !
Page 2 has popped up , Hallelujah , so at least some are still here . If I know my God as I hope He has let me then the posts that are still there are the important ones . Hallelujah !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:27 am 

Now they are all back . Supeeeeer , Doopeeeeer .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:36 am 

THE SECRETS OF THE EARLY CHURCH
- by Andrew Strom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will it take to get back to the Book of Acts?

"NINE LIES" OF TODAY'S CHURCH

It is a sad fact that today's church is deceiving itself in some very crucial areas. Below are some plain facts (-absolutely true) that may shock a few people:

1. "Ask Jesus into your heart" is not in the Bible. Neither is "Give your heart to the Lord", or repeating a "sinner's prayer". These practices do not exist in Scripture at all. The subject of salvation is the most important subject in the Bible and we are being lied to about it. These doctrines are a total fabrication. They were invented to make salvation "quick and convenient". Many church members today who are relying on these things are clearly not 'saved' at all.

2. Church buildings do not exist in the Bible. They were invented around 200-300 AD, when the church was in serious decline. Only a backslidden church could fall so far away from the simplicity of the early church. Church buildings are anti-New Testament, and bring with them a host of problems and traditions. It was basically when the church fell into the hands of Rome that this concept of the "cathedral" really took over. And we are still spending millions on these monuments today.

3. The "one pastor runs everything" model is totally unscriptural. Far from running everything, in the book of Acts we find the word "pastor" NOT EVEN USED ONCE. (-The early church did have strong leaders and elders. But it was never a "one man band" like we see today. And never was it so "controlling" either).

4. "Tithing" is not a New Testament practice at all. And it is being shamefully abused by today's preachers. In the New Testament we are told to give cheerfully - whatever we purpose in our hearts to give. Telling people that they MUST give 10% to the church or they are "robbing God" is totally sick - and a money-grubbing way of twisting Scripture. There is no evidence that the apostles EVER preached 'tithing' to New Testament believers. It was clearly regarded as an Old Testament practice.

5. The words "prosper" or 'prosperity' were NEVER used by Jesus at all - and only exist a couple of times in the entire New Testament. Yet greedy preachers have built whole kingdoms upon them. The words - "sell what you have and give to the poor" and "deceitfulness of riches" and "you cannot serve God and mammon" and "woe to you that are rich" were DEFINITELY used by Jesus and the apostles. But we don't hear these things preached too much, do we?

6. There were no Bible Colleges, Seminaries or degrees in the New Testament. The only people who seemed to have "Bible Schools" were the Scribes and Pharisees! The apostles were simple fishermen and tax collectors. It is likely that a number of them could not even read or write. What was their "qualification" for being in the ministry? Simply that they had SPENT A LOT OF TIME WITH JESUS. The fact that people expect a "professional clergy" today with degrees from Bible College has helped to make the church sicker and more unscriptural than ever. Simple humble people with a calling from God often cannot get to minister because they do not have a "piece of paper" to make them 'qualified'. -Yet another disaster for the church.

7. There is almost no evidence whatsoever that the early church had their "main meeting" on a Sunday. They gathered together 'from house to house' virtually every day! There were no church buildings. They did not dress up and "go to church". There were no denominations. There were no separate groups with different 'labels'. They lived their lives together - all the Christians in the local area. Love and fellowship and 'koinonia' were as natural to them as breathing. And the apostles in Jerusalem preached every day at huge open-air gatherings. -Not "hidden away" inside four walls. This was truly a "street church" in every way.

8. The idea that you can replace the moving of the Holy Spirit with programs, programs and more programs just shows how low we have sunk. Man-made programs are everywhere today. The early church had much more of God and much less of 'man'.

9. We preach a 'humanistic' Jesus today. -A Jesus who exists mainly for our own "happiness". A Santa Claus who wants to rain down continual blessings upon us. A God of grace and mercy without judgement, righteousness or truth. Our gross misrepresentation of who Jesus really is, is one of the most serious offenses of the modern church. Today's church seems to worship a "plastic" Jesus - one that she has made in her own image. What an offense to God.

A lot of preachers are well aware that there is something very wrong with the church today. They know there is little 'fear of the Lord'. They know there is no deep repentance or deep moving of the Holy Spirit. They know that it is just the same old "game" being played every week. A lot of them are very aware of this. But they will not do anything about it. They will not rock the boat. And they will "squash" anyone who comes along trying to do something. They do not want a real "shaking". There is too much to lose. They have their careers and their little 'kingdoms' at stake. This is the real truth of the matter. This is where the rubber truly meets the road.

That is why God is about to bring "Great Reformation". He will not put up with these 'hirelings' any longer. He will not have them as leaders over His people. A lot of them are about to "lose their heads". They will never lead God's people again.

This is what true 'Reformation' is all about. It is the process of replacing the old leadership and the old lies. -It is David taking over from 'Saul'.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:59 am 

PARABLE OF the BUCKET BRIGADE
-Author Unknown.

Once upon a time, when the village had thatched roofs and no fire
prevention system, a fire broke out on one of the roofs.

The people saw the fire and immediately formed a bucket brigade
stretching from the central well to the fire. Through quick and
concerted effort the fire was put out and the whole village saved.
People in the town were immensely grateful, and as a result some
founded the Bucket Brigade Society which took to practicing
faithfully every week.

Soon the Brigade developed a hierarchy. The chief bucketeer
became very influential, in many ways more important than the
mayor. All the best people belonged to the Brigade and to be a
member meant to gain status in the community.

The society wrote songs to be sung during their practices, and
created elaborate and beautiful methods of passing the buckets.
Even after the village had been covered over and a fire department
formed, the Brigade continued.

Then one day, a young recruit happened to look down into the
bucket she was passing: But there´s no water in the bucket, she
observed with surprise.

After that, the young began drifting away, no longer especially
interested in the Brigade at all.

That is the trouble with ego religion.

It retains the tradition but loses the substance.

And the substance is faith in the heavenly mystery.

Ego religion has it´s rewards.

It elevates you above your neighbors,

assures you that you are right and virtuous,

and makes you happy that you are not "one of those."

Ego religion can even justify

hating and killing those with whom you disagree. (-Author unknown).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:41 am 

Someone said to me the other day that the Bible does not say that we have a soul and that we do not have a soul . They may be splitting hairs here but the Bible definitley implies that we have a soul and I do not want to lose mine . Lets have a look at the scriptures in the New Testament.

Matthew 10:28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matthew 12:18  Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
Matthew 16:26  For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Matthew 26:38  Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
Mark 8:36  For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mark 8:37  Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mark 12:30  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mark 12:33  And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Mark 14:34  And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.
Luke 1:46  And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
Luke 2:35  (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
Luke 10:27  And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luke 12:19  And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
Luke 12:20  But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
John 12:27  ¶Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
Acts 2:27  Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Acts 2:31  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Acts 2:43  And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Acts 3:23  And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Acts 4:32  ¶And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Romans 2:9  Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Romans 13:1  ¶Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
1 Corinthians 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
2 Corinthians 1:23  Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to spare you I came not as yet unto Corinth.
1 Thessalonians 5:23  ¶And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 6:19  Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
Hebrews 10:38  Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
Hebrews 10:39  But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
James 5:20  Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 2:11  Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
2 Peter 2:8  (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
3 John 1:2  Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
Revelation 16:3  And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
Revelation 18:14  And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

Hmmmmmm. I reckon I'd have to say that we have a soul .

Thought I had better check the Old Testament too but there are too many to post so here are just a few from the Psalms .

Psalms 121:7  The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
Psalms 123:4  Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.
Psalms 124:4  Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:
Psalms 124:5  Then the proud waters had gone over our soul.
Psalms 124:7  Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.
Psalms 130:5  ¶I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
Psalms 130:6  My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
Psalms 131:2  Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:30 am 

Les Keane wrote:
Psalms 131:2  Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.

Psalms 131:2
My heart is not proud, LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.
3 Israel, put your hope in the LORD
both now and forevermore.

Is the above what you said-?

(:-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:58 am 

I’m turning 65 this month. I was born and raised in the USA, or at least paid my income tax, my Medicare tax & my Social Security tax all my working life. Looking back; they all where/Are great investments. I’ll be soon getting a US Treasury Check in the amount of +/- 1,900 a month for the rest of my life. Yes they all are great investments.

Don’t let the Republicon’s do their thing on you

Watch MSNBC, as a viewer they are the best

USA citizen and proud of it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:02 am 

Ok, it's a very confused attempt to understand scripture. The attemp was to create a time line from the time God talked to them face to face,

His suggestions & what they have done with them up to today.

There is a beginning but there is no end. They can always change their ways and embrace the stranger (Palestinian) as one of their own. Still the choice is theirs alone to make. Hopefully the author goes on to say, I will see this occur in my life time and if so I will include it here as the final entry on page 14. The truth is they were scattered & then they gathered just as it was written so long ago only the true Promised Land turns out to be the USA, not some place beyond the river and they are happy campers along with the rest of us, in that old USA.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:04 am 

They were chosen to show us the way, to show us how to treat the stranger, how to be compassionate and loving to your neighbor and by doing so peace would envelope the world.

by their example~~~~~~~~~~

Is that what you see,

Tell me, ok (:-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next