SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:04 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1017 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:41 am 

Psalms 88:3  For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.
4  I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength:
5  Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.
6  Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps.
7  Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waves. Selah.
8  Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me; thou hast made me an abomination unto them: I am shut up, and I cannot come forth.
9  Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: LORD, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee.
10  ¶Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.
11  Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?
12  Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
13  But unto thee have I cried, O LORD; and in the morning shall my prayer prevent thee.
14  LORD, why castest thou off my soul? why hidest thou thy face from me?
15  I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up: while I suffer thy terrors I am distracted.
16  Thy fierce wrath goeth over me; thy terrors have cut me off.
17  They came round about me daily like water; they compassed me about together.
18  Lover and friend hast thou put far from me, and mine acquaintance into darkness.
Psalms 89:1  ¶<<Maschil of Ethan the Ezrahite.>> I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
2  For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:34 am 

Mark 1:27  And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.
28  And immediately his fame spread abroad throughout all the region round about Galilee.
29  ¶And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.
30  But Simon's wife's mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him of her.
31  And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and immediately the fever left her, and she ministered unto them.
32  And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.
33  And all the city was gathered together at the door.
34  And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.
35  And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
36  And Simon and they that were with him followed after him.
37  And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee.
38  And he said unto them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth.
39  And he preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:34 am 

1 Timothy 6:11  But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
13  ¶I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
14  That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15  Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16  Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
17  Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
18  That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
19  Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
20  O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21  Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:33 am 

Les, you posted that post on Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:04 am

At that same moment here it’s 12:31PM Nov. 27, 2015

You will always be one step ahead of me, such is life (:-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:29 am 

Quote:
passingby wrote:
You will always be one step ahead of me, such is life

Such is life PB .
Maybe you could come and live in our beautiful country .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:32 am 

Esther 4:3  And in every province, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, there was great mourning among the Jews, and fasting, and weeping, and wailing; and many lay in sackcloth and ashes.
4  So Esther's maids and her chamberlains came and told it her. Then was the queen exceedingly grieved; and she sent raiment to clothe Mordecai, and to take away his sackcloth from him: but he received it not.
5  ¶Then called Esther for Hatach, one of the king's chamberlains, whom he had appointed to attend upon her, and gave him a commandment to Mordecai, to know what it was, and why it was.
6  So Hatach went forth to Mordecai unto the street of the city, which was before the king's gate.
7  And Mordecai told him of all that had happened unto him, and of the sum of the money that Haman had promised to pay to the king's treasuries for the Jews, to destroy them.
8  Also he gave him the copy of the writing of the decree that was given at Shushan to destroy them, to shew it unto Esther, and to declare it unto her, and to charge her that she should go in unto the king, to make supplication unto him, and to make request before him for her people.
9  And Hatach came and told Esther the words of Mordecai.
10  Again Esther spake unto Hatach, and gave him commandment unto Mordecai;
11  All the king's servants, and the people of the king's provinces, do know, that whosoever, whether man or woman, shall come unto the king into the inner court, who is not called, there is one law of his to put him to death, except such to whom the king shall hold out the golden sceptre, that he may live: but I have not been called to come in unto the king these thirty days.
12  And they told to Mordecai Esther's words.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:28 am 

Psalms 89:3  I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
4  Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.
5  ¶And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.
6  For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?
7  God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.
8  O LORD God of hosts, who is a strong LORD like unto thee? or to thy faithfulness round about thee?
9  Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.
10  Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain; thou hast scattered thine enemies with thy strong arm.
11  The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.
12  The north and the south thou hast created them: Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy name.
13  Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.
14  Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.
15  ¶Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.
16  In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
17  For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted.
18  For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:36 am 

Mark 1:40  ¶And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
41  And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.
42  And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.
43  And he straitly charged him, and forthwith sent him away;
44  And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
45  But he went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:25 am 

2 Timothy 1:6  ¶Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
8  Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
9  Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
10  But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
11  Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12  For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
13  Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:30 am 

Esther 4:13  Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king's house, more than all the Jews.
14  For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
15  Then Esther bade them return Mordecai this answer,
16  Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
17  So Mordecai went his way, and did according to all that Esther had commanded him.

Esther 5:1  ¶Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king's house, over against the king's house: and the king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, over against the gate of the house.
2  And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand. So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the sceptre.
3  Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom.
4  And Esther answered, If it seem good unto the king, let the king and Haman come this day unto the banquet that I have prepared for him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:22 am 

Psalms 89:19  ¶Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.
20  I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
21  With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
22  The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23  And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
24  But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25  I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
26  He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
27  Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
28  My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
29  His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
30  If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
31  If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
32  Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
33  Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
34  My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
35  Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36  His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:22 am 

Mark 2:1  ¶And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house.
2  And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.
3  And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.
4  And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.
5  When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
6  But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
7  Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
8  And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
9  Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
10  But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
11  I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.
12  And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:32 am 

2 Timothy 2:1  ¶Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2  And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
3  Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
5  And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
6  The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
7  Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
8  ¶Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
9  Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.
10  Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
11  It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12  If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
13  If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:42 am 

Esther 5:5  Then the king said, Cause Haman to make haste, that he may do as Esther hath said. So the king and Haman came to the banquet that Esther had prepared.
6  And the king said unto Esther at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? even to the half of the kingdom it shall be performed.
7  Then answered Esther, and said, My petition and my request is;
8  If I have found favour in the sight of the king, and if it please the king to grant my petition, and to perform my request, let the king and Haman come to the banquet that I shall prepare for them, and I will do to morrow as the king hath said.
9  ¶Then went Haman forth that day joyful and with a glad heart: but when Haman saw Mordecai in the king's gate, that he stood not up, nor moved for him, he was full of indignation against Mordecai.
10  Nevertheless Haman refrained himself: and when he came home, he sent and called for his friends, and Zeresh his wife.
11  And Haman told them of the glory of his riches, and the multitude of his children, and all the things wherein the king had promoted him, and how he had advanced him above the princes and servants of the king.
12  Haman said moreover, Yea, Esther the queen did let no man come in with the king unto the banquet that she had prepared but myself; and to morrow am I invited unto her also with the king.
13  Yet all this availeth me nothing, so long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the king's gate.
14  Then said Zeresh his wife and all his friends unto him, Let a gallows be made of fifty cubits high, and to morrow speak thou unto the king that Mordecai may be hanged thereon: then go thou in merrily with the king unto the banquet. And the thing pleased Haman; and he caused the gallows to be made.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:26 am 

Psalms 89:37  It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.
38  ¶But thou hast cast off and abhorred, thou hast been wroth with thine anointed.
39  Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.
40  Thou hast broken down all his hedges; thou hast brought his strong holds to ruin.
41  All that pass by the way spoil him: he is a reproach to his neighbours.
42  Thou hast set up the right hand of his adversaries; thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice.
43  Thou hast also turned the edge of his sword, and hast not made him to stand in the battle.
44  Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.
45  The days of his youth hast thou shortened: thou hast covered him with shame. Selah.
46  How long, LORD? wilt thou hide thyself for ever? shall thy wrath burn like fire?
47  Remember how short my time is: wherefore hast thou made all men in vain?
48  What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave? Selah.
49  Lord, where are thy former lovingkindnesses, which thou swarest unto David in thy truth?
50  Remember, Lord, the reproach of thy servants; how I do bear in my bosom the reproach of all the mighty people;
51  Wherewith thine enemies have reproached, O LORD; wherewith they have reproached the footsteps of thine anointed.
52  Blessed be the LORD for evermore. Amen, and Amen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1017 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next