Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:55 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post subject: busting biblical myths
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:24 pm 

Was it an apple - No , it was the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil .

Genesis 2:9  And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Genesis 2:17  But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Genesis 3:8  And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
9  ¶And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10  And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11  ¶And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12  And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13  And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Was it a whale - No , it was a fish that God had prepared .

Jonah 1:17  Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Just a couple . More to come or please feel free to post others you know of .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:02 pm 

#######

Last edited by Chris on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:27 am 

Hi Chris ,
I have noticed that satan is always trying to bolster any false beliefs or doctrines in order to keep people from the truth . Coca Cola jingles do it a lot and the interpretations of tv news readers and newspaper reporters do it too . We have to always be on the lookout for these false , imitation promotions of evil as this is why the world is becoming increasingly evil .
A friend of mine has put me on to this book " shocked by the Bible " by Joe Kovacs . He is a Christian reporter who shows the difference in what we are taught and what is actually written in the Bible and it does shock . A lot I already know but I am looking forward to getting this book and reading it . I'll see if I can paste some of the links on here later but my computer is so slow and messed up it might take a while .

Have a blessed day .
Les .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:28 pm 

here are some links to the above book . ( Shocked by the Bible by Joe Kovacs )

Here are some links to go to, for more info on Bible Myths...

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=87623

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77421

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=78469

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=57978

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:24 pm 

#######

Last edited by Chris on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:48 pm 

#######

Last edited by Chris on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:47 pm 

I'll have to search for thatone Chris or wait until I can get the book or maybe someone who has the book will tell us .
However we must never forget that Gods mercy is so great we cannot even begin to know how great .

Psalms 86:15  But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.
Psalms 118:4  Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalms 118:29  O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalms 119:64  ¶The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.
Psalms 86:5  For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
Psalms 57:10  For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.
Matthew 5:7  Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Luke 1:50  And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
Ephesians 2:4  ¶But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Just some of the scriptures that speak of God's mercy .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:15 am 

Chris wrote:
I knew the decoration of christmas trees came from outside christianity but I didn't know there was actually a verse commanding not to do it. What's the bible reference for that?

I believe the following may be the verse you are looking for.

Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

May God bless and keep you
Maranatha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:13 pm 

#######

Last edited by Chris on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:37 pm 

Perhaps, as the Scriptures suggest, when it was being done in those times it was in honor of another deity? Or perhaps to try to appease God by following such rites?
Maybe, by following those same rites, no matter the reason why we do it, our Father may not actually be pleased by it. He may see it as still paying 'lip-service' to a rite, or tradition, that is not of Him.
There is a sad history in the ways of men, of making traditions for men to follow

Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Just some thoughts, and not trying to pull anybody's beliefs down. Personally I do not celebrate Christmas as I see it as a man made thing and Unscriptural. I much prefer to live each day as if it were a Christmas Day, and not leave things till just one event of the year. But that is just my beliefs. Each must believe and live their lives as they see it fit so to do.:oops:

Maranatha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:40 pm 

anasazi avatar wrote:
Each must believe and live their lives as they see it fit so to do.

So true.

Post subject: busting b
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:58 pm 

Was it a whale that swallowed Jonah ???
NO . It was a fish that God had prepared .

Jonah 1:17  Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:49 pm 

#######

Last edited by Chris on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: busting
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:24 am 

Sorry Chris , I have a habit of just assuming people will know why I have written something .
The reason I posted about the fish that swallowed Jonah is because I have heard of teachers berating kids for saying a whale swallowed Jonah because a whale cannot swallow a person or anything large . Their throats are can only swallow plankton .
A fish that "God prepared " was obviously prepared to swallow Jonah .
Atheists also use the whale theory as an arguement against the bible when it is not a legitimate arguement at all .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:39 pm 

#######

Last edited by Chris on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.