SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:37 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: daily readings
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:58 am 

Psalms 140:1  ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;
2  Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.
3  They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.
4  Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings.
5  The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah.
6  I said unto the LORD, Thou art my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD.
7  O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
8  ¶Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.
9  As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
10  Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
11  Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him.
12  I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.
13  Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:01 am 

Romans 14:10  But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13  Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14  I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15  But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16  Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18  For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19  Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20  For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21  It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22  Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23  And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:38 am 

Psalms 141:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee.
2  Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
3  Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
4  Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.
5  ¶Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.
6  When their judges are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear my words; for they are sweet.
7  Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth.
8  But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.
9  Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity.
10  Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:10 am 

Romans 15:1  ¶We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2  Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
3  For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
5  ¶Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
6  That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7  ¶Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:35 am 

Psalms 142:1  ¶<<Maschil of David; A Prayer when he was in the cave.>> I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.
2  I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble.
3  When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
4  ¶I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
5  I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
6  Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
7  Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:32 am 

Romans 15:8  Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
9  And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
10  And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
11  And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
12  And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
13  ¶Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:48 am 

Psalms 143:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.
2  And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
3  For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.
4  Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate.
5  I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.
6  I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.
7  ¶Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
8  Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
9  Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.
10  Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
11  Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12  And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:48 am 

1 Corinthians 1:3  Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
4  I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
5  That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
6  Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
7  So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
8  Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9  God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
10  ¶Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:22 am 

Psalms 144:1  ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
2  My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
3  LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!
4  Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
5  Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
6  Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.
7  Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;
8  Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
9  ¶I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.
10  It is he that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth David his servant from the hurtful sword.
11  Rid me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:
12  That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:
13  That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:
14  That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets.
15  Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:32 am 

1 Corinthians 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19  For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20  Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21  For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22  For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23  But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24  But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:13 am 

Psalms 145:1  ¶<<David's Psalm of praise.>> I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
2  Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
3  Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.
4  One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.
5  I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.
6  And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness.
7  They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.
8  The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
9  The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:35 am 

1 Corinthians 1:26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29  That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31  That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:44 am 

Psalms 145:10  ¶All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
11  They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;
12  To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.
13  Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.
14  The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
15  The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.
16  Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
17  The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
18  The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
19  He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
20  The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
21  My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:36 am 

1 Corinthians 2:1  ¶And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2  For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3  And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4  And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6  ¶Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7  But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8  Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:31 am 

Psalms 146:1  ¶Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
2  While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3  Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
4  His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
5  ¶Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:
6  Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:
7  Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:
8  The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:
9  The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.
10  The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 67  Next