SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:43 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:36 am 

Les Keane wrote:
65  Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
66  What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.
67  Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,

Who be "they" I ask

(:-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:55 am 

Quote:
passingby wrote:
Who be "they" I ask

They be the ' scribes and Pharasees , ' the religious people of the time .

As for your elections , I don't take any interest really .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:57 am 

Ezra 5:8  Be it known unto the king, that we went into the province of Judea, to the house of the great God, which is builded with great stones, and timber is laid in the walls, and this work goeth fast on, and prospereth in their hands.
9  Then asked we those elders, and said unto them thus, Who commanded you to build this house, and to make up these walls?
10  We asked their names also, to certify thee, that we might write the names of the men that were the chief of them.
11  And thus they returned us answer, saying, We are the servants of the God of heaven and earth, and build the house that was builded these many years ago, which a great king of Israel builded and set up.
12  But after that our fathers had provoked the God of heaven unto wrath, he gave them into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, the Chaldean, who destroyed this house, and carried the people away into Babylon.
13  But in the first year of Cyrus the king of Babylon the same king Cyrus made a decree to build this house of God.
14  And the vessels also of gold and silver of the house of God, which Nebuchadnezzar took out of the temple that was in Jerusalem, and brought them into the temple of Babylon, those did Cyrus the king take out of the temple of Babylon, and they were delivered unto one, whose name was Sheshbazzar, whom he had made governor;
15  And said unto him, Take these vessels, go, carry them into the temple that is in Jerusalem, and let the house of God be builded in his place.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:53 am 

Psalms 78:55  He cast out the heathen also before them, and divided them an inheritance by line, and made the tribes of Israel to dwell in their tents.
56  Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, and kept not his testimonies:
57  But turned back, and dealt unfaithfully like their fathers: they were turned aside like a deceitful bow.
58  For they provoked him to anger with their high places, and moved him to jealousy with their graven images.
59  When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:
60  So that he forsook the tabernacle of Shiloh, the tent which he placed among men;
61  And delivered his strength into captivity, and his glory into the enemy's hand.
62  He gave his people over also unto the sword; and was wroth with his inheritance.
63  The fire consumed their young men; and their maidens were not given to marriage.
64  Their priests fell by the sword; and their widows made no lamentation.
65  Then the Lord awaked as one out of sleep, and like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine.
66  And he smote his enemies in the hinder parts: he put them to a perpetual reproach.
67  Moreover he refused the tabernacle of Joseph, and chose not the tribe of Ephraim:
68  But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved.
69  And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever.
70  He chose David also his servant, and took him from the sheepfolds:
71  From following the ewes great with young he brought him to feed Jacob his people, and Israel his inheritance.
72  So he fed them according to the integrity of his heart; and guided them by the skilfulness of his hands.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:01 am 

Matthew 26:69  ¶Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
70  But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
71  And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
72  And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
73  And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
74  Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
75  And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:54 am 

2 Thessalonians 1:2  Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3  We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;
4  So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
5  ¶Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
6  Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
7  And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8  In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9  Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10  When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:56 am 

Ezra 9:1  ¶Now when these things were done, the princes came to me, saying, The people of Israel, and the priests, and the Levites, have not separated themselves from the people of the lands, doing according to their abominations, even of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.
2  For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of those lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this trespass.
3  And when I heard this thing, I rent my garment and my mantle, and plucked off the hair of my head and of my beard, and sat down astonied.
4  Then were assembled unto me every one that trembled at the words of the God of Israel, because of the transgression of those that had been carried away; and I sat astonied until the evening sacrifice.
5  ¶And at the evening sacrifice I arose up from my heaviness; and having rent my garment and my mantle, I fell upon my knees, and spread out my hands unto the LORD my God,
6  And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens.
7  Since the days of our fathers have we been in a great trespass unto this day; and for our iniquities have we, our kings, and our priests, been delivered into the hand of the kings of the lands, to the sword, to captivity, and to a spoil, and to confusion of face, as it is this day.
8  And now for a little space grace hath been shewed from the LORD our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:34 am 

Psalms 79:1  ¶<<A Psalm of Asaph.>> O God, the heathen are come into thine inheritance; thy holy temple have they defiled; they have laid Jerusalem on heaps.
2  The dead bodies of thy servants have they given to be meat unto the fowls of the heaven, the flesh of thy saints unto the beasts of the earth.
3  Their blood have they shed like water round about Jerusalem; and there was none to bury them.
4  We are become a reproach to our neighbours, a scorn and derision to them that are round about us.
5  How long, LORD? wilt thou be angry for ever? shall thy jealousy burn like fire?
6  ¶Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name.
7  For they have devoured Jacob, and laid waste his dwelling place.
8  O remember not against us former iniquities: let thy tender mercies speedily prevent us: for we are brought very low.
9  Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake.
10  Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is their God? let him be known among the heathen in our sight by the revenging of the blood of thy servants which is shed.
11  Let the sighing of the prisoner come before thee; according to the greatness of thy power preserve thou those that are appointed to die;
12  And render unto our neighbours sevenfold into their bosom their reproach, wherewith they have reproached thee, O Lord.
13  So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:01 am 

Matthew 27:1  ¶When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death:
2  And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor.
3  Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
4  Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5  And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
6  And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
7  And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
8  Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.
9  Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;
10  And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:59 pm 

Les Keane wrote:
Matthew 24:6-7

Jesus then specifies that "nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom." Looking at this from today's perspective, we might think He is repeating Himself, but He actually makes a distinction between ethnic warfare ("nation" = éthnos)—wars between different peoples—and political warfare ("kingdom" = basileia)—wars between realms or nation-states. Oftentimes, the former are civil wars within a nation comprised of various ethnic groups, such as the former Yugoslavia. The latter, then, are what we call international conflicts like the recent Gulf Wars. Jesus' distinction tells us that war is the norm both within nations and between them.

Richard T. Ritenbaugh
Excerpted from:
The Four Horsemen (Part Three):

.,.,.,.,..,....,.,.,...,.....,.,.,..,..,.,..,.,.,,,....,,,..,.,,..,.,..,,,.,.,.,.,,.,.,.,.,..,......,I Hope all is well with you and yours (:-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:14 pm 

Jesus then specifies that "nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom."

The above is not the vision of a past

The actual term "word" was not established as a real "meaning" as spoken & understood was first published

BC perhaps (:-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:31 pm 

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,Did you know that if you.,.,
.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.Hold down the ,.,.,..,.,
[clrl] Key while

~~~ rolling your mouse

Up or Down

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:06 am 

2 Thessalonians 2:1  ¶Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3  ¶Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9  Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:58 am 

Nehemiah 2:11  So I came to Jerusalem, and was there three days.
12  And I arose in the night, I and some few men with me; neither told I any man what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem: neither was there any beast with me, save the beast that I rode upon.
13  And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire.
14  Then I went on to the gate of the fountain, and to the king's pool: but there was no place for the beast that was under me to pass.
15  Then went I up in the night by the brook, and viewed the wall, and turned back, and entered by the gate of the valley, and so returned.
16  And the rulers knew not whither I went, or what I did; neither had I as yet told it to the Jews, nor to the priests, nor to the nobles, nor to the rulers, nor to the rest that did the work.
17  Then said I unto them, Ye see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lieth waste, and the gates thereof are burned with fire: come, and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we be no more a reproach.
18  Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king's words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:33 am 

Psalms 80:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician upon Shoshannimeduth, A Psalm of Asaph.>> Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth.
2  Before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh stir up thy strength, and come and save us.
3  Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
4  O LORD God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people?
5  Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; and givest them tears to drink in great measure.
6  Thou makest us a strife unto our neighbours: and our enemies laugh among themselves.
7  Turn us again, O God of hosts, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
8  ¶Thou hast brought a vine out of Egypt: thou hast cast out the heathen, and planted it.
9  Thou preparedst room before it, and didst cause it to take deep root, and it filled the land.
10  The hills were covered with the shadow of it, and the boughs thereof were like the goodly cedars.
11  She sent out her boughs unto the sea, and her branches unto the river.
12  Why hast thou then broken down her hedges, so that all they which pass by the way do pluck her?
13  The boar out of the wood doth waste it, and the wild beast of the field doth devour it.
14  Return, we beseech thee, O God of hosts: look down from heaven, and behold, and visit this vine;
15  And the vineyard which thy right hand hath planted, and the branch that thou madest strong for thyself.
16  It is burned with fire, it is cut down: they perish at the rebuke of thy countenance.
17  Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself.
18  So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next