Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:39 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post subject: verse
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:54 pm 

Revelation 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Revelation 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Revelation 2:8  ¶And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
Revelation 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Post subject: Re: verse to think on
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 am 

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

"Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He will strengthen your heart." Psalm 27:14

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:53 pm 

Les, you have posted some beautiful verses stating what they should do and there are many others that follow the same intent. And then there are verses stating what they have actually done contrary to the Lord’s wishes which I include some of these verses below.

(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen,whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

I ask you Les, the above gathering occurred in ancient times where the verses refer to a prior time where they were scatter and then in the above verses they are gathered again. The Lord was clearly giving the O house of Israel a second chance to repent and follow the Lord’s suggestions as you posted. Moving to the present and looking at what they recently have and continue to do; do you feel that they are following the Lord’s guidance or not-?

Just asking (:-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:20 am 

Quote:
passingby wrote:
do you feel that they are following the Lord’s guidance or not-?

I don't regard the nation of Israel as true Israel so no they are not . True Israel ( because it is not revealed yet ) is not either .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:39 am 

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned"
1 Corinthians 2:14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:53 am 

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them,]may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell-and great was its fall" Matthew 7: 24-27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me , this means learning and understanding the law of Christ and then doing it . Helping the person next to us . Not rushing off to be missionaries or building church organisations .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:17 pm 

Hosea 6:6  For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:21 pm 

Les,

May you and yours have a long and joyous life now and for ever more .,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,

(:-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:04 am 

Gidday passinby , haven't seen you around for a while . How are things going with you and your family .
The reason i post these scriptures is so that hopefully people can see that we have passed from the old style of God's rule into the mercy He has created by His sacrifice .
Have a good day .
Les .