SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:08 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1043 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:15 am 

1 Peter 5:1  ¶The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2  Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3  Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
4  And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
5  ¶Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
8  ¶Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10  ¶But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
11  To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:30 am 

Psalms 122:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees of David.>> I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
2  Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem.
3  Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together:
4  Whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks unto the name of the LORD.
5  For there are set thrones of judgment, the thrones of the house of David.
6  ¶Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
7  Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.
8  For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.
9  Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good.

Psalms 123:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees.>> Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.
2  Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
3  Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt.
4  Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:23 am 

Proverbs 22:10  ¶Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.
11  ¶He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend.
12  ¶The eyes of the LORD preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor.
13  ¶The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.
14  ¶The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.
15  ¶Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
16  ¶He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.
17  ¶Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
18  For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips.
19  That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.
20  Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
21  That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?
22  ¶Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate:
23  For the LORD will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them.
24  ¶Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:
25  Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.
26  ¶Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts.
27  If thou hast nothing to pay, why should he take away thy bed from under thee?
28  ¶Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.
29  ¶Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:08 am 

Luke 1:38  And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
39  ¶And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
40  And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
41  And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42  And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43  And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44  For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45  And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
46  And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47  And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
48  For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
49  For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
50  And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
51  He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52  He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
53  He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
54  He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
55  As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.
56  And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:15 am 

2 Peter 1:1  ¶Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2  Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5  ¶And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9  But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11  For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
12  ¶Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.
13  Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;
14  Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
15  Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
16  ¶For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17  For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18  And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:11 am 

Psalms 124:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees of David.>> If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say;
2  If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us:
3  Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us:
4  Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:
5  Then the proud waters had gone over our soul.
6  ¶Blessed be the LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth.
7  Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.
8  Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

Psalms 125:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees.>> They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.
2  As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.
3  For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity.
4  ¶Do good, O LORD, unto those that be good, and to them that are upright in their hearts.
5  As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways, the LORD shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity: but peace shall be upon Israel.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:05 am 

Proverbs 23:1  ¶When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee:
2  And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.
3  Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.
4  ¶Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.
5  Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.
6  ¶Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:
7  For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
8  The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words.
9  ¶Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
10  ¶Remove not the old landmark; and enter not into the fields of the fatherless:
11  For their redeemer is mighty; he shall plead their cause with thee.
12  ¶Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
13  Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
14  Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine.
16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things.
17  ¶Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.
18  For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:12 am 

Luke 1:57  ¶Now Elisabeth's full time came that she should be delivered; and she brought forth a son.
58  And her neighbours and her cousins heard how the Lord had shewed great mercy upon her; and they rejoiced with her.
59  And it came to pass, that on the eighth day they came to circumcise the child; and they called him Zacharias, after the name of his father.
60  And his mother answered and said, Not so; but he shall be called John.
61  And they said unto her, There is none of thy kindred that is called by this name.
62  And they made signs to his father, how he would have him called.
63  And he asked for a writing table, and wrote, saying, His name is John. And they marvelled all.
64  And his mouth was opened immediately, and his tongue loosed, and he spake, and praised God.
65  And fear came on all that dwelt round about them: and all these sayings were noised abroad throughout all the hill country of Judaea.
66  And all they that heard them laid them up in their hearts, saying, What manner of child shall this be! And the hand of the Lord was with him.
67  ¶And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
68  Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
69  And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
70  As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
71  That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
72  To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
73  The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
74  That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
75  In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
76  And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
77  To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
78  Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
79  To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
80  And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:19 am 

2 Peter 1:19  ¶We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21  For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2 Peter 2:1  ¶But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2  And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3  ¶And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
4  For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5  And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6  And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7  ¶And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8  (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9  The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10  ¶But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:28 am 

Psalms 126:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees.>> When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
2  Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.
3  The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.
4  ¶Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south.
5  They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
6  He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Psalms 127:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees for Solomon.>> Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
2  It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
3  Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4  As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5  Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Psalms 128:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees.>> Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
2  For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
3  Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.
4  Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.
5  The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.
6  Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:36 am 

Proverbs 23:19  ¶Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way.
20  Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh:
21  For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.
22  Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.
23  Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
24  The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
25  Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.
26  My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.
27  For a whore is a deep ditch; and a strange woman is a narrow pit.
28  She also lieth in wait as for a prey, and increaseth the transgressors among men.
29  ¶Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?
30  They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.
31  Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
32  At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
33  Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
34  Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
35  They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:21 am 

Luke 2:1  ¶And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2  (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3  And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
4  And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5  To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6  And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7  And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8  ¶And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9  And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10  And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12  And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13  And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14  Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15  And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16  And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17  And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
18  And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19  But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
20  And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
21  ¶And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:14 am 

2 Peter 2:11  Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12  But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13  And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14  Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15  Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16  But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17  These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18  For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19  While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20  For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21  For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22  But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:21 am 

Psalms 129:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees.>> Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth, may Israel now say:
2  Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth: yet they have not prevailed against me.
3  The plowers plowed upon my back: they made long their furrows.
4  The LORD is righteous: he hath cut asunder the cords of the wicked.
5  ¶Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Zion.
6  Let them be as the grass upon the housetops, which withereth afore it groweth up:
7  Wherewith the mower filleth not his hand; nor he that bindeth sheaves his bosom.
8  Neither do they which go by say, The blessing of the LORD be upon you: we bless you in the name of the LORD.

Psalms 130:1  ¶<<A Song of degrees.>> Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.
2  Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
3  If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
4  But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
5  ¶I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
6  My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
7  Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
8  And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:14 am 

Proverbs 24:1  ¶Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them.
2  For their heart studieth destruction, and their lips talk of mischief.
3  ¶Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:
4  And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
5  A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.
6  For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.
7  ¶Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.
8  He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a mischievous person.
9  The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.
10  ¶If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.
11  ¶If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain;
12  If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?
13  ¶My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste:
14  So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1043 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next