SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:38 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1029 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:04 am 

Psalms 104:1  ¶Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
2  Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
3  Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
4  Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
5  Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
6  Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
7  At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.
8  They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
9  Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.
10  ¶He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills.
11  They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.
12  By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches.
13  He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
14  He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
15  And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:16 am 

Proverbs 3:11  My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:
12  For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
13  ¶Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
14  For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
15  She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
16  Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
17  Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
18  She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
19  The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
20  By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.
21  ¶My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:
22  So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.
23  Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
24  When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
25  Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.
26  For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:02 am 

Mark 7:1  ¶Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.
2  And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.
3  For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.
4  And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
5  Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?
6  He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7  Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8  For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9  And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10  For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11  But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12  And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13  Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:05 am 

Hebrews 6:16  For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
17  Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
18  That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
19  Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
20  Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:06 am 

Psalms 104:16  The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;
17  Where the birds make their nests: as for the stork, the fir trees are her house.
18  The high hills are a refuge for the wild goats; and the rocks for the conies.
19  ¶He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.
20  Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.
21  The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.
22  The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.
23  Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.
24  O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.
25  So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
26  There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.
27  These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.
28  That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.
29  Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
30  Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:05 am 

Proverbs 3:27  ¶Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.
28  Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.
29  Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.
30  Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm.
31  Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.
32  For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.
33  The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
34  Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.
35  The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:04 am 

Mark 7:14  And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:
15  There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
16  If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
17  And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.
18  And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
19  Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
20  And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
21  For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22  Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23  All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:02 am 

Hebrews 7:1  ¶For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2  To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3  Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
4  Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
5  And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
6  But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7  And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
8  And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
9  And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
10  For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
11  ¶If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12  For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
13  For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:51 am 

Psalms 104:31  ¶The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works.
32  He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke.
33  I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
34  My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.
35  Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:22 am 

Proverbs 4:1  ¶Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
2  For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
3  For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
4  He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
5  Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6  Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
7  Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
8  Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
9  She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
10  Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.
11  I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.
12  When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.
13  Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.
14  ¶Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.
15  Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
16  For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.
17  For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.
18  But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:11 am 

Mark 7:24  ¶And from thence he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon, and entered into an house, and would have no man know it: but he could not be hid.
25  For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:
26  The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.
27  But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.
28  And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.
29  And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.
30  And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.
31  ¶And again, departing from the coasts of Tyre and Sidon, he came unto the sea of Galilee, through the midst of the coasts of Decapolis.
32  And they bring unto him one that was deaf, and had an impediment in his speech; and they beseech him to put his hand upon him.
33  And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue;
34  And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened.
35  And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain.
36  And he charged them that they should tell no man: but the more he charged them, so much the more a great deal they published it;

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:09 am 

Hebrews 7:14  For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
15  And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16  Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17  For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
18  For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19  For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
20  And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
21  (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)
22  By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
23  And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
24  But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25  Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
26  For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27  Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:31 am 

Psalms 105:1  ¶O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.
2  Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
3  Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
4  Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
5  Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;
6  O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.
7  He is the LORD our God: his judgments are in all the earth.
8  ¶He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.
9  Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac;
10  And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:
11  Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance:
12  When they were but a few men in number; yea, very few, and strangers in it.
13  When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people;
14  He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes;
15  Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:04 am 

Proverbs 4:19  The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
20  ¶My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21  Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22  For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
23  Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
24  Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
25  Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.
26  Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.
27  Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:06 am 

Mark 8:1  ¶In those days the multitude being very great, and having nothing to eat, Jesus called his disciples unto him, and saith unto them,
2  I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now been with me three days, and have nothing to eat:
3  And if I send them away fasting to their own houses, they will faint by the way: for divers of them came from far.
4  And his disciples answered him, From whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness?
5  And he asked them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven.
6  And he commanded the people to sit down on the ground: and he took the seven loaves, and gave thanks, and brake, and gave to his disciples to set before them; and they did set them before the people.
7  And they had a few small fishes: and he blessed, and commanded to set them also before them.
8  So they did eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets.
9  And they that had eaten were about four thousand: and he sent them away.
10  ¶And straightway he entered into a ship with his disciples, and came into the parts of Dalmanutha.
11  And the Pharisees came forth, and began to question with him, seeking of him a sign from heaven, tempting him.
12  And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
13  And he left them, and entering into the ship again departed to the other side.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1029 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 69  Next