SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:49 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:39 am 

Psalms 76:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm or Song of Asaph.>> In Judah is God known: his name is great in Israel.
2  In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.
3  There brake he the arrows of the bow, the shield, and the sword, and the battle. Selah.
4  Thou art more glorious and excellent than the mountains of prey.
5  The stouthearted are spoiled, they have slept their sleep: and none of the men of might have found their hands.
6  At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep.
7  ¶Thou, even thou, art to be feared: and who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry?
8  Thou didst cause judgment to be heard from heaven; the earth feared, and was still,
9  When God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth. Selah.
10  Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain.
11  Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God: let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.
12  He shall cut off the spirit of princes: he is terrible to the kings of the earth.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:53 am 

Matthew 26:1  ¶And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples,
2  Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.
3  Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,
4  And consulted that they might take Jesus by subtilty, and kill him.
5  But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar among the people.
6  ¶Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,
7  There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.
8  But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?
9  For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor.
10  When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.
11  For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.
12  For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial.
13  Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:42 am 

Colossians 3:5  ¶Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6  For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7  In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8  ¶But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9  Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10  And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11  Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12  ¶Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17  And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:36 am 

2 Kings 18:1  ¶Now it came to pass in the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, that Hezekiah the son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign.
2  Twenty and five years old was he when he began to reign; and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Abi, the daughter of Zachariah.
3  And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that David his father did.
4  He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.
5  He trusted in the LORD God of Israel; so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor any that were before him.
6  For he clave to the LORD, and departed not from following him, but kept his commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses.
7  And the LORD was with him; and he prospered whithersoever he went forth: and he rebelled against the king of Assyria, and served him not.
8  He smote the Philistines, even unto Gaza, and the borders thereof, from the tower of the watchmen to the fenced city.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:59 am 

Psalms 77:2  In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.
3  I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.
4  Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
5  I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.
6  I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.
7  Will the Lord cast off for ever? and will he be favourable no more?
8  Is his mercy clean gone for ever? doth his promise fail for evermore?
9  Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah.
10  And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.
11  ¶I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.
12  I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
13  Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
14  Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
15  Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.
16  The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee; they were afraid: the depths also were troubled.
17  The clouds poured out water: the skies sent out a sound: thine arrows also went abroad.
18  The voice of thy thunder was in the heaven: the lightnings lightened the world: the earth trembled and shook.
19  Thy way is in the sea, and thy path in the great waters, and thy footsteps are not known.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:15 am 

Matthew 26:14  ¶Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests,
15  And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.
16  And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him.
17  ¶Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?
18  And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.
19  And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.
20  Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
21  And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
22  And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?
23  And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
24  The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:51 am 

Colossians 3:18  ¶Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
19  Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
20  Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
21  Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
22  Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
23  And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24  Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
25  But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Colossians 4:1  ¶Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.
2  ¶Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:10 am 

2 Kings 25:8  ¶And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month, which is the nineteenth year of king Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, came Nebuzaradan, captain of the guard, a servant of the king of Babylon, unto Jerusalem:
9  And he burnt the house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all the houses of Jerusalem, and every great man's house burnt he with fire.
10  And all the army of the Chaldees, that were with the captain of the guard, brake down the walls of Jerusalem round about.
11  Now the rest of the people that were left in the city, and the fugitives that fell away to the king of Babylon, with the remnant of the multitude, did Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard carry away.
12  But the captain of the guard left of the poor of the land to be vinedressers and husbandmen.
13  And the pillars of brass that were in the house of the LORD, and the bases, and the brasen sea that was in the house of the LORD, did the Chaldees break in pieces, and carried the brass of them to Babylon.
14  And the pots, and the shovels, and the snuffers, and the spoons, and all the vessels of brass wherewith they ministered, took they away.
15  And the firepans, and the bowls, and such things as were of gold, in gold, and of silver, in silver, the captain of the guard took away.
16  The two pillars, one sea, and the bases which Solomon had made for the house of the LORD; the brass of all these vessels was without weight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:04 am 

Psalms 78:1  ¶<<Maschil of Asaph.>> Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
2  I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:
3  Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.
4  We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.
5  For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:
6  That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children:
7  That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments:
8  And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:14 am 

Matthew 26:25  Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.
26  ¶And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27  And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28  For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29  But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
30  And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.
31  ¶Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
32  But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.
33  Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
34  Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
35  Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:02 am 

1 Thessalonians 4:2  For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
3  For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4  That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5  Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6  That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7  For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8  He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
9  ¶But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
10  And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;
11  And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
12  That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.
13  ¶But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:34 am 

1 Chronicles 29:25  And the LORD magnified Solomon exceedingly in the sight of all Israel, and bestowed upon him such royal majesty as had not been on any king before him in Israel.
26  Thus David the son of Jesse reigned over all Israel.
27  And the time that he reigned over Israel was forty years; seven years reigned he in Hebron, and thirty and three years reigned he in Jerusalem.
28  And he died in a good old age, full of days, riches, and honour: and Solomon his son reigned in his stead.
29  Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,
30  With all his reign and his might, and the times that went over him, and over Israel, and over all the kingdoms of the countries.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:02 am 

Psalms 78:9  ¶The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle.
10  They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law;
11  And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them.
12  Marvellous things did he in the sight of their fathers, in the land of Egypt, in the field of Zoan.
13  He divided the sea, and caused them to pass through; and he made the waters to stand as an heap.
14  In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire.
15  He clave the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink as out of the great depths.
16  He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers.
17  And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness.
18  And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust.
19  Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?
20  Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people?
21  Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel;
22  Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:44 am 

Matthew 26:36  ¶Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
37  And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
38  Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
39  And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
40  And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
41  Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
42  He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
43  And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.
44  And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
45  Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
46  Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.
47  ¶And while he yet spake, lo, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:08 am 

1 Thessalonians 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Thessalonians 5:1  ¶But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2  For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next