SEARCH text here
Ignore Case
Highlight Results
or  
Advanced Search code from BibleDatabase.com
<
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:45 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: have you
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:27 am 

Amazing isn't it Oscar , that so many people will believe a lie . The Bible says that is what will happen and Jesus said Himself that many will say they call Him Lord but he will , in return , say that He never knew them .
I was brought up Pentecostal and know how evil it is . All the churches have believed a lie and cause division rather than unity , the Pentecostals are just better at it .
Do you really think your prayers against me can be answered when you believe the lie which is the half truth of God's salvation for us . Only when you believe the whole truth can your prayers be answered .
The only other way is by persistantly nagging God 'as the parable states ' and that would be a bit pathetic don't you think .

Post subject: Re: have you
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:21 am 

Les Keane wrote:
Amazing isn't it Oscar , that so many people will believe a lie . The Bible says that is what will happen and Jesus said Himself that many will say they call Him Lord but he will , in return , say that He never knew them .
I was brought up Pentecostal and know how evil it is . All the churches have believed a lie and cause division rather than unity , the Pentecostals are just better at it .
Do you really think your prayers against me can be answered when you believe the lie which is the half truth of God's salvation for us . Only when you believe the whole truth can your prayers be answered .
The only other way is by persistantly nagging God 'as the parable states ' and that would be a bit pathetic don't you think .

I'm not praying against you at all. God would never answer a prayer like that.

I can understand how you feel about the Pentecostal movement. I spent the first 12 years of my Christian life in it, and then I became very disillusioned with it because the church I went to in Palmerston North in the 1970s was very legalistic and full of gossiping and backbiting. I left it in 1978 and fellowshipped with Anglican and Baptist churches after that to see how the other half lived. I am now a Presbyterian elder in an Auckland church.

I vowed and declared that I would never darken the door of a Pentecostal church again after my experience with it, but God did some amazing things to help me forgive and reconcile with them. However, I would not go back to a Pentecostal church unless the Holy Spirit told me to, because I feel very uncomfortable with many of its current practices.

It took me about two years to be deprogrammed from many of the unsavcry things of the Pentecostal church (legalism, wrong ideas about the Holy Spirit, etc), and I took a fresh look at the Scripture without it being overlaid with the teaching I had received.

What I have ended up with is a mixture of Puritan/Calvinist theology and a continuing assurance that the Holy Spirit and the gifts are still relevant today. I am involved with a prophetic ministry in Auckland that approaches the gifts of the Spirit without all the emotional and manipulative hype that Pentecostals have with it. If you separate the excesses of the movement from the clear statements of Scripture, then you have an appreciation of what Paul actually taught, and it is quite different to what is practiced in churches today.

For example: Praying in tongues should not be done in public. It is a private function before God in the secret place of prayer. Prophecy does not reveal sin, and does not have to be done in King James English, and every prophecy should be recorded for accountability. What happens is that long involved King James prophecies are given in church services and most have forgotten what has been said by the time the person prophesying has finished speaking.

I have to whip away to work right now, but have a read of my testimony in:
http://personal-communication.net.nz/my ... n_life.htm

Cheers

Post subject: have you
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:11 pm 

All the churches have been telling us lies for years , rght from the Nicean council around 32AD through the reformers from Catholic to protestant and then to the Pentecostals and other break offs . Every single one has kept some part of MAN'S doctrine to lie about and lead their prosylites astray to become worse than they are . The only way out is to have a complete change of thinking . Accept that God can give you His way of thinking and teach you the truth . Staying under the umbrella of a false church be it Presbyterian or whatever only shows that lies are still being accepted because of the blindness and deafness to the truth that these organisations display so openly .
The road to full truth can only be started apon once the tangable as well as the intangable atributes of our Lord's sacrifice are accepted by each individual . Then we are filled with His Holy Spirit , not to satisfy our own selfish quest for happiness , ( hierarchical sytesms , man driven or spuriously spirit driven , ) but to fulfill His works which are simple everyday acts of neighbourliness , then , and only then , will the Holy Spirit work wonders in our world .

PS . Only one perso has ever asked if they could post their url on here ( a simple everyday act ) and once I had looked at it I accepted it . Many others have posted without asking and so I do not bother with them for that very reason ( their selfish act ) .
I do leave them on though for others to make their own decision .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:14 am 

Les Keane wrote:
PS . Only one perso has ever asked if they could post their url on here ( a simple everyday act ) and once I had looked at it I accepted it . Many others have posted without asking and so I do not bother with them for that very reason ( their selfish act ) .
I do leave them on though for others to make their own decision .

I posted the link because I was of the belief that you might have been open enough to read my testimony so that you would have a better knowledge of my Christian journey. This is because it is dishonouring the Holy Spirit to rush into judgement of people we don't know much about. To judge another person and imply that the foundation of their Christian experience is a lie because they go to a particular church is to forget the great debt we owe the Lord, that Jesus took from us when He died on the cross for us. Therefore it is not consistent with the spirit of Christ to make such judgements without knowing more about the person who is being judged.

Seeing that you are presenting yourself as a Christian with some experience and possible maturity, and that this is Christianity 101, I thought you would have known that.

Post subject: have you r
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:18 pm 

Whatever I say , Oscar , will upset you because we have different ways of thnking . I have found and been taught by God through a long process that all the professing christian churches are teaching lies and false doctrines . I have done what you are doing and learnt a bit of truth here and there only because I checked and double checked everything I was being told and was led to the truth .Therefore anyone to whom God has shown the truth or who has been prepared to go through what it takes to find the truth will not stay with any of these man made and ruled organisations . I have met a few of these people and we all had to learn the hard way but finding the start of the journey is worth more than anything this world or any church can give . To carry on that journey is so much more than carrying on with any church organisation .
I'm not here to frolic with religious organisations or to argue the rights and wrongs . Those who don't like it and prefer to stay with the easy way usually just leave and are welcome to as far as I am concerned . The Holy Spirit of God made this site possible and if He doesn't want it He will take it away . In the meantime , hopefully , those whom God is calling will find the truth the same as I have and the hard of hearing will have their ears opened and there eyes so they will stop listening to and following the lies .

Revelation 17:1  ¶And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Revelation 19:2  For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:03 pm 

Hi
This is just my thought on the gift of tongues.

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Paul is saying that charity (i.e. love) towards our brethren, should be the basis for all that we do, especially with the gifts the Lord has given us. Otherwise they are of no real use, except for self gratification.
To build oneself up is not something the Lord tells us to do. The Lord tells us we are to build one another up in his word. The word ‘edify’ means to instruct, or to educate. By so doing I have found that the Lord, through the Holy Spirit gives me encouragement to carry on.
If there were any tongues of angels, and I had them, and did not use them to the benefit of my neighbour, (i.e. brethren) it would be nothing else except a vain and prattling type of babbling” that gives a rude and uncertain sound.

May the Lord help us to keep our eyes firmly fixed on him and have love (charity) toward the brethren. Remember, love is an action word. We are not to have a sloppy, or erotic ( Eros ) love, but an unconditional love toward each other.
In Christ,
Bornfree.
:)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:11 pm 

I am saddened as I read from Oscarr's posts. My personal experiences and observational experiences show that when some is baptized into a church or denomination, they belong to that church; - eg. a Pentecostal, Anglican, Catholic....ect. I prefer to belong to God.

I am reminded of when Elijah was called away. He walked to the place where he was lifted up, ably followed by Elisha. Along the way Elisha was called by the sons of the prophets to come and stay with them. The sons of the prophets were believers and knew what was taking place as they said: "Do you know that the Lord will take away your master from you today?" 2Kings. 2:5. And yet Elisha replied (v5) "Yes I know, keep silent."
Elijah's heart was totally for God, and for this he was lifted up to Heaven in a whirlwind. Even Elijah said to him to .... "Stay here, please, " (v6). Yet Elisha knew where the Word of God was and would not leave sight of It. He replied to Elijah; "As the Lord lives, and as your soul lives, I will not leave you." (v6). I find denominations are like the prophets and their sons. They find a truth and stay with it, but they build walls of laws around it to protect it. And eventually lose sight of the real goal. Oneness with God.
In this last paragraph we note in the Word of God that was quoted,it was the sons of the prophets. Were they literal sons, no I believe they were the sons by belief and following the words of their prophets. Likewise we are sons of God by following the Word of God. I would much rather be like Elisha than the sons of the prophets and follow the true Word, where ever it may lead me.

As for the trinity of the Godhead... Let's look at a candle. Three things make up a candle: wax, wick, and flame. For a candle is said to not be a candle unless it can give light. Therefore 3 elements make up 'one' candle. Again: The thought is father to the deed. As is also the thought of pure Love is Father to the Word and Deed of that Love. Love is, and needs to be expressed, (as the candle needs a flame), it is expressed in Word, and that word then has life and becomes the Deed. Deeds have power. Genesis: 1:2. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. (v3) Then God said: "Let there, be light"; and there was light. The Spirit hovered awaiting the Word of command. Love longed for and needed expression. The Word gave expression of that Love, and the Holy Spirit moved. There was light. If I had love for another human being and it was not expressed in either word or deed, is it really love? I believe not. An emotion needs expression. When all is boiled down God only asks one thing of us, to love and to love completely and purely. For pure and complete love will be expressed in word and deed,and we will become the sons of Love. I am a Human being. I have a body, mind and soul. A body can live on with replaced parts, The mind can die and yet the body can be made to live. But without the soul both mind and body are dead. My soul is God's for I have freely given it to Him. With my soul I feel love. With that feeling I think of Love...God's love, and my body expresses that love.

Maranatha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 pm 

Being fulfilled with the Holy Spirit is one of the blessings that God maybe gave to us.. Holy spirit gives us conscience for us to do great things.. and not to do bad things.. so everyday we must be filled with the holy spirit and be led by the spirit of God.

Contemporary Church in Oakville

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 am 

It is quoted in the Scriptures that, "I shall never leave you, nor forsake you." Once we are filled with the Holy Spirit, He will never leave us. Rather it is us in our humanness who lose the contact and fellowship with the Holy Spirit within us.
I agree that we must be filled with the Holy Spirit, and we must listen to His leadings. It is by the Holy Spirit that we can fully understand the Word and Will of God. We are taught by the Scriptures to, "not lean unto our own interpretations". To truly love God we must allow Him to lead us by His Holy Spirit.

Maranatha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:09 am 

Hi Shade ,
This scripture pretty well sums it up .

"For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men. Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God" 1 Peter 2:15-16

How do we do what's right ? By believing , and doing Christ's law , The Royal Law .

When the early church morphed into what became the Catholic church it produced heaps of false doctrines , the worst being Luthar's doctrine of salvation which left out that Christ established His perfect law by His death and ressurection . This is the law that saves us rather than condemns us , so we are all taught to believe a half truth which is a lie .
Doing what is right is God's will for us , not running churches , if we believe the truth which sets us free but if we don't believe then these works are filthy rags .
Christ is our righteousness and can be so only if we believe in everything He has done by His death and ressurection which sets us free . Then He can also work on the things we do wrong and make them right , then He can answer our prayers and deliver us from evil .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:45 am 

NJA wrote:
Les Keane wrote:
Even if people recognise the words, they do not really understand what's being said because it's talking about spiritual things which the natural man cannot understand.

Personally I must say that what one says to the Lord is a private conversation and none of my business whether it is in English, German or tongues. Even gibberish for that matter.

It's none of my business

May they live & rest in peace (:-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:16 am 

NJA wrote:
I read through Acts and noticed that they knew precisely when people received the Holy Spirit, not when people professed faith or "prayed the sinners prayer" or "gave their heart to Jesus" but by the sign of speaking in tongues. (Acts 2:4, 33; 10:44-48; 19:1-6)

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

NJA, where are you-?

There is no one discussing anything on this web site and yet it is a great platform to discuss whatever topic one wants. I ask that you come back, stir the pot before it all boils away and this web site dies of lack of use

please (:-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 am 

anasazi avatar wrote:
..God's love, and my body expresses that love.

Maranatha

Anasazi avatar, where are you-?

There is no one discussing anything on this web site and yet it is a great platform to discuss whatever topic one wants. I ask that you come back, stir the pot before it all boils away and this web site dies of lack of use

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:23 am 

Bornfree wrote:
In Christ,
Bornfree.
:)

Bornfree, where are you-?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:24 am 

Oscarr wrote:
this is Christianity 101, I thought you would have known that.

Osvarr, where are you-?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next