SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:12 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:54 am 

1 Kings 6:1  ¶And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the LORD.
2  And the house which king Solomon built for the LORD, the length thereof was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof twenty cubits, and the height thereof thirty cubits.
3  And the porch before the temple of the house, twenty cubits was the length thereof, according to the breadth of the house; and ten cubits was the breadth thereof before the house.
4  And for the house he made windows of narrow lights.
5  And against the wall of the house he built chambers round about, against the walls of the house round about, both of the temple and of the oracle: and he made chambers round about:
6  The nethermost chamber was five cubits broad, and the middle was six cubits broad, and the third was seven cubits broad: for without in the wall of the house he made narrowed rests round about, that the beams should not be fastened in the walls of the house.
7  And the house, when it was in building, was built of stone made ready before it was brought thither: so that there was neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building.
8  The door for the middle chamber was in the right side of the house: and they went up with winding stairs into the middle chamber, and out of the middle into the third.
9  So he built the house, and finished it; and covered the house with beams and boards of cedar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:07 am 

Psalms 73:1  ¶<<A Psalm of Asaph.>> Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.
2  But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.
3  For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4  For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
5  They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
6  Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
7  Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.
8  They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
9  They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
10  Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
11  And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
12  Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
13  Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
14  For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
15  ¶If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
16  When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
17  Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
18  Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
19  How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:28 pm 

.,.,.,.,.,,Speaking of Biblical verses.,.,.,. comments on the following would be helpful,.,.,.,.,.

(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Jer 14:8 KJV) O the hope of Israel, the saviour thereof in time of trouble, why shouldest thou be as a stranger in the land, and as a wayfaring man that turneth aside to tarry for a night?

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Jer 7:6 KJV) If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

(Jer 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Ezek 22:7 KJV) In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.

(Zec 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJV) Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

.,.,.,.,., to continue.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,>>>

Last edited by passingby on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:32 pm 

(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJV) And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:18 KJV) He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,But what God asked them to do they did not and instead we find this -----

(Mat 25:38 KJV) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.Then lo & behold this is what happened way back then.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

(Mat 25:43 KJV) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

(Ezek 22:29 KJV) The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully.

What happened way back then is done, you cannot change the past put you/we can change our own ways in the here and now. I ask YOU the reader of this post, do you see a similarity to the happenings’ of the past and now in 2015 AD-?

http://www.universalknowledge.net

p.s. you can just make comments about whatever, say what you will

Just asking (:-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:58 pm 

Les Keane wrote:
Psalms 73:1  ¶<<A Psalm of Asaph.>> Truly God is good to Israel.,.,.,,

A Psalm of Asaph
1. Asaph (Hebrew: אסף‎) is the name of three men from the Old Testament or Hebrew Bible. The articles related to the son of Berachiah and descendant of Kohath refer to the same person. Asaph, the father of Joah (2 Kings 18:18-37) Asaph, son of Berachiah the Gershonite (2 Chronicles 20:14)
Asaph (biblical figure) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Les, thanks for using the term "Asaph". I had never seen it before.

(:-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:07 pm 

Les Keane wrote:
Philippians 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
5  Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Amen (:-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:06 am 

Matthew 24:45  Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46  Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47  Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
48  But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49  And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50  The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51  And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:00 am 

Colossians 1:1  ¶Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,
2  To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3  ¶We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
4  Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,
5  For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
6  Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:
7  As ye also learned of Epaphras our dear fellowservant, who is for you a faithful minister of Christ;
8  Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.
9  ¶For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
10  That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
11  Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
12  ¶Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:04 am 

Quote:
passingby wrote:
.,.,.,.,.,,Speaking of Biblical verses.,.,.,. comments on the following would be helpful,.,.,.,.,.

All these are superceded by the law of Christ . They are there to teach us why we need Christ's law .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:56 am 

1 Kings 7:1  ¶But Solomon was building his own house thirteen years, and he finished all his house.
2  He built also the house of the forest of Lebanon; the length thereof was an hundred cubits, and the breadth thereof fifty cubits, and the height thereof thirty cubits, upon four rows of cedar pillars, with cedar beams upon the pillars.
3  And it was covered with cedar above upon the beams, that lay on forty five pillars, fifteen in a row.
4  And there were windows in three rows, and light was against light in three ranks.
5  And all the doors and posts were square, with the windows: and light was against light in three ranks.
6  And he made a porch of pillars; the length thereof was fifty cubits, and the breadth thereof thirty cubits: and the porch was before them: and the other pillars and the thick beam were before them.
7  Then he made a porch for the throne where he might judge, even the porch of judgment: and it was covered with cedar from one side of the floor to the other.
8  And his house where he dwelt had another court within the porch, which was of the like work. Solomon made also an house for Pharaoh's daughter, whom he had taken to wife, like unto this porch.
9  All these were of costly stones, according to the measures of hewed stones, sawed with saws, within and without, even from the foundation unto the coping, and so on the outside toward the great court.
10  And the foundation was of costly stones, even great stones, stones of ten cubits, and stones of eight cubits.
11  And above were costly stones, after the measures of hewed stones, and cedars.
12  And the great court round about was with three rows of hewed stones, and a row of cedar beams, both for the inner court of the house of the LORD, and for the porch of the house.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:53 am 

Psalms 73:20  As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.
21  ¶Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.
22  So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
23  Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
24  Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
25  Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
26  My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
27  For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.
28  But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:05 am 

Matthew 25:1  ¶Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2  And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3  They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4  But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5  While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6  And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7  Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8  And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9  But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10  And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11  Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12  But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13  Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:13 am 

Colossians 1:13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18  And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19  For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
20  And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
21  And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22  In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:52 am 

1 Kings 8:1  ¶Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto king Solomon in Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion.
2  And all the men of Israel assembled themselves unto king Solomon at the feast in the month Ethanim, which is the seventh month.
3  And all the elders of Israel came, and the priests took up the ark.
4  And they brought up the ark of the LORD, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and all the holy vessels that were in the tabernacle, even those did the priests and the Levites bring up.
5  And king Solomon, and all the congregation of Israel, that were assembled unto him, were with him before the ark, sacrificing sheep and oxen, that could not be told nor numbered for multitude.
6  And the priests brought in the ark of the covenant of the LORD unto his place, into the oracle of the house, to the most holy place, even under the wings of the cherubims.
7  For the cherubims spread forth their two wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubims covered the ark and the staves thereof above.
8  And they drew out the staves, that the ends of the staves were seen out in the holy place before the oracle, and they were not seen without: and there they are unto this day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:02 am 

Psalms 74:1  ¶<<Maschil of Asaph.>> O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?
2  Remember thy congregation, which thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.
3  Lift up thy feet unto the perpetual desolations; even all that the enemy hath done wickedly in the sanctuary.
4  Thine enemies roar in the midst of thy congregations; they set up their ensigns for signs.
5  A man was famous according as he had lifted up axes upon the thick trees.
6  But now they break down the carved work thereof at once with axes and hammers.
7  They have cast fire into thy sanctuary, they have defiled by casting down the dwelling place of thy name to the ground.
8  They said in their hearts, Let us destroy them together: they have burned up all the synagogues of God in the land.
9  We see not our signs: there is no more any prophet: neither is there among us any that knoweth how long.
10  O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?
11  Why withdrawest thou thy hand, even thy right hand? pluck it out of thy bosom.
12  ¶For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.
13  Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.
14  Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.
15  Thou didst cleave the fountain and the flood: thou driedst up mighty rivers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next