SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:34 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:17 am 

Luke 3:19  But Herod the tetrarch, being reproved by him for Herodias his brother Philip's wife, and for all the evils which Herod had done,
20  Added yet this above all, that he shut up John in prison.
21  ¶Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
22  And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
23  And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli, ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David, ................................................................................................................................................................
which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Luke 4:1  ¶And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
2  Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
3  And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
4  And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:04 am 

Proverbs 27:1  ¶Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
2  ¶Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
3  ¶A stone is heavy, and the sand weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.
4  Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?
5  ¶Open rebuke is better than secret love.
6  Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
7  ¶The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.
8  ¶As a bird that wandereth from her nest, so is a man that wandereth from his place.
9  ¶Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.
10  Thine own friend, and thy father's friend, forsake not; neither go into thy brother's house in the day of thy calamity: for better is a neighbour that is near than a brother far off.
11  ¶My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.
12  ¶A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.
13  ¶Take his garment that is surety for a stranger, and take a pledge of him for a strange woman.
14  ¶He that blesseth his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted a curse to him.
15  ¶A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.
16  Whosoever hideth her hideth the wind, and the ointment of his right hand, which bewrayeth itself.
17  ¶Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:07 am 

Luke 4:23  And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.
24  And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
25  But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
26  But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
27  And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
28  And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
29  And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
30  But he passing through the midst of them went his way,
31  ¶And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days.
32  And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.
33  And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice,
34  Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.
35  And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.
36  And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.
37  And the fame of him went out into every place of the country round about.
38  And he arose out of the synagogue, and entered into Simon's house. And Simon's wife's mother was taken with a great fever; and they besought him for her.
39  And he stood over her, and rebuked the fever; and it left her: and immediately she arose and ministered unto them.
40  Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them.
41  And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:08 am 

1 John 3:18  My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19  And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20  ¶For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21  Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22  And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23  ¶And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24  And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 4:1  ¶Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2  Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4  ¶Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5  They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6  We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:15 am 

Psalms 137:1  ¶By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
2  We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
3  For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
4  How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land?
5  If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
6  If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
7  ¶Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
8  O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
9  Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Psalms 138:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.
2  I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
3  In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.
4  All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD, when they hear the words of thy mouth.
5  Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD: for great is the glory of the LORD.
6  ¶Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.
7  Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.
8  The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:55 am 

Proverbs 27:18  ¶Whoso keepeth the fig tree shall eat the fruit thereof: so he that waiteth on his master shall be honoured.
19  ¶As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man.
20  ¶Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.
21  ¶As the fining pot for silver, and the furnace for gold; so is a man to his praise.
22  ¶Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him.
23  ¶Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds.
24  For riches are not for ever: and doth the crown endure to every generation?
25  The hay appeareth, and the tender grass sheweth itself, and herbs of the mountains are gathered.
26  The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.
27  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Proverbs 28:1  ¶The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
2  ¶For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof: but by a man of understanding and knowledge the state thereof shall be prolonged.
3  ¶A poor man that oppresseth the poor is like a sweeping rain which leaveth no food.
4  ¶They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
5  ¶Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:08 am 

Luke 4:42  And when it was day, he departed and went into a desert place: and the people sought him, and came unto him, and stayed him, that he should not depart from them.
43  And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.
44  And he preached in the synagogues of Galilee.

Luke 5:1  ¶And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,
2  And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.
3  And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.
4  Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
5  And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
6  And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
7  And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.
8  When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.
9  For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:
10  And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.
11  And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:48 am 

1 John 4:7  ¶Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9  In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11  Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12  No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13  Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14  ¶And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17  ¶Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19  We love him, because he first loved us.
20  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21  And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:58 am 

Psalms 139:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3  Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4  For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5  Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7  ¶Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9  If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10  Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11  If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12  Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13  For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14  I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15  My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16  Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:07 am 

Proverbs 28:6  ¶Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich.
7  ¶Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.
8  ¶He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor.
9  ¶He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
10  ¶Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession.
11  ¶The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.
12  ¶When righteous men do rejoice, there is great glory: but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden.
13  ¶He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
14  ¶Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.
15  ¶As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people.
16  ¶The prince that wanteth understanding is also a great oppressor: but he that hateth covetousness shall prolong his days.
17  ¶A man that doeth violence to the blood of any person shall flee to the pit; let no man stay him.
18  ¶Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.
19  ¶He that tilleth his land shall have plenty of bread: but he that followeth after vain persons shall have poverty enough.
20  ¶A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
21  ¶To have respect of persons is not good: for for a piece of bread that man will transgress.
22  ¶He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.
23  ¶He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:33 am 

Luke 5:12  ¶And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
13  And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: be thou clean. And immediately the leprosy departed from him.
14  And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
15  But so much the more went there a fame abroad of him: and great multitudes came together to hear, and to be healed by him of their infirmities.
16  And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.
17  ¶And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them.
18  And, behold, men brought in a bed a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in, and to lay him before him.
19  And when they could not find by what way they might bring him in because of the multitude, they went upon the housetop, and let him down through the tiling with his couch into the midst before Jesus.
20  And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.
21  And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?
22  But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts?
23  Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk?
24  But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.
25  And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.
26  And they were all amazed, and they glorified God, and were filled with fear, saying, We have seen strange things to day.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:58 am 

1 John 5:1  ¶Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
6  ¶This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8  And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
9  If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10  ¶He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:55 am 

Psalms 139:17  ¶How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18  If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
19  Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20  For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
21  Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22  I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23  Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalms 140:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;
2  Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.
3  They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.
4  Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings.
5  The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah.
6  I said unto the LORD, Thou art my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD.
7  O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
8  ¶Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.
9  As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
10  Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
11  Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him.
12  I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.
13  Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:00 am 

Proverbs 28:24  ¶Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression; the same is the companion of a destroyer.
25  ¶He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.
26  ¶He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
27  ¶He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.
28  ¶When the wicked rise, men hide themselves: but when they perish, the righteous increase.

Proverbs 29:1  ¶He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
2  ¶When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
3  ¶Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father: but he that keepeth company with harlots spendeth his substance.
4  ¶The king by judgment establisheth the land: but he that receiveth gifts overthroweth it.
5  ¶A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his feet.
6  ¶In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare: but the righteous doth sing and rejoice.
7  ¶The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:00 am 

Luke 5:27  ¶And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me.
28  And he left all, rose up, and followed him.
29  And Levi made him a great feast in his own house: and there was a great company of publicans and of others that sat down with them.
30  But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against his disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners?
31  And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
32  I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
33  And they said unto him, Why do the disciples of John fast often, and make prayers, and likewise the disciples of the Pharisees; but thine eat and drink?
34  And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them?
35  But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.
36  And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
37  And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
38  But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
39  No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next