SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:41 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:15 am 

Psalms 12:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David.>> Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
2  They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
3  The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
4  Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
5  For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
6  The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7  Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
8  The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 am 

Matthew 5:21  ¶Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22  But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23  Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24  Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25  Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26  Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
27  ¶Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28  But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29  And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30  And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:14 am 

2 Corinthians 1:1  ¶Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
2  Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3  ¶Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4  Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
5  For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
6  And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
7  ¶And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:36 am 

Proverbs 10:10  ¶He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow: but a prating fool shall fall.
11  ¶The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
12  ¶Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
13  ¶In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.
14  ¶Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.
15  ¶The rich man's wealth is his strong city: the destruction of the poor is their poverty.
16  ¶The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin.
17  ¶He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth.
18  ¶He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.
19  ¶In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.
20  ¶The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth.
21  The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:18 am 

Psalms 13:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
2  How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
3  Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4  Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
5  But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
6  I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:13 am 

Matthew 5:31  It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32  But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
33  ¶Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
34  But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35  Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36  Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37  But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:42 am 

2 Corinthians 3:7  But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8  How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9  For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10  For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11  For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
12  ¶Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
13  And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
14  But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15  But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16  Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17  Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18  But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:21 am 

Proverbs 10:22  ¶The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
23  ¶It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
24  ¶The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.
25  As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.
26  ¶As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.
27  ¶The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
28  The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.
29  ¶The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
30  The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.
31  ¶The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.
32  The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:15 am 

Psalms 14:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
2  The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3  They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4  ¶Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.
5  There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.
6  Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge.
7  Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:25 am 

Matthew 5:38  ¶Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39  But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40  And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
41  And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42  Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43  ¶Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47  And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48  Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:23 am 

2 Corinthians 4:1  ¶Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2  But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
5  For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
6  For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
8  ¶We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9  Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
10  Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11  For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
12  So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
13  We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
14  Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
15  For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
16  For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:18 am 

Proverbs 11:1  ¶A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.
2  ¶When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
3  ¶The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
4  ¶Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
5  ¶The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.
6  The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them: but transgressors shall be taken in their own naughtiness.
7  ¶When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of unjust men perisheth.
8  ¶The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead.
9  ¶An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
10  ¶When it goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth: and when the wicked perish, there is shouting.
11  By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:40 am 

Psalms 15:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
2  He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
3  He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
4  In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
5  He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:13 am 

Matthew 6:1  ¶Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2  Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3  But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
4  That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
5  ¶And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6  But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7  But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8  Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 am 

2 Corinthians 5:1  ¶For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2  For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3  If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4  For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
5  Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6  Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9  Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 67  Next