SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:47 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1011 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:18 am 

Proverbs 17:1  ¶Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife.
2  ¶A wise servant shall have rule over a son that causeth shame, and shall have part of the inheritance among the brethren.
3  ¶The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts.
4  ¶A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; and a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue.
5  ¶Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished.
6  ¶Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.
7  ¶Excellent speech becometh not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.
8  ¶A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: whithersoever it turneth, it prospereth.
9  ¶He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:12 am 

Psalms 27:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2  When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3  Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4  One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
5  For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6  And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:14 am 

Matthew 11:11  Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12  And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
13  For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14  And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
15  He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
16  ¶But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
17  And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
18  For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
19  The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:10 am 

Ephesians 2:1  ¶And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4  ¶But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:16 am 

Proverbs 17:10  ¶A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.
11  ¶An evil man seeketh only rebellion: therefore a cruel messenger shall be sent against him.
12  ¶Let a bear robbed of her whelps meet a man, rather than a fool in his folly.
13  ¶Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.
14  ¶The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.
15  ¶He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
16  ¶Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?
17  ¶A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
18  ¶A man void of understanding striketh hands, and becometh surety in the presence of his friend.
19  ¶He loveth transgression that loveth strife: and he that exalteth his gate seeketh destruction.
20  ¶He that hath a froward heart findeth no good: and he that hath a perverse tongue falleth into mischief.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:10 am 

Psalms 27:7  ¶Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8  When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
9  Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10  When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
11  Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12  Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13  I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14  Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:19 am 

Matthew 11:25  ¶At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26  Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:19 am 

Ephesians 2:12  That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13  But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14  ¶For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15  Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16  And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17  And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18  For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20  And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21  In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22  In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:11 am 

Proverbs 17:21  ¶He that begetteth a fool doeth it to his sorrow: and the father of a fool hath no joy.
22  ¶A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
23  ¶A wicked man taketh a gift out of the bosom to pervert the ways of judgment.
24  ¶Wisdom is before him that hath understanding; but the eyes of a fool are in the ends of the earth.
25  ¶A foolish son is a grief to his father, and bitterness to her that bare him.
26  ¶Also to punish the just is not good, nor to strike princes for equity.
27  ¶He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit.
28  Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:11 am 

Psalms 28:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
2  Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
3  Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.
4  Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.
5  Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them, and not build them up.
6  ¶Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
7  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
8  The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.
9  Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:00 am 

Matthew 12:1  ¶At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
2  But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
3  But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
4  How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
5  Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
6  But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
7  But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
8  For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:08 am 

Ephesians 3:1  ¶For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2  If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3  How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4  Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6  That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7  Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8  Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9  And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10  To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11  According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12  In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:03 am 

Proverbs 18:1  ¶Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.
2  ¶A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
3  ¶When the wicked cometh, then cometh also contempt, and with ignominy reproach.
4  ¶The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.
5  ¶It is not good to accept the person of the wicked, to overthrow the righteous in judgment.
6  ¶A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
7  A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
8  ¶The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
9  ¶He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.
10  ¶The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:09 am 

Psalms 29:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
2  Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
3  The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many waters.
4  The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
5  The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
6  He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
7  The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire.
8  The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
9  The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.
10  The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever.
11  The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:16 am 

Matthew 12:9  And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:
10  And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
11  And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
12  How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
13  Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.
14  ¶Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
15  But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
16  And charged them that they should not make him known:
17  That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
18  Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19  He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20  A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
21  And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1011 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next