SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:23 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: World news
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:26 am 

Breaking News 23:53 -

JPost.com Operation Protective Edge
News reports reveal Hamas rocket launch sites in built-up areas of Gaza By JPOST.COM STAFF 08/06/2014 08:52
Tweet Select Language​▼A television crew from an Indian news network broadcast rare footage of Palestinians in Gaza preparing to launch rockets.

A television crew from an Indian news network broadcast rare footage on Tuesday of Palestinians in Gaza preparing to launch rockets at Israel just as the cease-fire was about to go into effect.

Journalists from NDTV were able to peer out the window of a hotel patronized by foreign reporters and film a group of terrorists as they were assembling and preparing a rocket to be launched at Israel.

The footage appears to confirm Israel's contention that Hamas operatives used civilian areas to stage rocket attacks against Israel, thus making the local population vulnerable to retaliation.

Another clip shows a report by France 24, whose reporter detailed how Palestinians launched rockets from built-up, urban areas.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:51 am 

Has been confirmed by other sources and media ttt. why the bias ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:07 am 

INTERVIEW: Turkish Man Supports Israel
Mert Balta, a Turkish man who lives near Istanbul, recognizes the Jewish historical attachment to the Land of Israel, supports Israel’s right to exist, views Hamas to be a terrorist organization, and is critical of Erdogan’s policy towards Israel. He claims he is not the only Turk who feels this way.

Mert Balta, a Turkish man who lives near Istanbul, does not agree with his President’s perception on the State of Israel. He recognizes the Jewish historical attachment to the State of Israel and understands that when the Jews left the land, it was never voluntarily. Aside from the Jewish historical connection to Israel, Batla believes that the Jews deserve to have a country to call their own “after the exiles and massacres for thousands of years.”

“I see the situation quite differently from an Israeli as every day I hear similar arguments from some Turks here,” Balta explained. “They think that the major purpose of Israel is to eliminate the existence of the Palestinians. They think that Israel massacres. And I know that a lot of the religiously oriented Muslim people see these attacks in a more emotional way since the conflict occurred during Ramadan and the feasts afterwards. Those people (who oppose Israel in Turkey) don’t know that suicide bombing attacks targeted Jewish people on their holidays.”

“I think differently, because I know how many times the Palestinian side had chances for peace,” Balta stated. “Israel was always the first to give the olive branch to the other side. That’s what Israel wanted to show when they relocated Jewish settlers outside Gaza, just like they did with the peace treaty with Egypt by giving back the Sinai. Israel even recognized the PLO in the past, back in the 1990’s if I am not mistaken, just to progress with the peace process.”

Balta emphasized that some of the Palestinian allegations against Israel didn’t make sense to him: “During the Israeli War of Independence, the Israelis claim that some Arab residents escaped from their homes by their own volition. Some staid, but on the Palestinian side, they claim that a massacre happened. I asked a Palestinian guy, if Israel was based on anti-Arab settling, then why is one of the official languages in Israel Arabic? Why were some of the founders of Israel Arab (Arabs have served in the Knesset since it was established)? So things did not add up.”

“Of course, mistakes were made on both sides, but violence should never be the solution,” Batla stressed. “The Palestinian side should accept that a long time ago, they were defeated in this war. It’s always hard to accept but it is the truth. And therefore, they should be willing to make concessions and compromise. The Palestinians have very good negotiators like Saeb Erakat and many other educated men like him. Why not let those educated and peaceful leaders be at the front line of dealing with the process rather than a terrorist organization which seeks to destroy any life in Israel? Palestinian children don’t deserve to be trapped in the line of fire because their armed groups decided so.”

Balta does not have a very positive opinion about Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who until recently was Turkey’s Prime Minister. However, he claims that Erdogan uses the issue to get votes and that he doesn’t really care about the Palestinians: “He just cares about his prestige in politics.” However, he does not believe that Operation Protective Edge helped him get elected this time around. He believes the timing of the Turkish elections, during the peak of summer vacation season, undermined the CHP’s chances of winning. Balta stressed that those CHP people who were on vacation could have made the difference, as it was a very close vote.

In conclusion, Balta stresses: “There are still many people in Turkey who are aware of what is going on and who is Hamas. There are many people who fear that the radical Islam is destroying humanity. These people are open to Israel. They are open to all countries. Let me explain that there are many faces of Turkey. If you go to western cities, you will meet with modern people who are quite open minded, while some are more conservative than you can imagine. The country is very polarized at the moment because Erdogan has been driving his ideas into conflict with people instead of discussing them in a civilized and democratic platform.”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:44 am 

Les Keane says , Stop taking things out of context Tom , and stop lying . You've got one more chance to act sensibly or be banned .
Later . On second thoughts I relent . A few more chances .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:49 pm 

Tom . I am not going to help with your site at all if you keep acting so weirdly .
I relent again . weird is as weird does and we are all a bit weird except thee and me .
Cheers .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:18 am 

Les Keane wrote:
A television crew from an Indian news network broadcast rare footage of Palestinians in Gaza preparing to launch rockets.

A link would be nice

Les Keane wrote:
A television crew from an Indian news network broadcast rare footage on Tuesday of Palestinians in Gaza preparing to launch rockets at Israel just as the cease-fire was about to go into effect.

A link would be nice

Les Keane wrote:
Journalists from NDTV were able to peer out the window of a hotel patronized by foreign reporters and film a group of terrorists as they were assembling and preparing a rocket to be launched at Israel.

A link would be nice

Les Keane wrote:
The footage appears to confirm Israel's contention that Hamas operatives used civilian areas to stage rocket attacks against Israel, thus making the local population vulnerable to retaliation.

A link would be nice

Les Keane wrote:
Another clip shows a report by France 24, whose reporter detailed how Palestinians launched rockets from built-up, urban areas.

A link would be nice

Just asking (:- :?:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:25 am 

Les Keane you have made a lot of hopeful posts up thread. My mind was on other things when I skipped on by.

I will make the time to go over them. Many of them are really positive & I might include them in the universalknowledge site, if you don’t mind

(:-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:29 am 

Les Keane wrote:
Tom . I am not going to help with your site at all if you keep acting so weirdly

Sorry, can you post one of these weirdly posts so I may understand and then correct myself?

(:- :?:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:29 pm 

Brigitte Gabriel: “We Are Witnessing Genocide against Christians”
Brigitte Gabriel in an interview with JerusalemOnline described the dire plight of Christians throughout the Middle East region, from Iraq and Syria to Egypt and Lebanon. She painted a bleak picture regarding the future of Christians in the Arab world.

Prominent Lebanese American journalist Brigitte Gabriel, who founded Act for America and American Congress for Truth, in an interview with JerusalemOnline discussed the plight of Christians and other minority groups in the Middle East: “With the establishment of the Islamic State and Jihadi movements metastasizing from Libya to Iraq, the prospect for religious minorities in the Arab world is unfortunately bleak. Unless the tide can somehow be turned against the Jihadist movement, I am afraid we will see continued persecution of Christians, Jews and others--and worse. What we are witnessing now in Iraq and Syria--and it is spreading to Lebanon--is genocide. It takes persecution to its terrible but inevitable extreme.”

The plight of Christian women especially is dire in the Arab world: “Christian women face the reality of living under Shariah in the Arab world to one degree or another. In places like Saudi Arabia, where there is no religious freedom, a Christian woman must essentially live as if she was a Muslim. This is becoming truer in other parts of the Arab world as well. And in areas controlled by the Islamic State, women are subject to rape, torture and slavery. If they resist in any way, they face death.”

Gabriel was very critical of Obama’s Iraq and Syria policy, stressing that Obama’s administration does not understand that there can be no solution to the humanitarian crisis in Iraq and Syria without ISIS being overthrown: “So, first, the Islamic State must be taken down militarily. Only then can the true humanitarian work begin. Can you imagine humanitarian workers trying to enter into Islamic State-controlled areas of Iraq and Syria today? It would be putting the workers in grave danger. Unfortunately, I don't think Obama understands the threat that the Islamic State poses and I think he sees it as an internal Iraqi sectarian organization instead of the Jihadist organization of global reach that it is. So I don't see any way that he will do what is needed.”

Gabriel believes that at this point the best possible outcome for the crisis in Syria would be the Free Syrian Army taking control of the country, but she fears that the likelihood of this actually happening is slim: “Assad was more tolerant of Christians than the Islamic State by far, but he was imperfect to say the least and true religious liberty did not exist in Assad's Syria either simply because it was basically a fascist dictatorship of sorts. All of that is irrelevant now. Assad is greatly weakened, perhaps irreversibly so. The Islamic State controls vast areas of Syria. What appears on the horizon for the foreseeable future, unfortunately, is more war.”

Even though Lebanon is not dominating headlines at the moment, Gabriel stresses that the plight of Christians in Lebanon is also dire: “Christians who are left in Lebanon are living in fear and acknowledging now that they are second class citizens. I mailed my book just two weeks ago to a cousin of mine and had to put a different name, as a sender, on the package and address. She was afraid that if the package was from me, she will be arrested and taken into investigation just because she received a package from me. Hezbollah monitors all social media and all communication lines. I cannot even speak freely to family members or friends discussing anything other than hello, who died, who got married and the weather.”

“We must never lose sight of the fact that Hezbollah is a Jihadist organization,” Gabriel emphasized. “Too many regard Hezbollah as a political organization in Western terms or even a humanitarian organization, as absurd as that sounds. As a Jihadist organization, Hezbollah's goal is to establish an Islamic State in Lebanon ruled by Shariah. Inevitably, under such a system, Christians will be persecuted and suffer. As Hezbollah gains more control, conditions for Christians deteriorate.”

Even though the status of Christians has improved in Egypt since Morsi was overthrown, Gabriel noted that the fate of Egyptian Christians is still uncertain: "They suffered greatly under the Muslim Brotherhood's brief rule. Even though the Muslim Brotherhood has been outlawed in Egypt, they are still very much present and their members continue to target Christians with violence, harassment and other forms of persecution. Sisi is better than the Ikhwan but the final script still has not been written.” The plight of Christians throughout the Arab world remains quite bleak.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:44 am 

2 Timothy 2:13  If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

John 3:36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

1 John 2:10  He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

1 John 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John 3:6  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 3:14  ¶We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1 John 3:24  And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

2 John 1:9  Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:43 pm 

Quote:
passingby wrote:
Les Keane you have made a lot of hopeful posts up thread. My mind was on other things when I skipped on by.

I will make the time to go over them. Many of them are really positive & I might include them in the universalknowledge site, if you don’t mind

I don't mind at all Tom as long as they are positive .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:06 am 

Les Keane wrote:

It is just amazing that there is all this talk about rockets and yet no photos of the rockets themselves. What's up, cardboard tubs just don't photo well or what-?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:27 am 

When will "Israel", the state reflect God's instructions and do the following:

Israel refuses to do the following, and the will be judged for it~~~~~~

STRANGER—The term “stranger” is mentioned 123 times in the Holy Bible.

(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Jer 14:8 KJV) O the hope of Israel, the saviour thereof in time of trouble, why shouldest thou be as a stranger in the land, and as a wayfaring man that turneth aside to tarry for a night?

(Ezek 14:7 KJV) For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to inquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Jer 7:6 KJV) If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

(Jer 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Ezek 22:7 KJV) In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.

(Zec 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJV) Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJV) And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:18 KJV) He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

But what God asked them to do they did not and instead we find this -----

(Mat 25:38 KJV) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

(Mat 25:43 KJV) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

(Ezek 22:29 KJV) The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:29 am 

Please, show me where the Israeli's have embraced the stranger. Give me some examples that I can be proud of. :!:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:36 am 

Les Keane wrote:
Brigitte Gabriel: “We Are Witnessing Genocide against Christians” Even though the status of Christians has improved in Egypt

4/5th of the Palestinian population has been erased. Darts were used to murder the farmers and families.

Does this make you a happy camper; i.e. are you proud of it-? (:-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next