SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:08 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:21 am 

Esther 8:9  Then were the king's scribes called at that time in the third month, that is, the month Sivan, on the three and twentieth day thereof; and it was written according to all that Mordecai commanded unto the Jews, and to the lieutenants, and the deputies and rulers of the provinces which are from India unto Ethiopia, an hundred twenty and seven provinces, unto every province according to the writing thereof, and unto every people after their language, and to the Jews according to their writing, and according to their language.
10  And he wrote in the king Ahasuerus' name, and sealed it with the king's ring, and sent letters by posts on horseback, and riders on mules, camels, and young dromedaries:
11  Wherein the king granted the Jews which were in every city to gather themselves together, and to stand for their life, to destroy, to slay, and to cause to perish, all the power of the people and province that would assault them, both little ones and women, and to take the spoil of them for a prey,
12  Upon one day in all the provinces of king Ahasuerus, namely, upon the thirteenth day of the twelfth month, which is the month Adar.
13  The copy of the writing for a commandment to be given in every province was published unto all people, and that the Jews should be ready against that day to avenge themselves on their enemies.
14  So the posts that rode upon mules and camels went out, being hastened and pressed on by the king's commandment. And the decree was given at Shushan the palace.
15  ¶And Mordecai went out from the presence of the king in royal apparel of blue and white, and with a great crown of gold, and with a garment of fine linen and purple: and the city of Shushan rejoiced and was glad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:29 am 

Psalms 94:1  ¶O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
2  Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud.
3  LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?
4  How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?
5  They break in pieces thy people, O LORD, and afflict thine heritage.
6  They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless.
7  Yet they say, The LORD shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.
8  Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise?
9  He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?
10  He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?
11  The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
12  ¶Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
13  That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
14  For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.
15  But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:29 am 

Mark 4:13  And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
14  The sower soweth the word.
15  And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
16  And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
17  And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
18  And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
19  And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
20  And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
21  ¶And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick?
22  For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
23  If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:39 am 

Titus 1:10  For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
11  Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
12  One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
13  This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
14  Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
15  Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16  They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Titus 2:1  ¶But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:26 am 

Esther 8:16  The Jews had light, and gladness, and joy, and honour.
17  And in every province, and in every city, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day. And many of the people of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews fell upon them.

Esther 9:1  ¶Now in the twelfth month, that is, the month Adar, on the thirteenth day of the same, when the king's commandment and his decree drew near to be put in execution, in the day that the enemies of the Jews hoped to have power over them, (though it was turned to the contrary, that the Jews had rule over them that hated them;)
2  The Jews gathered themselves together in their cities throughout all the provinces of the king Ahasuerus, to lay hand on such as sought their hurt: and no man could withstand them; for the fear of them fell upon all people.
3  And all the rulers of the provinces, and the lieutenants, and the deputies, and officers of the king, helped the Jews; because the fear of Mordecai fell upon them.
4  For Mordecai was great in the king's house, and his fame went out throughout all the provinces: for this man Mordecai waxed greater and greater.
5  Thus the Jews smote all their enemies with the stroke of the sword, and slaughter, and destruction, and did what they would unto those that hated them.
6  And in Shushan the palace the Jews slew and destroyed five hundred men.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:43 am 

Psalms 94:16  Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
17  Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
18  When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.
19  In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
20  Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?
21  They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.
22  But the LORD is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.
23  And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the LORD our God shall cut them off.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:37 am 

Mark 4:24  And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
25  For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.
26  And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
27  And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.
28  For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
29  But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.
30  And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
31  It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
32  But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.
33  And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.
34  But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 am 

Titus 2:2  That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3  The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4  That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5  To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
6  Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
7  In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8  Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
9  Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
10  Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
11  ¶For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12  Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13  Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
15  ¶These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:47 am 

Job 1:1  ¶There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
2  And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.
3  His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.
4  ¶And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.
5  And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.
6  ¶Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
7  And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
8  And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:19 am 

Psalms 95:1  ¶O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
2  Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
3  For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
4  In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
5  The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
6  O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
7  ¶For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:51 am 

Mark 4:35  ¶And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side.
36  And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.
37  And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38  And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39  And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40  And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
41  And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:51 am 

Titus 3:1  ¶Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
2  To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
3  For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
4  But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6  Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7  That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8  This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:44 am 

Job 1:9  Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
10  Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
11  But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
12  And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
13  ¶And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:
14  And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them:
15  And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
16  While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
17  While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
18  While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:
19  And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 am 

Psalms 96:1  ¶O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.
2  Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.
3  Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people.
4  For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
5  For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.
6  Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
7  Give unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
8  Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.
9  O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.
10  ¶Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.
11  Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof.
12  Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice
13  Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:41 am 

Mark 5:1  ¶And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
2  And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3  Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
4  Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
5  And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
6  But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
7  And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
8  For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
9  And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
10  And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
11  Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
12  And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
13  And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
14  And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1015 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next