SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:13 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:08 am 

Ephesians 3:14  ¶For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15  Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16  That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17  That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18  May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19  And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20  Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21  Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:08 am 

Proverbs 18:11  ¶The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.
12  ¶Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.
13  ¶He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
14  ¶The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?
15  ¶The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.
16  ¶A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.
17  ¶He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.
18  ¶The lot causeth contentions to cease, and parteth between the mighty.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:06 am 

Psalms 30:1  ¶<<A Psalm and Song at the dedication of the house of David.>> I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
2  O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
3  O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
4  Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
5  For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
6  ¶And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
7  LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
8  I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication.
9  What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?
10  Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper.
11  Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12  To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:04 am 

Matthew 12:22  ¶Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
23  And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
24  But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
25  And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26  And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27  And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
28  But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29  Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30  He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
31  Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32  And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:15 am 

Ephesians 4:1  ¶I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2  ¶With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3  Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5  One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6  One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
7  But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
8  Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9  (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10  He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:42 am 

Proverbs 18:19  ¶A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
20  ¶A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
21  ¶Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
22  ¶Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
23  ¶The poor useth intreaties; but the rich answereth roughly.
24  ¶A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Proverbs 19:1  ¶Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.
2  ¶Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.
3  ¶The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:10 am 

Psalms 31:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
2  Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
3  For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
4  Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.
5  Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
6  I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.
7  I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
8  And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:54 am 

Matthew 12:33  Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
34  O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35  A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36  But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37  For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
38  ¶Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
39  But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40  For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41  The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
42  The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:11 am 

Ephesians 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
17  ¶This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18  Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19  Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20  But ye have not so learned Christ;

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:03 am 

Proverbs 19:4  ¶Wealth maketh many friends; but the poor is separated from his neighbour.
5  ¶A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.
6  ¶Many will intreat the favour of the prince: and every man is a friend to him that giveth gifts.
7  All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.
8  ¶He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.
9  ¶A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.
10  ¶Delight is not seemly for a fool; much less for a servant to have rule over princes.
11  ¶The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.
12  ¶The king's wrath is as the roaring of a lion; but his favour is as dew upon the grass.
13  ¶A foolish son is the calamity of his father: and the contentions of a wife are a continual dropping.
14  ¶House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:05 am 

Psalms 31:9  ¶Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
10  For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.
11  I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.
12  I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.
13  For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.
14  But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.
15  My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
16  Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:00 am 

Matthew 12:43  When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44  Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45  Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
46  ¶While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
47  Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 am 

Ephesians 4:21  If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22  That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25  Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26  Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27  Neither give place to the devil.
28  Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30  And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31  Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:21 am 

Proverbs 19:15  ¶Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.
16  ¶He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die.
17  ¶He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
18  ¶Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.
19  ¶A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment: for if thou deliver him, yet thou must do it again.
20  ¶Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.
21  ¶There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.
22  ¶The desire of a man is his kindness: and a poor man is better than a liar.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:09 am 

Psalms 31:17  Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
18  Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
19  ¶Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
20  Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
21  Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
22  For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.
23  O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
24  Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next