SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 6:52 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:13 am 

Psalms 119:32  I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.
33  ¶HE. Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
34  Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
35  ¶Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
36  Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.
37  ¶Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.
38  ¶Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.
39  ¶Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good.
40  ¶Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.
41  ¶VAU. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word.
42  So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.
43  ¶And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.
44  So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever.
45  ¶And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.
46  I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.
47  And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.
48  My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:58 am 

Mark 14:1  ¶After two days was the feast of the passover, and of unleavened bread: and the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take him by craft, and put him to death.
2  But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar of the people.
3  And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.
4  And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?
5  For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.
6  And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.
7  For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.
8  She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.
9  Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.
10  And Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went unto the chief priests, to betray him unto them.
11  And when they heard it, they were glad, and promised to give him money. And he sought how he might conveniently betray him.
12  ¶And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
13  And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.
14  And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
15  And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.
16  And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:53 am 

James 4:11  ¶Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
12  There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
13  Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
14  Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
15  For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
16  But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
17  Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:59 am 

Psalms 119:49  ¶ZAIN. Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.
50  ¶This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
51  ¶The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law.
52  ¶I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself.
53  ¶Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law.
54  ¶Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.
55  ¶I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept thy law.
56  This I had, because I kept thy precepts.
57  ¶CHETH. Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words.
58  ¶I intreated thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to thy word.
59  ¶I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.
60  I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments.
61  ¶The bands of the wicked have robbed me: but I have not forgotten thy law.
62  ¶At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.
63  ¶I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.
64  ¶The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:01 am 

Proverbs 16:17  ¶The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.
18  ¶Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
19  ¶Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.
20  ¶He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.
21  ¶The wise in heart shall be called prudent: and the sweetness of the lips increaseth learning.
22  ¶Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it: but the instruction of fools is folly.
23  ¶The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips.
24  ¶Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
25  ¶There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
26  ¶He that laboureth laboureth for himself; for his mouth craveth it of him.
27  ¶An ungodly man diggeth up evil: and in his lips there is as a burning fire.
28  A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.
29  ¶A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good.
30  He shutteth his eyes to devise froward things: moving his lips he bringeth evil to pass.
31  ¶The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.
32  ¶He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.
33  ¶The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:03 am 

Mark 14:17  And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.
18  And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.
19  And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I?
20  And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.
21  The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.
22  And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
23  And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
24  And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
25  Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
26  And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.
27  And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.
28  But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee.
29  But Peter said unto him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I.
30  And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.
31  But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:54 am 

James 5:1  ¶Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
2  Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
3  Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
4  Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
5  Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
6  Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
7  Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8  Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
9  Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
10  Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
11  Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
12  ¶But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:10 pm 

Psalms 65:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm and Song of David.>> Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.
2  O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.
3  Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.
4  Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.
5  By terrible things in righteousness wilt thou answer us, O God of our salvation; who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off upon the sea:
6  ¶Which by his strength setteth fast the mountains; being girded with power:
7  Which stilleth the noise of the seas, the noise of their waves, and the tumult of the people.
8  They also that dwell in the uttermost parts are afraid at thy tokens: thou makest the outgoings of the morning and evening to rejoice.
9  Thou visitest the earth, and waterest it: thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: thou preparest them corn, when thou hast so provided for it.
10  Thou waterest the ridges thereof abundantly: thou settlest the furrows thereof: thou makest it soft with showers: thou blessest the springing thereof.
11  Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.
12  They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness: and the little hills rejoice on every side.
13  The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing.

Psalms 66:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Song or Psalm.>> Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands:
2  Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious.
3  Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.
4  All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.
5  Come and see the works of God: he is terrible in his doing toward the children of men.
6  He turned the sea into dry land: they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice in him.
7  He ruleth by his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:50 am 

Proverbs 17:1  ¶Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife.
2  ¶A wise servant shall have rule over a son that causeth shame, and shall have part of the inheritance among the brethren.
3  ¶The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts.
4  ¶A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; and a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue.
5  ¶Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished.
6  ¶Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.
7  ¶Excellent speech becometh not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.
8  ¶A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: whithersoever it turneth, it prospereth.
9  ¶He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
10  ¶A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.
11  ¶An evil man seeketh only rebellion: therefore a cruel messenger shall be sent against him.
12  ¶Let a bear robbed of her whelps meet a man, rather than a fool in his folly.
13  ¶Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.
14  ¶The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.
15  ¶He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
16  ¶Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?
17  ¶A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:48 am 

Mark 14:32  ¶And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane: and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here, while I shall pray.
33  And he taketh with him Peter and James and John, and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy;
34  And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.
35  And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.
36  And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
37  And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?
38  Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
39  And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.
40  And when he returned, he found them asleep again, (for their eyes were heavy,) neither wist they what to answer him.
41  And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
42  Rise up, let us go; lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand.
43  ¶And immediately, while he yet spake, cometh Judas, one of the twelve, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders.
44  And he that betrayed him had given them a token, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he; take him, and lead him away safely.
45  And as soon as he was come, he goeth straightway to him, and saith, Master, master; and kissed him.
46  And they laid their hands on him, and took him.
47  And one of them that stood by drew a sword, and smote a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
48  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me?
49  I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.
50  And they all forsook him, and fled.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 am 

James 5:13  Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
17  Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
18  And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
19  Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20  Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:25 am 

Psalms 119:65  ¶TETH. Thou hast dealt well with thy servant, O LORD, according unto thy word.
66  Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.
67  ¶Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.
68  ¶Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.
69  ¶The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.
70  Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law.
71  ¶It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.
72  ¶The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
73  ¶JOD. Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
74  ¶They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word.
75  ¶I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.
76  ¶Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.
77  Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.
78  ¶Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts.
79  Let those that fear thee turn unto me, and those that have known thy testimonies.
80  ¶Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:30 am 

Proverbs 17:18  ¶A man void of understanding striketh hands, and becometh surety in the presence of his friend.
19  ¶He loveth transgression that loveth strife: and he that exalteth his gate seeketh destruction.
20  ¶He that hath a froward heart findeth no good: and he that hath a perverse tongue falleth into mischief.
21  ¶He that begetteth a fool doeth it to his sorrow: and the father of a fool hath no joy.
22  ¶A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
23  ¶A wicked man taketh a gift out of the bosom to pervert the ways of judgment.
24  ¶Wisdom is before him that hath understanding; but the eyes of a fool are in the ends of the earth.
25  ¶A foolish son is a grief to his father, and bitterness to her that bare him.
26  ¶Also to punish the just is not good, nor to strike princes for equity.
27  ¶He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit.
28  Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:24 am 

Mark 14:50  And they all forsook him, and fled.
51  And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him:
52  And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.
53  ¶And they led Jesus away to the high priest: and with him were assembled all the chief priests and the elders and the scribes.
54  And Peter followed him afar off, even into the palace of the high priest: and he sat with the servants, and warmed himself at the fire.
55  And the chief priests and all the council sought for witness against Jesus to put him to death; and found none.
56  For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together.
57  And there arose certain, and bare false witness against him, saying,
58  We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.
59  But neither so did their witness agree together.
60  And the high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, saying, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
61  But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
62  And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
63  Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
64  Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.
65  And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.
66  ¶And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:
67  And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.
68  But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.
69  And a maid saw him again, and began to say to them that stood by, This is one of them.
70  And he denied it again. And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art one of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth thereto.
71  But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak.
72  And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:29 am 

1 Peter 1:1  ¶Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2  Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3  ¶Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4  To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5  Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6  ¶Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8  Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9  Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10  ¶Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11  Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12  Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next