SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:21 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:37 am 

Proverbs 24:15  ¶Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place:
16  For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
17  ¶Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
18  Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.
19  ¶Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked;
20  For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.
21  ¶My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change:
22  For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?
23  ¶These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.
24  He that saith unto the wicked, Thou art righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:
25  But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:51 am 

Psalms 38:16  For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.
17  For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.
18  For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
19  But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
20  They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.
21  Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.
22  Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Psalms 39:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, even to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David.>> I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:40 am 

Matthew 17:9  And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
10  And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12  But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13  Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
14  ¶And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
15  Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
16  And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
17  Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
18  And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:47 am 

Hebrews 2:16  For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
17  Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
18  For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Hebrews 3:1  ¶Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
2  Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
3  For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
4  For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:48 am 

Proverbs 24:26  Every man shall kiss his lips that giveth a right answer.
27  ¶Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.
28  ¶Be not a witness against thy neighbour without cause; and deceive not with thy lips.
29  Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.
30  ¶I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding;
31  And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.
32  Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.
33  Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
34  So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:59 am 

Psalms 39:2  I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.
3  My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,
4  LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.
5  Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.
6  Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.
7  ¶And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.
8  Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish.
9  I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; because thou didst it.
10  Remove thy stroke away from me: I am consumed by the blow of thine hand.
11  When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.
12  Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.
13  O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:45 am 

Matthew 17:19  Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20  And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21  Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
22  ¶And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men:
23  And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.
24  ¶And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?
25  He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?
26  Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.
27  Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 am 

Hebrews 3:5  And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
6  But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
7  ¶Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
12  Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13  But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14  For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:08 am 

Proverbs 25:1  ¶These are also proverbs of Solomon, which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied out.
2  ¶It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.
3  The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable.
4  ¶Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer.
5  Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne shall be established in righteousness.
6  ¶Put not forth thyself in the presence of the king, and stand not in the place of great men:
7  For better it is that it be said unto thee, Come up hither; than that thou shouldest be put lower in the presence of the prince whom thine eyes have seen.
8  ¶Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.
9  Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himself; and discover not a secret to another:
10  Lest he that heareth it put thee to shame, and thine infamy turn not away.
11  ¶A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:47 am 

Psalms 40:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2  He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
4  Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5  Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
6  ¶Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
7  Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
8  I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
9  I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.
10  I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:44 am 

Matthew 18:1  ¶At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2  And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3  And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4  Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5  And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6  But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.------
======
10  Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
11  For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:29 am 

1 Thessalonians 5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6  ¶Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7  For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10  Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
11  ¶Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
12  And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13  And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
14  Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
15  See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:42 am 

Proverbs 25:12  As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.
13  ¶As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.
14  ¶Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.
15  ¶By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone.
16  ¶Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.
17  ¶Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbour's house; lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee.
18  ¶A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow.
19  ¶Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint.
20  ¶As he that taketh away a garment in cold weather, and as vinegar upon nitre, so is he that singeth songs to an heavy heart.
21  ¶If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
22  For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:49 am 

Psalms 40:11  ¶Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
12  For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
13  Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
14  Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.
15  Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.
16  Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.
17  But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:51 am 

Matthew 18:12  How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
13  And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
14  Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
15  ¶Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16  But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17  And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
18  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
19  Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
20  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next