SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:54 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:19 am 

Philippians 2:1  ¶If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2  Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4  Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:58 am 

Proverbs 21:10  ¶The soul of the wicked desireth evil: his neighbour findeth no favour in his eyes.
11  ¶When the scorner is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed, he receiveth knowledge.
12  ¶The righteous man wisely considereth the house of the wicked: but God overthroweth the wicked for their wickedness.
13  ¶Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.
14  ¶A gift in secret pacifieth anger: and a reward in the bosom strong wrath.
15  ¶It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
16  ¶The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.
17  ¶He that loveth pleasure shall be a poor man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich.
18  ¶The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.
19  ¶It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.
20  ¶There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.
21  ¶He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:10 am 

Psalms 35:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
2  Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
3  Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
4  Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
5  Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
6  Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.
7  For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.
8  Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.
9  And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.
10  All my bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:11 am 

Matthew 14:14  And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.
15  And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals.
16  But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.
17  And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.
18  He said, Bring them hither to me.
19  And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
20  And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.
21  And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 am 

Colossians 1:10  That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
11  Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
12  ¶Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18  And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19  For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
20  And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
21  And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22  In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23  If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:19 am 

Proverbs 21:22  ¶A wise man scaleth the city of the mighty, and casteth down the strength of the confidence thereof.
23  ¶Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.
24  ¶Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.
25  ¶The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour.
26  He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not.
27  ¶The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more, when he bringeth it with a wicked mind?
28  ¶A false witness shall perish: but the man that heareth speaketh constantly.
29  ¶A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way.
30  ¶There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.
31  The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:04 am 

Psalms 35:11  ¶False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not.
12  They rewarded me evil for good to the spoiling of my soul.
13  But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.
14  I behaved myself as though he had been my friend or brother: I bowed down heavily, as one that mourneth for his mother.
15  But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew it not; they did tear me, and ceased not:
16  With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.
17  ¶Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions.
18  I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:07 am 

Matthew 14:22  ¶And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.
23  And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.
24  But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
25  And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
26  And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
27  But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
28  And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29  And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30  But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31  And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
32  And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
33  Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:00 am 

Colossians 2:1  ¶For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;
2  That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
3  In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4  ¶And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
5  For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
6  As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7  Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:59 am 

Proverbs 22:1  ¶A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
2  ¶The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
3  ¶A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
4  ¶By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
5  ¶Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.
6  ¶Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
7  ¶The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
8  ¶He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.
9  ¶He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.
10  ¶Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:01 am 

Psalms 35:19  Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.
20  For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.
21  Yea, they opened their mouth wide against me, and said, Aha, aha, our eye hath seen it.
22  This thou hast seen, O LORD: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me.
23  Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.
24  Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.
25  Let them not say in their hearts, Ah, so would we have it: let them not say, We have swallowed him up.
26  Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify themselves against me.
27  Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
28  And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:40 am 

Matthew 14:34  ¶And when they were gone over, they came into the land of Gennesaret.
35  And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto him all that were diseased;
36  And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.

Matthew 15:1  ¶Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
2  Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3  But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
4  For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
5  But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
6  And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
7  Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8  This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9  But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:01 am 

Colossians 2:13  ¶And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15  And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16  ¶Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18  Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19  And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
20  Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21  (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22  Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23  Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 am 

Proverbs 22:11  ¶He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend.
12  ¶The eyes of the LORD preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor.
13  ¶The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.
14  ¶The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.
15  ¶Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
16  ¶He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.
17  ¶Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
18  For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips.
19  That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.
20  Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:03 am 

Psalms 36:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD.>> The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
2  For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.
3  The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.
4  He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.
5  ¶Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
6  Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast.
7  How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
8  They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.
9  For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
10  O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.
11  Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me.
12  There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next