SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:40 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:57 am 

Proverbs 9:12  If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
13  ¶A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.
14  For she sitteth at the door of her house, on a seat in the high places of the city,
15  To call passengers who go right on their ways:
16  Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: and as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,
17  Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.
18  But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.

Proverbs 10:1  ¶The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother.
2  ¶Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousness delivereth from death.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:10 am 

Mark 10:17  ¶And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
18  And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
19  Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
20  And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
21  Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
22  And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
23  And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
24  And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
25  It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
26  And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
27  And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:11 am 

Hebrews 11:17  By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18  Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
19  Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
20  By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
21  By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
22  By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
23  By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
24  By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25  Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26  Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
27  By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
28  Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
29  By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:09 am 

Psalms 108:12  Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.
13  Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.

Psalms 109:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;
2  For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
3  They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.
4  For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.
5  And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
6  ¶Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.

Psalms 109:21  ¶But do thou for me, O GOD the Lord, for thy name's sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me.
22  For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.
23  I am gone like the shadow when it declineth: I am tossed up and down as the locust.
24  My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh faileth of fatness.
25  I became also a reproach unto them: when they looked upon me they shaked their heads.
26  Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to thy mercy:
27  That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, LORD, hast done it.
28  Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice.
29  Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.
30  I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.
31  For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:03 am 

Proverbs 10:3  The LORD will not suffer the soul of the righteous to famish: but he casteth away the substance of the wicked.
4  ¶He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.
5  ¶He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.
6  ¶Blessings are upon the head of the just: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
7  ¶The memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot.
8  ¶The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.
9  ¶He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known.
10  ¶He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow: but a prating fool shall fall.
11  ¶The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
12  ¶Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
13  ¶In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.
14  ¶Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.
15  ¶The rich man's wealth is his strong city: the destruction of the poor is their poverty.
16  ¶The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:08 am 

Mark 10:28  Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29  And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30  But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
31  But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.
32  ¶And they were in the way going up to Jerusalem; and Jesus went before them: and they were amazed; and as they followed, they were afraid. And he took again the twelve, and began to tell them what things should happen unto him,
33  Saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles:
34  And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:09 am 

Hebrews 11:30  By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
31  By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
32  ¶And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
33  Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
34  Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
35  Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
36  And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37  They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38  (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
39  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:02 am 

Psalms 110:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2  The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
3  Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
4  The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
5  ¶The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
6  He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.
7  He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:12 am 

Proverbs 10:17  ¶He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth.
18  ¶He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.
19  ¶In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.
20  ¶The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth.
21  The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom.
22  ¶The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
23  ¶It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
24  ¶The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.
25  As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.
26  ¶As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.
27  ¶The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
28  The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.
29  ¶The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
30  The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.
31  ¶The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.
32  The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:07 am 

Mark 10:35  And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come unto him, saying, Master, we would that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever we shall desire.
36  And he said unto them, What would ye that I should do for you?
37  They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.
38  But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?
39  And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:
40  But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.
41  And when the ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John.
42  But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
43  But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
44  And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
45  For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:19 am 

Hebrews 12:1  ¶Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3  For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4  ¶Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
5  And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:54 am 

Psalms 111:1  ¶Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.
2  The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.
3  His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever.
4  He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.
5  He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant.
6  ¶He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.
7  The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.
8  They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.
9  He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.
10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:57 am 

Proverbs 11:1  ¶A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.
2  ¶When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
3  ¶The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
4  ¶Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
5  ¶The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.
6  The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them: but transgressors shall be taken in their own naughtiness.
7  ¶When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of unjust men perisheth.
8  ¶The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead.
9  ¶An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
10  ¶When it goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth: and when the wicked perish, there is shouting.
11  By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.
12  ¶He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.
13  A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
14  ¶Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
15  ¶He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it: and he that hateth suretiship is sure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:02 am 

Mark 10:46  ¶And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.
47  And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
48  And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
49  And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee.
50  And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus.
51  And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
52  And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:07 am 

Hebrews 12:11  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12  Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13  And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
14  Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
15  Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16  Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17  For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
18  ¶For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
19  And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
20  (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
21  And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)
Hebrews 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next