SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 9:44 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:33 am 

Matthew 23:1  ¶Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2  Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3  All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4  For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
5  But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6  And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7  And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8  But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9  And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10  Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11  But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
12  And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:26 am 

Philippians 1:2  Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3  ¶I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4  Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,
5  For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;
6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
7  ¶Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
8  For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.
9  ¶And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10  That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
11  Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:13 am 

2 Samuel 5:1  ¶Then came all the tribes of Israel to David unto Hebron, and spake, saying, Behold, we are thy bone and thy flesh.
2  Also in time past, when Saul was king over us, thou wast he that leddest out and broughtest in Israel: and the LORD said to thee, Thou shalt feed my people Israel, and thou shalt be a captain over Israel.
3  So all the elders of Israel came to the king to Hebron; and king David made a league with them in Hebron before the LORD: and they anointed David king over Israel.
4  David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:25 am 

Psalms 68:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm or Song of David.>> Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him.
2  As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
3  But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.
4  Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.
5  A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.
6  God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
7  ¶O God, when thou wentest forth before thy people, when thou didst march through the wilderness; Selah:
8  The earth shook, the heavens also dropped at the presence of God: even Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
9  Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary.
10  Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor.
11  The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.
12  Kings of armies did flee apace: and she that tarried at home divided the spoil.
13  Though ye have lien among the pots, yet shall ye be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold.
14  When the Almighty scattered kings in it, it was white as snow in Salmon.
15  ¶The hill of God is as the hill of Bashan; an high hill as the hill of Bashan.
16  Why leap ye, ye high hills? this is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the LORD will dwell in it for ever.
17  The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.
18  Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:19 am 

Matthew 23:13  ¶But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
16  Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17  Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
18  And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
19  Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
20  Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
21  And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
22  And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
23  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24  Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:10 am 

Philippians 1:12  ¶But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;
13  So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;
14  And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
15  Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
16  The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
17  But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
19  For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20  According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
21  ¶For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22  But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23  For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24  Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
25  And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:45 am 

2 Samuel 7:1  ¶And it came to pass, when the king sat in his house, and the LORD had given him rest round about from all his enemies;
2  That the king said unto Nathan the prophet, See now, I dwell in an house of cedar, but the ark of God dwelleth within curtains.
3  And Nathan said to the king, Go, do all that is in thine heart; for the LORD is with thee.
4  ¶And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying,
5  Go and tell my servant David, Thus saith the LORD, Shalt thou build me an house for me to dwell in?
6  Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle.
7  In all the places wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spake I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people Israel, saying, Why build ye not me an house of cedar?
8  Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel:
9  And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth.
10  Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,
11  And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the LORD telleth thee that he will make thee an house.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:11 am 

Psalms 69:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician upon Shoshannim, A Psalm of David.>> Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.
2  I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.
3  I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.
4  They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away.
5  O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.
6  Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.
7  Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face.
8  I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.
9  For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
10  When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, that was to my reproach.
11  I made sackcloth also my garment; and I became a proverb to them.
12  They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards.
13  ¶But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:24 am 

Matthew 23:26  Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28  Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30  And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31  Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32  Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33  Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:24 am 

Philippians 1:26  That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.
27  ¶Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
28  And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
29  For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
30  Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

Philippians 2:1  ¶If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2  Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4  Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:17 am 

2 Samuel 12:1  ¶And the LORD sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.
2  The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:
3  But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.
4  And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.
5  And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:
6  And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.
7  And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;
8  And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
9  Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.
10  Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:14 am 

Psalms 70:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, to bring to remembrance.>> Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O LORD.
2  Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt.
3  Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha.
4  Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.
5  But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:26 am 

Matthew 23:34  ¶Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35  That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36  Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37  O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38  Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39  For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:23 am 

Philippians 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
12  ¶Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
14  ¶Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15  That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
16  Holding forth the word of life -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:06 am 

2 Samuel 24:20  And Araunah looked, and saw the king and his servants coming on toward him: and Araunah went out, and bowed himself before the king on his face upon the ground.
21  And Araunah said, Wherefore is my lord the king come to his servant? And David said, To buy the threshingfloor of thee, to build an altar unto the LORD, that the plague may be stayed from the people.
22  And Araunah said unto David, Let my lord the king take and offer up what seemeth good unto him: behold, here be oxen for burnt sacrifice, and threshing instruments and other instruments of the oxen for wood.
23  All these things did Araunah, as a king, give unto the king. And Araunah said unto the king, The LORD thy God accept thee.
24  And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshingfloor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.
25  And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. So the LORD was intreated for the land, and the plague was stayed from Israel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next