SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:35 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:41 am 

Iranian blogger dies in police custody
The governments of France, Britain and the human rights group Amnesty International are demanding an investigation into the death of Iranian blogger Sattar Beheshti, who died in police custody after being arrested two weeks ago for criticizing the clerical regime. AI says there is evidence Beheshti's death was the result of torture, a common occurrence in the Islamic Republic's prison system.

Belgium refuses to label Hezbollah a 'terrorist' group
The Belgian Foreign Ministry issued a statement on Thursday rejecting the idea of labeling the Lebanese Shi'ite terror militia as a terrorist organization. "We believe that it could make sense, instead of qualifying Hezbollah as a whole, to isolate armed subgroups, or individuals," Michel Malherbe, a spokesman for the Belgium ministry, told The Jerusalem Post on Thursday, adding that although "we perfectly realize that Hezbollah has, to say the least, a dubious, shady side" the issue of a common European position was more important, and the EU has refused to declare Hezbollah to be a terrorist organization.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 pm 

Hello All,

Please read and forward to your contacts, mainly abroad. It is my opinion that we ought to contribute our two pennies too, to spreading out the truth around the world.

Thanks.

Shmuel

=======================================================================================================

I'm angry.
You see, as most Americans were waking up this morning, and those in Europe and elsewhere around the world were going about their daily routines, here in Israel -- over one million people were running for cover from a hail of rockets being rained down by Palestinian terrorists in Gaza. In the space of 24 hours, since Tuesday evening, 80 rockets have been fired on southern Israel. That's more than three rockets per hour. By the time I finish this article, odds are that count will have risen to 85 rockets.
Just to put things in context: one million Israelis is roughly 13 per cent of the population. Thirteen per cent of the U.S. population equates to about 40 million people.
A dozen Israelis have already been injured, with several of them seriously. The only reason more have not been hurt is because Israel has invested millions of dollars in bomb shelters and the Iron Dome defense system, while Hamas has invested millions of dollars in foreign aid in more rockets.
But here is why I'm angry.
I'm angry that in 2012, over 600 rockets have already been fired from Gaza with no end in sight. I'm angry that the world only notices when Israel undertakes its (sovereign) right to defend its citizens. Can you imagine if even one rocket was fired on Washington, London, Paris or Moscow? No nation on earth can, or should, tolerate such attacks on its people.
I'm angry that while the United Nations never hesitates to call a 'special emergency session' on the 'Question of Palestine' or pass the umpteenth resolution blindly condemning Israel, that I am still waiting for a session on the 'Question of Israel' and Palestinian terror. In fact, 24 hours after the rocket attacks started, I am still waiting for even one syllable of condemnation from the UN Security Council, the UN General Assembly or Navi Pillay, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.
I'm angry that Ban Ki-Moon, the UN Secretary-General, could not find a moment to condemn the Palestinian rockets, but did find time to laugh and dance with South Korean rapper Psy from the popular dance craze Gangnam Style.
I'm angry that while the EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton slammed Israel last week over the building of several hundred apartments (in an area that will arguably remain part of Israel anyway), that I am still waiting for her to slam the Palestinians for firing 80 rockets in one day.
I'm angry that there are those who continue to call for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) against the Jewish State, but are silent in the face of Palestinian terror.
I'm angry that ships and flotillas continue to set sail for Gaza to show 'solidarity' with the Palestinians, but where is their solidarity with the people of southern Israel?
I'm angry that while human rights organizations like Amnesty, Human Rights Watch, Oxfam and others do not waste a single opportunity to condemn Israel for human rights violations against the Palestinians, the human rights of Israelis are seemingly not important enough for them. Is Jewish blood really that cheap?
I'm angry that mainstream newspapers like the New York Times, lead their stories about the rocket attacks with such headlines as "Four Palestinian Militants Killed in Israeli Airstrikes," and not "Palestinian Terrorists Rain Down Over 80 Rockets against one million Israelis."
I'm angry that so many people are blind to the fact that Iran, which has called for Israel to be wiped off the map and now seeks to obtain nuclear weapons, is the primary funder and supplier of arms to Hamas. I'm angry at the fact that all civilians in southern Israel today were instructed not to send their kids to school and stay in bomb shelters. What sort of inhumane way is that for children to live?
I'm angry when people continue to say that 'settlements' are the main impediment to peace, and not Hamas, a terrorist group which does not recognize Israel's right to exist and seeks its destruction. I'm angry when I see pictures like this, of a home in southern Israel hit by a rocket from Gaza today, yet have the audacity to say "ah, but they're just like toys; what damage can they do?"
I'm angry that there is someone out there who does not know me and has never met me, yet still wants to kill me -- for no other reason than being Israeli.
I'm angry when I hear residents in southern Israel say "we just lie on top of our children and try to protect them with our bodies" or that "we're living on borrowed time" -- yet the world seems oblivious to their desperate cries for help.
No, I am not angry. I am outraged.

Arsen Ostrovsky is an international human rights lawyer and freelance journalist living in Israel.

Shmuel Frendzel

Tel: 04-9988793

Mobile: 052-2419797

Email: shmuelfr@bezeqint.net

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:22 am 

ICEJ NEWS

Headlines from Jerusalem, Wednesday 21 November 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"'Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored; Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish" Isaiah 41: 10-11

TOP STORY

Hamas publicly executes 'collaborators'
Shock and outrage greeted widely seen footage of a Hamas squads public execution on Tuesday of six Palestinian men the terror militia accused of "collaborating" with Israel. Without offering any evidence, a senior Hamas operative told the Hamas Aqsa radio station that the men "were caught red-handed" providing information to Israel. After they were shot, Hamas gunman chained the body of one of the executed men to a motorcycle and dragged it through the streets of Gaza City, while crowds of Hamas supporters cheered.

HEADLINES

Violence escalates with bus attack in Tel Aviv

Angry demonstrations in Bethlehem, Hebron

Hopes for an imminent truce agreement between Israel and terror groups firing rockets from the Gaza Strip seemed dim on Wednesday, as a bomb attack on a Tel Aviv bus signaled a significant escalation and fears of a return to the bad old days of the Second Intifada. Scores of rockets continued to be fired out of the Strip into Israel on the eighth day of Operation Pillar of Defense, with the Biblical city of Beer Sheeba sustaining heavy damage, even as the Iron Dome air defense system intercepted several rockets and medical sources reported that two Israelis, a soldier and a civilian, were killed, along with several more wounded.

Even as Israel battles Gaza based terror groups in the south, the IDF must keep watch on the northern border, as the civil war in Syria continues to churn. NATO announced on Tuesday that it will send Patriot air defense batteries to Turkey to defend the 900-km border with Syria, although some analysts speculated that the real purpose might be to set up a de facto no-fly zone there to protect rebel troops and civilians. "The countries who supply NATO with Patriot systems are known, we have reached an agreement with those countries," Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu told a news conference.

Iranian minister; 'Ask Israeli intelligence about missiles'
Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Rahmin Mehmanparast on Tuesday gave a flippant answer to a reporter's question about reports that the Islamic Republic has supplied the long range Fajr-5 rockets which Gaza based terror groups have fired at Jerusalem and Tel Aviv this week. "The question of which country produces missiles should be asked of the military authorities [of that country]," he said, before suggesting that the reporter ask Israeli intelligence authorities how the rockets got into the Strip. Iranian officials have vehemently denied that they are providing the long range rockets to terror militias in the Strip, but Palestinian Islamic Jihad spokesman Ziyad Nakhleh to state-owned Al-Alam Arabic news channel on Monday that they were.

Salafi groups claim rocket attacks
Although the Islamist terror militia Hamas is the de facto governing authority in the Gaza Strip and thus responsible for all rocket fire into Israel, Salafi-Jihadist factions with ties to al-Qaida have declared publically that they are the ones firing many of the rockets. In a statement on Monday, Jaish al- Ummah, whose name means "Army of the Nation," said "Moslems are called to jihad to confront the infidels America and Israel and those who follow them." The group added a vow to "continue our jihad against the infidels and taghut [tyrants, opposers of the prophet Muhammad] of the earth until the law of Allah is established."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 am 

11th century Jewish manuscripts from Afghanistan unveiled
Israel's National Library recently revealed a collection of 11th century manuscripts discovered in caves in northern Afghanistan, presumably remnants of an ancient Jewish community which lived there. The manuscripts contain Hebrew, Aramaic, Judea-Arabic and Judeo-Persian languages written in Hebrew. Dr. Haggai Ben-Shammai, the library's academic director, said, "we've had many historical sources on Jewish settlements in that area. This is the first time that we have a large collection of manuscripts that represents the culture of the Jews that lived there." Afghanistan's Jewish community numbered as many as 40,000 in the late 19th century, after Persian Jews fled forced conversion. By the mid-20th century, only about 5,000 remained, and most emigrated after Israel's creation in 1948.

Biblical plants growing again in the Arava
Dr. Elaine Solowey of the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies at Kibbutz Ketura has cultivated the first frankincense tree to be seen in the Holy Land in many centuries. The fragile sapling is nestled safely in Dr. Solowey's greenhouse, which also houses plants which produce myrrh and others which will be familiar to readers of the Bible. "This is the first frankincense tree to set seed in Israel in 1500 years," Dr Solowey recently told the Times of Israel. "It was necessary to bring this variety back to the country because the last people growing these trees near the Dead Sea left and the trees left with them. They were very valuable in ancient times, more than I think that we know about."

Orthodox Christmas attack thwarted by Egyptian Army
Syrian Christians desperately seeking shelter in Aleppo

The Egyptian military announced on Monday that it had thwarted a terrorist plot targeting a church or possibly a military camp in the Sinai Peninsula. The targeted Coptic Holy Family Church, located in the city of Rafah on the border with the Gaza Strip, has largely been abandoned by parishioners after sustaining several attacks in recent years. But it remains a symbol of the dwindling Christian presence in the area, and troops who raided the suspected terrorist compound discovered a vehicle packed with explosives which they believe was meant to be parked near the church and blown up. Coptic Pope Tawadrow II urged his flock to "not be afraid" during his Orthodox Christmas Mass on Monday, as well as urging them to pray for the government of Egypt to lead "wisely."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:10 am 

White House condemns Morsi statements
A statement of condemnation was issued by the White House on Tuesday regarding comments made by Egypt's Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi, when he was a leader of the Egyptian Moslem Brotherhood in 2010. During the speech, Morsi urged Egyptian parents to "nurse our children and our grandchildren on hatred" for Jews and Zionists. In a televised interview a few months later, he told Lebanon's Al-Quds TV that "either [you accept] the Zionists and everything they want, or else it is war. This is what these occupiers of the land of Palestine know - these blood-suckers, who attack the Palestinians, these warmongers, the descendants of apes and pigs." The interviews, which were translated and made available by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) and have been viewed over 40,000 times, sparked a widespread outcry.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:28 am 

Egyptian official denies Holocaust
Fox News quoted Fathi Shihab-Eddim, a senior aid to Egypt's Islamist President Mohamed Morsi, as saying that "the myth of the Holocaust is an industry that America invented...to destroy the image of their opponents in Germany, and to justify war and massive destruction against military and civilian facilities of the Axis powers, and especially to hit Hiroshima and Nagasaki with the atomic bomb." He added that six million European Jews were not killed as is widely believed, but simply moved to America. The comments come at a particularly bad time for Morsi's regime, as violent protests have continued in several Egyptian cities, prompting Army chief and defense minister General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi to warn that the state is in danger of collapse.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:31 pm 

Amish group apologizes to the Jewish people

A group of 31 Amish people recently visited Israel seeking reconciliation with the Jewish people. Traditionally the Amish, who are pacifists, have not supported Judaism nor the State of Israel due to an entrenched belief that the Jews are guilty of the crucifixion of Jesus and their perception of Israel as a militant and aggressive power. Micah Smith, who led the group of 31 to Israel, said, "we would like to meet and bless the people of Israel, to show our support, especially in the area of repentance, and acknowledgment of our errors, such as having rejected them as Gods chosen people."

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:34 am 

Israel serving its neighbor
Almost 40,000 tons of goods including food, medicines and construction materials were delivered from Israel to Gaza on more than 1,500 trucks through the Kerem Shalom border crossing during the week ending April 27.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:09 am 

JPost.comMiddle East Poll: 40% of Palestinians support suicide bombing By JPOST.COM STAFF 05/02/2013 10:49 PEW survey finds a substantial amount of Palestinians believe bombings are often or sometimes justified.
BRITISH MUSLIM suicide bombers Ashif Muhammad Hanid, Omar Khan Sharif bombed Mike’s Place in TA Photo: REUTERS
A substantial number of Palestinians think suicide bombing is justified, a poll by the PEW Research Center published this week found.

The survey, that polled Muslims in 21 countries worldwide, found that 40 percent of Palestinians believe that attacks against civilians in defense of Islam can be often or sometimes justified.

The support for these attacks was high in the region. Twenty-nine percent of Egyptians supported suicide bombings, and 15% of Jordanians. In Turkey, 15% view these attacks as a legitimate means to defending Islam against its enemies.

In Afghanistan, where suicide bombings against Western targets occur frequently, 39% believed it is a justified means of resistance.

The poll also examined Muslim views on the following topics: Homosexuality, women's rights, Sharia Law, and honor killing.

The findings indicate that 89% of Palestinians think homosexuality is immoral, think women must always "obey" their husband and favor the imposition of Sharia Law into their society. A smaller amount (45%) believe honor killing is sometimes justifiable.

The poll surveyed 994 adults between December 4, 2011 and January 2, 2012.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:14 am 

'Honor killings' still widely accepted in Jordan
A Cambridge University study released on Thursday showed that in Jordan, Israel's neighbor and the Arab country considered to be the most Westernized, the belief that a family should kill a female member who has behaved in a way that brings shame to her family is still very common. The study, conducted by the University's Institute of Criminology, polled teenagers in the capital of Amman, finding that roughly 50% of teenage boys and 20% of girls said the practice was acceptable. "While stricter legislation has been introduced - despite conservative fears - cultural support for violence against women who are seen as breaking norms has remained widespread," the study added.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:04 am 

Syrian Christians given strict new rules by Moslem terrorists

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) announced on Wednesday that they have provided a list of 12 rules to Christians in the northern city of Raqa which they must follow in order to continue living in their homes and receive "protection." The rules include guidelines for how Christians are allowed to dress, the payment of extra "jiziyeh" taxes and a requirement that religious services and rituals must be conducted behind closed doors. Another rule says Christians must not "put on display a cross or anything from their book, anywhere on Moslems' path or markets." Rebuilding or repairing churches destroyed by Moslems is also forbidden, as is the possession of any kind of weapons. The statement concluded that any Christian caught violating these rules will suffer "the fate that the people of war and rebellion faced.".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:02 am 

Search continues for kidnapped Israeli teenagers
The search for Israeli teenagers Naphtali Fraenkel, Gil- Ad Shaer and Eyal Yifrach continued on Tuesday following a statement by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a visit to IDF Central Command HQ in Jerusalem, which said; "We are here in the midst of a complex operation . We need to be prepared for the possibility that it may take time. This is a serious event and there will be serious consequences. We are currently focused on one mission - bringing the boys, our boys who were abducted, home. We are also operating against Hamas. In recent days we have also seen an attempt to open an additional front in the Gaza Strip . We have taken strong action in response to this firing. If need be, we will take even stronger action. I promise that those who try to attack Israeli citizens will be hit." Read More
HEADLINES
Christians facing increasingly desperate situation in Iraq
Reports out of Iraq indicate that in the wake of battles between the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terror militia and its enemies, many of the country's Christians have been turned into internal refugees, fleeing south to Baghdad and east into the Kurdish controlled areas around the city of Kirkuk. The city of Mosul, the capital of Nineveh province, formally contained one of the largest remaining segments of Iraq's ancient Chaldean Christian community, but the ISIL have targeted this group along with Shi'ite Moslems as part of a campaign to purge the areas under their control of "apostates" which has included mass executions of Shi'ite prisoners and execution by crucifixion of Christian leaders. Read More

NEWS IN BRIEF
Zoabi defends Israel in viral video
Israeli-Arab teenager Mohammad Zoabi, a cousin of the fiercely anti-Zionist Balad MK Haneen Zoabi, produced a short youtube video this week in which he sits in front of a large Israeli flag and demands in English, Hebrew and Arabic "those terrorists that have kidnapped our kids - bring them back, and you had better bring them back now!" He added an appeal to the Israeli government to "Wake up and stop cooperating with terrorists," adding that the Palestinian Authority was the "biggest" terrorist and "our enemies do not separate between Arabs and Jews living in Israel." The video has gone viral on the internet, arousing intense anger from MK Zoabi, who told Ynet "I am happy to see that Israeli hasbara [public diplomacy] is in such a dire state that it needs a stupid boy with a twisted identity who feels a continuous need to apologize to his strong masters."

Subsequently, MK Zoabi raised even more controversy on Monday by taking to the airwaves in an interview with Radio Tel Aviv in which she said whoever the kidnappers are "they're people who don't see any way to change their reality and they are forced to use these means until Israel will wake up a little, until Israeli citizens and society will wake up and feel the suffering of the other." The statement, which seemed to exonerate the kidnappers, led to several of her Knesset colleagues demanding that Speaker Yuli Edelstein revoke her parliamentary immunity and prosecute her for incitement, which he refused to do while noting "I summarily reject Zoabi's harmful statement and her foolish attempts to justify war crimes and terrorist organizations."
Good news and bad news for Israel-UK relations
There was good news and bad news for Israel out of the UK this week, as president-elect Reuven Rivlin received a letter of congratulations from Queen Elizabeth II and two large trade unions prepared to debate proposals to downgrade their relations with the Jewish State. "I am sure that the strong relations and close ties of friendship between our two countries will continue during your term of office," Queen Elizabeth's letter said. However, the UNISON trade union was holding its annual conference this week with angry debates expected over proposals made by branches to either support or oppose resolutions expressing support for Israel and the peace process with the Palestinians. The Unite trade union is also scheduled to debate a similar packet of resolutions at its conference scheduled for later in the month.
Syrian conflict intensifies against backdrop of Iraqi disaster
Residents of the small Armenian Christian village of Kassab, on Syria's border with Turkey, recently returned to their homes after the area was re-taken from rebel groups by forces loyal to the regime of president Bashar Assad. During the three months rebel factions held the village, most of its buildings were damaged or destroyed, including several churches. The returning villagers noted however that their fate, while grim, is better than what many other Syrians and Iraqis are facing, as sectarian violence in the region continues to escalate and Christians often getting hammered by all sides.

EU silence on kidnapping concerning to Israel
Israeli officials are taking note of the attitude taken by several world governments and media outlets concerning the kidnapping of Israeli teenagers Naphtali Fraenkel, Gil- Ad Shaer and Eyal Yifrach, with the deafening silence from the office of EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton causing particular concern. Senior officials from the US, Canada, UK, Spain, the UN and the International Committee of the Red Cross had all issued statements condemning the kidnapping by Sunday afternoon, while Ashton's office had not issued a statement of any kind by Monday evening. Israeli officials expressed anger at the silence, comparing it to the rapidity with which Israeli announcements of building activities in eastern Jerusalem or necessary security measures anywhere routinely draw almost instant condemnation from Brussels. On Tuesday, the EU issued a belated statement condemning the kidnapping.
Hamas condemns Israel for defending itself
The Hamas terror militia issued a statement on Monday condemning Israel for its crackdown on Hamas operatives in the West Bank, calling the sweep a "flagrant violation of all international conventions and a cowardly act that exposes the spirit of defeatism and wallow" among officials in Jerusalem and appealing to the Palestinian Authority to end its security cooperation with Israel. "The frivolous occupation reaction of arresting Palestinian leaders in the West Bank and holding them hostage won't achieve any goal," the Hamas statement said. "It will only increase our people's determination to proceed with their steadfastness and resolve until they achieve their demands and legitimate goals." Meanwhile, rocket squads in the Gaza Strip attempted and failed to launch another projectile into southern Israel on Monday, drawing retaliatory airstrikes by the Israeli Air Force.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:58 am 

Palestinian social media campaign shows support for kidnapping of Israeli teens
Palestinians and their supporters around the world have responded to the kidnapping of the three Israeli teenagers by launching a social media campaign celebrating the event. Entitled, "The Three Schalits" to express their apparent comparison with Gilad Schalit, who was held hostage by Hamas for several years, the central feature of the campaign is photographs of Palestinian children smiling and holding up their hands to the camera with three fingers raised, signifying the three Israelis hostages.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:47 am 

ISIL presses offensive in Iraq, crucifies Christians in Syria
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terror militia declared the founding of an Islamic "caliphate" in the territory under its control in eastern Syria and northern Iraq on Friday, adding that its chief Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi "the caliph" and "leader for Moslems everywhere." However, what's left of the regime's in Damascus and Baghdad show no signs of quietly surrendering to the ISIL onslaught. The Iraqi national army sent tanks, gunships and thousands of troops into Tikrit over the weekend as reports surfaced of armed American drones being deployed in Iraqi airspace and Russian bombers being delivered to the Iraqi air force, which until now had no fixed-wing aircraft with which to counter the ISIL offensive. Meanwhile, in Syria, residents have reported a campaign of terror against ISIL opponents, including the widespread use of crucifixion of Christians who refuse to cooperate with them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:35 am 

Israel launches 'Operation Protective Edge' in Gaza
Israeli Defense officials announced the launch of Operation Protective Edge early Tuesday morning, including a series of air strikes and possible ground incursions into the Gaza Strip to put an end to the withering barrage of rocket fire into Israel. "Hamas chose to escalate the situation and it will pay a heavy price for doing so," said PM Benjamin Netanyahu. "We are prepared for a campaign against Hamas, which will not end within days," Defense Minister Moshe "Bogie" Ya'alon added. "Hamas is leading the current confrontation to a place in which it seeks to exact a heavy price from our home front. There is a need for patience. The IDF is continuing with the offensive effort, in a manner that will exact a very heavy price from Hamas. We will not tolerate missile and rocket fire on Israel, and we are prepared to expand the campaign through all of the means available to us, to continue striking Hamas."

Israel launches 'Operation Protective Edge' in Gaza
Israeli Defense officials announced the launch of Operation Protective Edge early Tuesday morning, including a series of air strikes and possible ground incursions into the Gaza Strip to put an end to the withering barrage of rocket fire into Israel. "Hamas chose to escalate the situation and it will pay a heavy price for doing so," said PM Benjamin Netanyahu. "We are prepared for a campaign against Hamas, which will not end within days," Defense Minister Moshe "Bogie" Ya'alon added. "Hamas is leading the current confrontation to a place in which it seeks to exact a heavy price from our home front. There is a need for patience. The IDF is continuing with the offensive effort, in a manner that will exact a very heavy price from Hamas. We will not tolerate missile and rocket fire on Israel, and we are prepared to expand the campaign through all of the means available to us, to continue striking Hamas." Read More
HEADLINES
Murder of Palestinian teen continues to reverberate
President Shimon Peres and Education Minister Shai Piron issued statements on Monday condemning the murder of 16-year-old Muhammad Abu Khdeir by suspected Jewish terrorists last week, even as police announced that three of the six suspects in custody have confessed to the crime and incriminated their associates, even re-enacting the event for investigators. "This is not just a criminal crisis, it's a moral crisis," said Peres, who added that reforms in the educational system were needed. "Today shame goes forth from Zion," the president added. Meanwhile, the family of Abu Khdeir was received on Monday in the Ramallah offices of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, who has demanded a UN investigation into the case. Read More

ICEJ AID Projects-Help Sderote
Since 2005, the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem has been working with Operation Lifeshield to place portable bomb shelters at public bus stops and schools in the western Negev, to protect the local population from the recurring rocket barrages. To date, we have donated over 25 shelters in Sderot, Ashkelon and other nearby towns and villages. Read More >>
NEWS IN BRIEF
Spreading unrest reaches the Negev
The riots and unrest which have shook Jerusalem, Nazareth and several smaller Arab villages in the Galilee over recent days reached the Beersheba satellite community of Omer on Sunday evening when a group of Beduin Arabs threw stones and gasoline bombs at cars in Jewish neighborhoods, destroying the vehicle of a district judge. "We sought coexistence with the Beduin and now it blew up in our face," Omer mayor Pini Badash told The Jerusalem Post on Monday. "People here are in shock." He added his assessment that "the Islamic Movement and Hamas are behind it. The situation is getting worse because of the Islamic Movement. What happened yesterday was scary and dangerous." A security source agreed, adding "we feel the hate and tensions in the Beduin community that did not exist before. They are being radicalized."
BDS efforts suffer another defeat
In another blow to the effort to Boycott, Divest and Sanction (BDS) Israel, the Unilever food and home product company has invited citizens of the Jewish State under the age of 30 to compete in the "change the world" contest to submit innovations to improve human life. The competition, which is being conducted in coordination with the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL), has already produced game-changing technology and processes which are improving the lives of millions of people worldwide.

Click here to watch a video about the scientific innovations of young Israelis
Security forces in Lebanon reveal IS plans
Even as fighting between forces of the Islamic State (IS) terror militia and various governments, rival rebel factions and criminal networks continues in Iraq and Syria, security agencies in Lebanon announced on Monday that they have charged 28 people on suspicion of plotting a series of suicide bomb attacks to pave the way for an IS move into Israel's northern neighbor. Lebanon is in the midst of a surge of sectarian violence with the government barely maintaining control over much of the country.

HEADLINES
Murder of Palestinian teen continues to reverberate
President Shimon Peres and Education Minister Shai Piron issued statements on Monday condemning the murder of 16-year-old Muhammad Abu Khdeir by suspected Jewish terrorists last week, even as police announced that three of the six suspects in custody have confessed to the crime and incriminated their associates, even re-enacting the event for investigators. "This is not just a criminal crisis, it's a moral crisis," said Peres, who added that reforms in the educational system were needed. "Today shame goes forth from Zion," the president added. Meanwhile, the family of Abu Khdeir was received on Monday in the Ramallah offices of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, who has demanded a UN investigation into the case. Read More

NEWS IN BRIEF
Spreading unrest reaches the Negev
The riots and unrest which have shook Jerusalem, Nazareth and several smaller Arab villages in the Galilee over recent days reached the Beersheba satellite community of Omer on Sunday evening when a group of Beduin Arabs threw stones and gasoline bombs at cars in Jewish neighborhoods, destroying the vehicle of a district judge. "We sought coexistence with the Beduin and now it blew up in our face," Omer mayor Pini Badash told The Jerusalem Post on Monday. "People here are in shock." He added his assessment that "the Islamic Movement and Hamas are behind it. The situation is getting worse because of the Islamic Movement. What happened yesterday was scary and dangerous." A security source agreed, adding "we feel the hate and tensions in the Beduin community that did not exist before. They are being radicalized."
BDS efforts suffer another defeat
In another blow to the effort to Boycott, Divest and Sanction (BDS) Israel, the Unilever food and home product company has invited citizens of the Jewish State under the age of 30 to compete in the "change the world" contest to submit innovations to improve human life. The competition, which is being conducted in coordination with the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL), has already produced game-changing technology and processes which are improving the lives of millions of people worldwide.

Security forces in Lebanon reveal IS plans
Even as fighting between forces of the Islamic State (IS) terror militia and various governments, rival rebel factions and criminal networks continues in Iraq and Syria, security agencies in Lebanon announced on Monday that they have charged 28 people on suspicion of plotting a series of suicide bomb attacks to pave the way for an IS move into Israel's northern neighbor. Lebanon is in the midst of a surge of sectarian violence with the government barely maintaining control over much of the country.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next