SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:08 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1011 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:54 am 

1 Timothy 3:1  ¶This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3  Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4  One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5  (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6  Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7  Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
8  ¶Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9  Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10  And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11  Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12  Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
13  For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:36 am 

Esther 1:10  ¶On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, and Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas, the seven chamberlains that served in the presence of Ahasuerus the king,
11  To bring Vashti the queen before the king with the crown royal, to shew the people and the princes her beauty: for she was fair to look on.
12  But the queen Vashti refused to come at the king's commandment by his chamberlains: therefore was the king very wroth, and his anger burned in him.
13  Then the king said to the wise men, which knew the times, (for so was the king's manner toward all that knew law and judgment:
14  And the next unto him was Carshena, Shethar, Admatha, Tarshish, Meres, Marsena, and Memucan, the seven princes of Persia and Media, which saw the king's face, and which sat the first in the kingdom;)
15  What shall we do unto the queen Vashti according to law, because she hath not performed the commandment of the king Ahasuerus by the chamberlains?
16  And Memucan answered before the king and the princes, Vashti the queen hath not done wrong to the king only, but also to all the princes, and to all the people that are in all the provinces of the king Ahasuerus.
17  For this deed of the queen shall come abroad unto all women, so that they shall despise their husbands in their eyes, when it shall be reported, The king Ahasuerus commanded Vashti the queen to be brought in before him, but she came not.
18  Likewise shall the ladies of Persia and Media say this day unto all the king's princes, which have heard of the deed of the queen. Thus shall there arise too much contempt and wrath.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:45 am 

Psalms 84:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm for the sons of Korah.>> How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!
2  My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
3  Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.
4  Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.
5  Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
6  Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.
7  They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.
8  ¶O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
9  Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
10  For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11  For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
12  O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:50 am 

Matthew 28:1  ¶In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
2  And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
3  His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
4  And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
5  And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
6  He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7  And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
8  And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
9  And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
10  Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:47 am 

1 Timothy 4:1  ¶Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3  Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4  For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5  For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6  ¶If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
7  But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
8  For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:46 am 

Esther 1:18  Likewise shall the ladies of Persia and Media say this day unto all the king's princes, which have heard of the deed of the queen. Thus shall there arise too much contempt and wrath.
19  If it please the king, let there go a royal commandment from him, and let it be written among the laws of the Persians and the Medes, that it be not altered, That Vashti come no more before king Ahasuerus; and let the king give her royal estate unto another that is better than she.
20  And when the king's decree which he shall make shall be published throughout all his empire, (for it is great,) all the wives shall give to their husbands honour, both to great and small.
21  And the saying pleased the king and the princes; and the king did according to the word of Memucan:
22  For he sent letters into all the king's provinces, into every province according to the writing thereof, and to every people after their language, that every man should bear rule in his own house, and that it should be published according to the language of every people.

Esther 2:1  ¶After these things, when the wrath of king Ahasuerus was appeased, he remembered Vashti, and what she had done, and what was decreed against her.
2  Then said the king's servants that ministered unto him, Let there be fair young virgins sought for the king:
3  And let the king appoint officers in all the provinces of his kingdom, that they may gather together all the fair young virgins unto Shushan the palace, to the house of the women, unto the custody of Hege the king's chamberlain, keeper of the women; and let their things for purification be given them:
4  And let the maiden which pleaseth the king be queen instead of Vashti.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:56 am 

Psalms 85:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm for the sons of Korah.>> LORD, thou hast been favourable unto thy land: thou hast brought back the captivity of Jacob.
2  Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah.
3  Thou hast taken away all thy wrath: thou hast turned thyself from the fierceness of thine anger.
4  Turn us, O God of our salvation, and cause thine anger toward us to cease.
5  Wilt thou be angry with us for ever? wilt thou draw out thine anger to all generations?
6  Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?
7  Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation.
8  ¶I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.
9  Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land.
10  Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
11  Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.
12  Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase.
13  Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:47 am 

Matthew 28:11  ¶Now when they were going, behold, some of the watch came into the city, and shewed unto the chief priests all the things that were done.
12  And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers,
13  Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
14  And if this come to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you.
15  So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.
16  ¶Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17  And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:53 am 

1 Timothy 5:1  ¶Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;
2  The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.
3  ¶Honour widows that are widows indeed.
4  But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.
5  Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.
6  But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.
7  And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.
8  But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:36 am 

Esther 2:16  So Esther was taken unto king Ahasuerus into his house royal in the tenth month, which is the month Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.
17  And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so that he set the royal crown upon her head, and made her queen instead of Vashti.
18  Then the king made a great feast unto all his princes and his servants, even Esther's feast; and he made a release to the provinces, and gave gifts, according to the state of the king.
19  And when the virgins were gathered together the second time, then Mordecai sat in the king's gate.
20  Esther had not yet shewed her kindred nor her people; as Mordecai had charged her: for Esther did the commandment of Mordecai, like as when she was brought up with him.
21  ¶In those days, while Mordecai sat in the king's gate, two of the king's chamberlains, Bigthan and Teresh, of those which kept the door, were wroth, and sought to lay hand on the king Ahasuerus.
22  And the thing was known to Mordecai, who told it unto Esther the queen; and Esther certified the king thereof in Mordecai's name.
23  And when inquisition was made of the matter, it was found out; therefore they were both hanged on a tree: and it was written in the book of the chronicles before the king.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:48 am 

Psalms 86:1  ¶<<A Prayer of David.>> Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy.
2  Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.
3  Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.
4  Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
5  For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
6  Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
7  In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
8  ¶Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.
9  All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.
10  For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.
11  Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
12  I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
13  For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
14  O God, the proud are risen against me, and the assemblies of violent men have sought after my soul; and have not set thee before them.
15  But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.
16  O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid.
17  Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast holpen me, and comforted me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:38 am 

Mark 1:1  ¶The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
2  As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3  The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4  John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5  And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.
6  And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;
7  And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
8  I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
9  ¶And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10  And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11  And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
12  And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness.
13  And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:53 am 

1 Timothy 5:16  If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed.
17  ¶Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
18  For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.
19  Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
20  Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
21  I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
22  Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.
23  Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
24  Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.
25  Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:53 am 

Esther 3:1  ¶After these things did king Ahasuerus promote Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, and advanced him, and set his seat above all the princes that were with him.
2  And all the king's servants, that were in the king's gate, bowed, and reverenced Haman: for the king had so commanded concerning him. But Mordecai bowed not, nor did him reverence.
3  Then the king's servants, which were in the king's gate, said unto Mordecai, Why transgressest thou the king's commandment?
4  Now it came to pass, when they spake daily unto him, and he hearkened not unto them, that they told Haman, to see whether Mordecai's matters would stand: for he had told them that he was a Jew.
5  And when Haman saw that Mordecai bowed not, nor did him reverence, then was Haman full of wrath.
6  And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shewed him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.
7  ¶In the first month, that is, the month Nisan, in the twelfth year of king Ahasuerus, they cast Pur, that is, the lot, before Haman from day to day, and from month to month, to the twelfth month, that is, the month Adar.
8  And Haman said unto king Ahasuerus, There is a certain people scattered abroad and dispersed among the people in all the provinces of thy kingdom; and their laws are diverse from all people; neither keep they the king's laws: therefore it is not for the king's profit to suffer them.
9  If it please the king, let it be written that they may be destroyed: and I will pay ten thousand talents of silver to the hands of those that have the charge of the business, to bring it into the king's treasuries.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:33 am 

Psalms 87:1  ¶<<A Psalm or Song for the sons of Korah.>> His foundation is in the holy mountains.
2  The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
3  Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.
4  ¶I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.
5  And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.
6  The LORD shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.
7  As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee.

Psalms 88:1  ¶<<A Song or Psalm for the sons of Korah, to the chief Musician upon Mahalath Leannoth, Maschil of Heman the Ezrahite.>> O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:
2  Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1011 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next