SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:25 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:07 am 

1 Thessalonians 5:16  ¶Rejoice evermore.
17  Pray without ceasing.
18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19  Quench not the Spirit.
20  Despise not prophesyings.
21  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23  ¶And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24  Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:47 am 

Proverbs 25:23  ¶The north wind driveth away rain: so doth an angry countenance a backbiting tongue.
24  ¶It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.
25  ¶As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.
26  ¶A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.
27  ¶It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory.
28  ¶He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:47 am 

Psalms 41:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
2  The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.
3  The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
4  I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.
5  ¶Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish?
6  And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself; when he goeth abroad, he telleth it.
7  All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt.
8  An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more.
9  Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
10  But thou, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.
11  By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
12  And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.
13  Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:17 am 

Matthew 18:21  ¶Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22  Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
23  Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24  And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25  But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26  The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27  Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28  But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29  And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30  And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31  So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32  Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33  Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34  And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35  So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:45 am 

1 Timothy 2:1  ¶I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6  Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 am 

Proverbs 26:1  ¶As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.
2  ¶As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
3  ¶A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
4  ¶Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
5  Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
6  ¶He that sendeth a message by the hand of a fool cutteth off the feet, and drinketh damage.
7  The legs of the lame are not equal: so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
8  As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so is he that giveth honour to a fool.
9  As a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
10  ¶The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:45 am 

Psalms 42:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah.>> As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
2  My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
3  My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
4  When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
5  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
6  ¶O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
7  Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
8  Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
9  I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
10  As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?
11  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:46 am 

Matthew 19:13  ¶Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
14  But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
15  And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.
16  ¶And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18  He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19  Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20  The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21  Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22  But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:53 am 

Hebrews 3:15  While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16  For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17  But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18  And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19  So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Hebrews 4:1  ¶Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2  For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3  For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4  For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:53 am 

Proverbs 26:11  ¶As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
12  ¶Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
13  ¶The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.
14  ¶As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed.
15  ¶The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth.
16  ¶The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.
17  ¶He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.
18  ¶As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death,
19  So is the man that deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport?
20  ¶Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 am 

Psalms 43:1  ¶Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
2  For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
3  O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.
4  Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
5  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69