SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:41 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1043 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:32 am 

Mark 15:33  ¶And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.
34  And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
35  And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias.
36  And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.
37  And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
38  And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
39  And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.
40  There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;
41  (Who also, when he was in Galilee, followed him, and ministered unto him;) and many other women which came up with him unto Jerusalem.
42  ¶And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,
43  Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.
44  And Pilate marvelled if he were already dead: and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead.
45  And when he knew it of the centurion, he gave the body to Joseph.
46  And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.
47  And Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses beheld where he was laid.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:15 am 

1 Peter 3:1  ¶Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
2  While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3  Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5  For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
6  Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
7  Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
8  ¶Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
9  Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
10  For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
11  Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
12  For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
13  And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:25 am 

Psalms 119:145  ¶KOPH. I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep thy statutes.
146  I cried unto thee; save me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
147  ¶I prevented the dawning of the morning, and cried: I hoped in thy word.
148  Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.
149  ¶Hear my voice according unto thy lovingkindness: O LORD, quicken me according to thy judgment.
150  ¶They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from thy law.
151  Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.
152  ¶Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever.
153  ¶RESH. Consider mine affliction, and deliver me: for I do not forget thy law.
154  Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word.
155  ¶Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not thy statutes.
156  ¶Great are thy tender mercies, O LORD: quicken me according to thy judgments.
157  ¶Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies.
158  ¶I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.
159  ¶Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according to thy lovingkindness.
160  ¶Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:25 am 

Proverbs 20:20  ¶Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness.
21  ¶An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning; but the end thereof shall not be blessed.
22  ¶Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.
23  ¶Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.
24  ¶Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?
25  ¶It is a snare to the man who devoureth that which is holy, and after vows to make enquiry.
26  ¶A wise king scattereth the wicked, and bringeth the wheel over them.
27  ¶The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
28  ¶Mercy and truth preserve the king: and his throne is upholden by mercy.
29  ¶The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the gray head.
30  ¶The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Proverbs 21:1  ¶The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
2  ¶Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
3  ¶To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
4  ¶An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.
5  ¶The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.
6  ¶The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.
7  ¶The robbery of the wicked shall destroy them; because they refuse to do judgment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:28 am 

Mark 16:1  ¶And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.
2  And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
3  And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?
4  And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great.
5  And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
6  And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.
7  But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you.
8  And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any man; for they were afraid.
9  ¶Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
10  And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
11  And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.
12  After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.
13  And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.
14  ¶Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
15  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19  ¶So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20  And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:10 am 

1 Peter 3:14  But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16  ¶Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
17  For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
18  ¶For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19  By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20  Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21  ¶The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
22  Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

1 Peter 4:1  ¶Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2  That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:13 am 

Psalms 119:161  ¶SCHIN. Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.
162  ¶I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil.
163  ¶I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.
164  ¶Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.
165  ¶Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
166  ¶LORD, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy commandments.
167  ¶My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly.
168  I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.
169  ¶TAU. Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.
170  Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.
171  ¶My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
172  ¶My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.
173  ¶Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.
174  I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.
175  ¶Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.
176  ¶I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:25 am 

Proverbs 21:8  ¶The way of man is froward and strange: but as for the pure, his work is right.
9  ¶It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.
10  ¶The soul of the wicked desireth evil: his neighbour findeth no favour in his eyes.
11  ¶When the scorner is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed, he receiveth knowledge.
12  ¶The righteous man wisely considereth the house of the wicked: but God overthroweth the wicked for their wickedness.
13  ¶Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.
14  ¶A gift in secret pacifieth anger: and a reward in the bosom strong wrath.
15  ¶It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
16  ¶The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.
17  ¶He that loveth pleasure shall be a poor man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich.
18  ¶The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.
19  ¶It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.
20  ¶There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.
21  ¶He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.
22  ¶A wise man scaleth the city of the mighty, and casteth down the strength of the confidence thereof.
23  ¶Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:17 am 

Luke 1:1  ¶Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
2  Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
3  It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
4  That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.
5  ¶There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6  And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
7  And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years.
8  And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course,
9  According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
10  And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense.
11  And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
12  And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
13  But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
14  And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
15  For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
16  And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
17  And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:29 am 

1 Peter 4:3  For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
4  ¶Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
5  Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
6  For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
7  ¶But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
8  And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
9  Use hospitality one to another without grudging.
10  As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
11  If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
12  ¶Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14  If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
15  But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
16  Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
18  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
19  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:12 am 

Psalms 120:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees.>> In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.
2  Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue.
3  What shall be given unto thee? or what shall be done unto thee, thou false tongue?
4  Sharp arrows of the mighty, with coals of juniper.
5  ¶Woe is me, that I sojourn in Mesech, that I dwell in the tents of Kedar!
6  My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace.
7  I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.

Psalms 121:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees.>> I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2  My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3  He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4  Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5  The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6  The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7  The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8  The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:17 am 

Proverbs 21:24  ¶Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.
25  ¶The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour.
26  He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not.
27  ¶The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more, when he bringeth it with a wicked mind?
28  ¶A false witness shall perish: but the man that heareth speaketh constantly.
29  ¶A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way.
30  ¶There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.
31  The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.

Proverbs 22:1  ¶A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
2  ¶The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
3  ¶A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
4  ¶By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
5  ¶Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.
6  ¶Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
7  ¶The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
8  ¶He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.
9  ¶He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:16 am 

Luke 1:18  And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.
19  And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.
20  And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.
21  And the people waited for Zacharias, and marvelled that he tarried so long in the temple.
22  And when he came out, he could not speak unto them: and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple: for he beckoned unto them, and remained speechless.
23  And it came to pass, that, as soon as the days of his ministration were accomplished, he departed to his own house.
24  And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,
25  Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.
26  ¶And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27  To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28  And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29  And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30  And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31  And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32  He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33  And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34  Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35  And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36  And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37  For with God nothing shall be impossible.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:15 am 

1 Peter 5:1  ¶The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2  Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3  Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
4  And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
5  ¶Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
8  ¶Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10  ¶But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
11  To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:30 am 

Psalms 122:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees of David.>> I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
2  Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem.
3  Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together:
4  Whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks unto the name of the LORD.
5  For there are set thrones of judgment, the thrones of the house of David.
6  ¶Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
7  Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.
8  For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.
9  Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good.

Psalms 123:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees.>> Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.
2  Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
3  Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt.
4  Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1043 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next