SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:51 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:09 am 

Psalms 22:23  Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.
24  For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.
25  My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
26  The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.
27  All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
28  For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.
29  All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.
30  A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
31  They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:01 am 

Matthew 9:27  ¶And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us.
28  And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.
29  Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.
30  And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.
31  But they, when they were departed, spread abroad his fame in all that country.
32  As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil.
33  And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:44 am 

Galatians 4:27  For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28  Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29  But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30  Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31  So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Galatians 5:1  ¶Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:07 am 

Proverbs 15:28  ¶The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
29  ¶The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
30  ¶The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat.
31  ¶The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise.
32  ¶He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.
33  ¶The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Proverbs 16:1  ¶The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:09 am 

Psalms 23:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:07 am 

Matthew 9:34  But the Pharisees said, He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils.
35  ¶And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
36  But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
37  Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38  Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Matthew 10:1  ¶And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:13 am 

Galatians 5:4  Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5  For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6  For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
7  Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

Galatians 5:14  For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
15  But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
16  This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18  But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:18 am 

Proverbs 16:2  ¶All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.
3  ¶Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
4  ¶The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
5  ¶Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
6  ¶By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.
7  ¶When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
8  ¶Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.
9  ¶A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:03 am 

Psalms 24:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
2  For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
3  ¶Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4  He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5  He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6  This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
7  ¶Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8  Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9  Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10  Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:18 am 

Matthew 10:16  ¶Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17  But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18  And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19  But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20  For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
21  And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23  But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
24  The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:11 am 

Galatians 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26  Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:13 am 

Proverbs 16:10  ¶A divine sentence is in the lips of the king: his mouth transgresseth not in judgment.
11  ¶A just weight and balance are the LORD'S: all the weights of the bag are his work.
12  ¶It is an abomination to kings to commit wickedness: for the throne is established by righteousness.
13  ¶Righteous lips are the delight of kings; and they love him that speaketh right.
14  ¶The wrath of a king is as messengers of death: but a wise man will pacify it.
15  In the light of the king's countenance is life; and his favour is as a cloud of the latter rain.
16  ¶How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
17  ¶The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:11 am 

Psalms 25:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
2  O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
3  Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
4  Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
5  Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
6  Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
7  Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.
8  ¶Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9  The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
10  All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:06 am 

Matthew 10:25  It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
26  Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
27  What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
29  Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
30  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31  Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
32  Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:16 am 

Galatians 6:1  ¶Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2  Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3  For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
4  But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5  For every man shall bear his own burden.
6  Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8  For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9  And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10  As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next